Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The WWE Thread

Default Re: The WWE Thread

weak...screw batista

Hippie

You beat me to it. Fuck that. Batista was never any good and he never will be.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

http://www.justin.tv/raw_is_war_era

24 hour streams from the raw is war era and PPV's.

Last edited by faxman75; 10-28-2008 at 10:02 PM.

The golden years 24 hours streaming of matches from 1985-2001

http://www.justin.tv/classicwwf

uh anything past 1997 is not "golden year", in fact nothing past 1992 is.

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

My favorite match list looks extremely Bret Hart biased, haha. I really think though, that part of pro wrestling just totally died when he left. Things should have never of ended for him the way they did. That whole Montreal screw job thing should never had happened...no excuse for it, and he should never had gone to WCW, because he was poorly underused there, it's an embarrassment to his career (like I said earlier). He deserved MUCH better than that.

Anyway, some of my favorite matches of his would have to be: (in no order really)

vs. Shawn Michaels - Survivor Series 1992. This was when the whole new era of wrestling (the non-Hogan, Macho Man, Warrior, big guys) officially started for me. Two young, athletic guys wrestling for the title in the main event...first time a match like that didn't feature the likes of Hogan, Macho Man, or Warrior in like what, 10 years???

vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XII. Again, though I hated the outcome (it was obvious who was gonna win), I enjoyed the back and fourth for the whole hour plus overtime. A lot of classic spots and manuvers in this match.....very cool (minus the whole Shawn telling Bret Hart to fuck off at the end of the match thing).

vs. British Bulldog - Summerslam 1992. Again, another spectactular match to headline a main event that didn't include the "bigger" names of the day. It was a great technical match with a lot of back and fourth, very entertaining. Plus I remember "watching" this match (like I did with a lot of PPV's back then) on the PPV channel, but the image was scrambled, so you could really only hear what was going on. Good times.

vs. Demolition - Summerslam 1990. Very cool 2 out of 3 falls tag match...Demoliton were always one of my favorite tag teams, and to see em against my favorite wrestler was very cool. Plus the Legion of Doom showed up during the match too. More good times.

vs. Ricky Steamboat. It was sometime back in the late 1980's...I think they were supposed to wrestle each other at one of the PPV's, but that match was cancelled, but they still had this house match scheduled (it's on some of the old Colisuem video releases and I think Hart's DVD)...anyway, good tech spots again and back and fourth. Classic wrestling.

and of couse vs. Owen Hart - Wrestlemania X. I remember listening to this on the scrambled channel too....I really loved this fued, especially how it was drawn out for over a year almost....both were great in the ring, and I was surprised to have seen Owen get the victory, but looking back, I now of course understood why, as it set up other matches down the line for the title later on.

Menik,
    not a fan of the Stone Cold match at Wrestlemania? that one was a classic. yeah, it helped usher in the attitude era, but it was still an incredible brawl.
    also, even though the cage match was better, i preferred the towel match.

oh, the memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Yeah the Stone Cold match at WM13 was great as well....I actually enjoyed the heel turn for Bret Hart at that time. The New Hart Foundation and the whole pro-Canada and anti-USA thing along with the building feud with Michaels at that point, felt a whole lot more real (and entertaining) than the NWO angle happening at the same time in WCW.

yeah, the New Hart Foundation was a bit more real, but it lacked some serious star power.
    it was sad to see Brett at the HoF a couple years ago. he was so out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Yeah the Stone Cold match at WM13 was great as well....I actually enjoyed the heel turn for Bret Hart at that time. The New Hart Foundation and the whole pro-Canada and anti-USA thing along with the building feud with Michaels at that point, felt a whole lot more real (and entertaining) than the NWO angle happening at the same time in WCW.
    yeah i'm on the opposite side of this one, I didn't watch wrestling from about 1990-1994 The thing that had me back was seeing Hulk Hogan turn heel in WCW and the NWO angle. Having Hall and Nash in the ring as well made quite the impact on me. I finally stopped watching again in 2002.

McMahon completely ruined the WCW and ECW once he made those purchases. I was so excited and hyped for the prospects and was even a little patient with it as I used to read the Ross report and JR said give these guys time to adjust to the bigger ring. Completely awful. So many fantasy matches could have taken place leading up to a kick ass PPV. Instead the fans got cheated in my opinion to sub par plots and sloppy wrestling.

Yeah but people like Beniot, Eddie Guerro, Rey Mysterio, Booker T and others all got elevated to main event levels in WWE, something they weren't in WCW. So McMahon picked a few names from the rosters, kept them, and gave em proper pushes eventually. Yeah there could of been tons of dream match ups, and it sucks some didn't happen, but eh...

Booker T was the heavyweight champion in WCW and Mysterio had belts too and was very popular. Eddie and Benoit came over long before the merger. They took some time before becoming main eventers but yes, they were utilized very well in the WWF.

McMahon really ruined the whole invasion angle if you ask me. It was not nearly as dramatic as it could have been. This was HUGE. Booker was the black Rock IMO, bookend, rock bottom same thing essentially. They could have mimicked eachother and started a huge feud. That's just an obvious one. ECW was completely destroyed and turned into the watered down wrestling it used to make fun of. I couldn't even watch after seeing someone get DQ'd in a match.

