Page 5 of 280 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Default Re: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Yes I hope SMD comes back

they were so much fun.

Default Re: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Quote Originally Posted by Quadromarshia View Post
    Chris and Tina don't do American festivals.
    WHYYY NOTTTT??? I'd love love love a Tom Tom Club show in the Outdoor Theatre. It would be 39483024932408 times sexy.

Also...D. Byrne and Eno together would make my life. Even just Eno.

Amneeziac

I wouldn't completely rule out Depeche Mode. I think it's very unlikely and I don't want it to happen at all because it would be a waste of a perfectly potentially good (sub)headliner. But their tour commences on May 10th. Coachella is three weeks before that, plenty of time to play a show and get to Israel.

Also, for the sake of life, RADIOHEAD will be playing Coachella in 2009. South America and Mexico tour in April, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    WHYYY NOTTTT??? I'd love love love a Tom Tom Club show in the Outdoor Theatre. It would be 39483024932408 times sexy.

Also...D. Byrne and Eno together would make my life. Even just Eno.
    The tom tom club would be great! :]

SMD was one of my fav's in 08 and if they returned it would be awesome. Mr lif makes sense, he has history with coach and has a new album coming out in jan i think. And the presets rocked monolith. Bring em on.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I'm pretty sure CoS gets most of their Coachella info from this very board.
    It's true, kinda funny really, and they get news about a lot of others things (other fests) from here too... regardless, I think that after Buraka Son Sistema, Prodigy's probably the best rumor going right now... which is pretty sweet in my opinion being that they're a sub-headliner. So I dunno, could be worth mentioning...

Kings of Leon (successful new record)
    Killers (I see this as very likely I don't think anyone could argue with this even if you don't like the idea)
    Vampire Weekend (I hear they want to have a new record out around this time-even though no one really plays two yrs in a row)
    Arctic Monkeys (they are working on new stuff now. They are planning on touring around this time)
    Klaxons (my friend talked to one of the guys at coachella 2008 and he said they would be touring around this time and wanted to come back)

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    Killers (I see this as very likely I don't think anyone could argue with this even if you don't like the idea)
    Vampire Weekend (I hear they want to have a new record out around this time-even though no one really plays two yrs in a row)
    Arctic Monkeys (they are working on new stuff now. They are planning on touring around this time)
    Klaxons (my friend talked to one of the guys at coachella 2008 and he said they would be touring around this time and wanted to come back)
    No one? Gogol Bordello, Justice, Hot Chip...etc. I hope not VW though, they were boring me and it was hot. Arctic Monkeys and Kings of Leon I wouldn't be opposed to but wouldn't be ecstatic about, since they just played two years ago and aren't that great. Klaxons. Weren't they some overhyped band from 2006?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Simian Mobile Disco has oddly specific availability for 2009:
    3/12/09 - 3/28/09, 4/17/09 - 4/25/09 US/Canada Headlining
    Don't forget Feist being available from April 14-30 this year.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island

VW was terrible live

I could see Gogol for 3 years in a row...

vw? really?

klaxons? meh

Justice? lawl, people would be angry..but id go!!
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Don't forget Feist being available from April 14-30 this year.
    PWEEEEEEASE!

Outdoor Theatre, 7 pm... holy shniekes.
    Subheadline? Or third-line?

I'd love Klaxons again, although they are better in a small venue. VW, i wouldn't care and i probably wouldn't watch them. I could see Arctic, i want The Last Shadow Puppets, i dig that record.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    PWEEEEEEASE!

I'm feelin' third line.

And I'd be sooooo down for Klaxons. Missed them in '07.

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    I could see Gogol for 3 years in a row...
    save them for two years of not playing and bring them to 2011. I think that set could being really intense. like say sunset subheadliner. but damn i hate main stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    PWEEEEEEASE!

Either at the end of the subheadline line or first name on third line. She has to be as big, or bigger, than the Decemberists by now.

But I second this. Sunset at Outdoor would be incredible.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island

I'll call the fleet foxes right now. they would be a perfect fit into the festival.
    Also i wouldn't mind kate nash being brought back with her new album due out soon...

Hippie

How about Ministry as a second or third liner? Too heavy? I'm still hoping for a Refused reunion but I don't know if that would ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by who8me2k7 View Post
    I'll call the fleet foxes right now. they would be a perfect fit into the festival.
    ok enough is enough. I am finally checking themout.
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    How about Ministry as a second or third liner? Too heavy? I'm still hoping for a Refused reunion but I don't know if that would ever happen.
    Ministry sorta called it quits this year, so I don't see that happening.

That last post on the Goldenvoice blog kinda had me thinking of an Operation Ivy reunion.

Hippie

Refused or ATDI >>>> Operation Ivy but either of the three would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Ministry sorta called it quits this year, so I don't see that happening.

That last post on the Goldenvoice blog kinda had me thinking of an Operation Ivy reunion.
    I was totally thinking of Op Ivy as well.

Scooper, you need to update the list on the front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

if Operation Ivy reunited that'd be one epic EPIC show, especially at coach. god it gives me shivers just thinking about it
    nice weather! for ducks..

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post

Ministry did call it quits, so as much as I'd love to see them at coachella, not gonna happen.
    but the Revolting Cocks have a new album coming out in February, and that would be a huge party in the mojave or gobi...they always put on a good show.

how about some more heavy/industrial type stuff? maybe some skinny puppy or even oghr, since he has a new album out as well.

but an op ivy reunion would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    Arctic I can definetly see. I personaly am a huge fan and saw them there in 07'.... There wasnt much noise from them this past year cause of Alex Turners side project.

Klaxons...ehh. Id love to see them, but Id rather get Reverend back for skipping out last year. Plus Jaime Reynolds (Klaxons lead singer) was there last year, he came out during Mark Ronsons set and did a song.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...lection-events

New Decemberists album out next year. Perhaps they'll graduate to the main stage this year and play in the sundown slot one night.

Quote Originally Posted by starrdogg View Post
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...lection-events

New Decemberists album out next year. Perhaps they'll graduate to the main stage this year and play in the sundown slot one night.
    For some reason i cant picture the decemberists playing...don't really know why. then again jack johnson played, so maybe.

the decemberist played in 07. I missed them due to conflicts with kings of leon. and how is jack johnson in any comparison to the decemberist??

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    the decemberist played in 07. I missed them due to conflicts with kings of leon. and how is jack johnson in any comparison to the decemberist??
    I was making the comparison as I couldn't see jack really playing...but hey he did. But fair enough, I was unaware. I have no problem with the decemberists, just stating I can't really picture them playing next year but I'd be all for it as long as they don't take up a top spot (which they probably would...)