Anyway, the classic stream above is pretty cool. I watched I think Sting wrestlen Jake the Snake in a coal miners glove match last night. Announcing was JR and Jessie Ventura. The end of the match had Jakes snake biting him in the face as he got pinned. It was pretty cool..

Booker T was the heavyweight champion in WCW and Mysterio had belts too and was very popular. Eddie and Benoit came over long before the merger. They took some time before becoming main eventers but yes, they were utilized very well in the WWF.
    WCW had no clue how to utilize anyone. They let Hogan and Nash be part of the main booking committee, and they routinely put themselves over and in main events time and time and time again.....it was a miracle someone like Booker T was able to grab hold of that title before WCW was done for good, thought actually not really, because they had fucking David Arquette as champ??? Wow, WCW fuckin blew, haha. Really, who can WCW even claim as legit guys that THEY created??? You can count em on one hand...Sting, Goldberg, Booker T, Mysterio, and maybe Paul Wright. That's about it. Everyone else later became big and famous in the WWE, or were huge before Turner bought NWA and created WCW out of it and really began their run and tried to become legit competitor against the WWF (talking Flair here mostly). So while the Invasion angle sucked balls, it was probably the best thing to happen to each of those wrestlers who were signed after WCW was bought out. And for the people who switched before the buyout, well they were obviously the smart ones.

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    yeah, the New Hart Foundation was a bit more real, but it lacked some serious star power.
    it was sad to see Brett at the HoF a couple years ago. he was so out of it.
    Out of it? What do you mean? Just old/washed up looking? He did look a little beat up, but he seemed very happy to me.

That Arquette shit was beyond dumb.

Hippie

vs. British Bulldog - Summerslam 1992.
    Amazing match. That one is definitely in my top 5. I'm surprised there's no Ric Flair matches that are your favorites. He had some great matches with Ricky Steamboat, before that stupid dragon gimmick.

I still have Savage vs Steamboat as a top 5. I don't know what else I would put on that list. Probably one of the Hardys vs Edge and Christian latter matches. Definitely an RVD vs Jerry Lynn match as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Amazing match. That one is definitely in my top 5. I'm surprised there's no Ric Flair matches that are your favorites. He had some great matches with Ricky Steamboat, before that stupid dragon gimmick.
    Well I was just listing Bret Hart matches there....but yeah I enjoy Flair matches as well too.....I would list the Royal Rumble 1992 match itself in my top 10 for sure....I thought it was really awesome that he was able to beat that field (Hogan, Macho Man, Undertaker, Sid, Dibiase, Piper) and win the belt. I wish they would put the belt on the line again in a rumble match.

Out of it? What do you mean? Just old/washed up looking? He did look a little beat up, but he seemed very happy to me.
    yeah, he did seem happy, but physically he was out of it. he was very shaky. i knew he had a stroke some time before that, but i watched it with my family (who used to watch wrestling in the "golden era") and they agreed he didn't look right.

Hippie

That wasn't a bad tag team match.

So do you guys think Jericho will drop the belt to Cena on Sunday? I really hope he doesn't, but I think he probably will. Considering it's supposed to be one of the big four ppvs of the year, they haven't hyped up this SS very well. The teams are just randomly thrown together.

I think Jericho will retain the title at SS....it might be a dirty win, or a DQ finish, but I think he'll retain for another rematch at the next PPV. I think eventually there is gonna be a triple threat match with Jericho, Cena, and Batista, that Cena will win....which will then slowly start a Batista/Cene feud with a match coming at Wrestlemania between them for the title. I really like Jericho as champ though...he is one of th ebest in the business for sure.

Yeah the SS tag matches just seemed randomly thrown together....not much build for em at all...its like they just announce em on the website and poof there u go. I mean they're trying to build feuds for Michaels/JBL and Batista/Orton...but feuds never really work for SS matches.

Glad Regal is back and IC champ too...I've always liked him and his character. It's too bad he was suspended earlier this year, because he was a on a push to be in main event matches. Oh well.

I'm a little surprised they have some of the bigger names (Batista, HBK) out there for the lumberjack match...usually they just throw the mid cards and jobbers out there for face time (cough Snitsky cough)....but I guess with Orton in the match, having some of the other bigger names out there helps the match.

Hippie

I'm glad Orton is back and I'm glad he won. I don't like CM Punk.

Yeah, Regal has always been good on the mic and great in the ring. Do you know why he got suspended?

I miss the American Wrestling Association, the original National Wrestling Alliance, the Universal Wrestling Federation and World Class Championship Wrestling. I was sadder about the death of Bruiser Brody than I was when Falco died in a car crash.

Hippie

How old are you?

Why? You should never ask a man his age, unless you are a Mike Huckabee supporter.

Hippie

Because you must be pretty fucking old if you miss all four of those organizations.

Define SPECIFICALLY "pretty fucking old." In terms of NEW American Wrestlling Association news, the WWE now owns the remains of the AWA and successfully sued an AWA rip off federation to force them to change their name. I believe they were called AWA Stars.