Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1186

Thread: The WWE Thread

Default Re: The WWE Thread

bryan's the worst wrestler in years
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

Really? It's more like Bryan could run circles around 95% of that roster, but they don't use him properly (never have). Same goes for several other guys on the roster.

I hate the direction they are taking with the Daniel Bryan character. I thought they would have kept him as a face to hold then title or have lose it immediately. But to turn him into a heel after Henry held the title as a heel for so long.

I also think Dolph Ziggler is the best wrestler right now skill wise and he does deserve to be the WWE champ soon enough. If only they could just have him separate from that annoying person in Vickie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Really? It's more like Bryan could run circles around 95% of that roster, but they don't use him properly (never have). Same goes for several other guys on the roster.
    the way he presents himself, or should i say the writers are presenting him is just fucking annoying. and that "move" he does where his opponent sits up on his knees and then Bryan proceeds to kick him across the chest while yelling "YEEEAAAAH, YEEEAAAAH, YEEEAAHH" I can stand like ONE, maybe TWO strong kicks with yelling. the dude does it like 6 fucking times, every time...it's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I hate the direction they are taking with the Daniel Bryan character. I thought they would have kept him as a face to hold then title or have lose it immediately. But to turn him into a heel after Henry held the title as a heel for so long.

I also think Dolph Ziggler is the best wrestler right now skill wise and he does deserve to be the WWE champ soon enough. If only they could just have him separate from that annoying person in Vickie.
    I used to hate Ziggler and Swagger...but I gotta say you're 100% right about Ziggler (as a heel at least), Swagger needs to work on his stage presence a little more still. I'm still scratching my head about Orton, I know he's been on vacation for a while...but just over the past year or so I'm kind of "meh" on him.

CM Punk and Brian Danielson are the future of the WWE. Be prepared to see them for at least 10 more years. They arent going anywhere. I dont see anyone on the current roster, good enough to take their place.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

I ran into Raven this weekend. The guy looks like shit. hhahah

I think the problem with Orton is that they really haven't had any real good story lines with him this past year. His rivalry with Christian was way over done and this one with Wade Barrett is just as over done but possibly even more annoying. It's just shows though how much better Raw is then Smackdown. If Orton got seriously injured and was out multiple months Smackdown would be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    CM Punk and Brian Danielson are the future of the WWE. Be prepared to see them for at least 10 more years. They arent going anywhere. I dont see anyone on the current roster, good enough to take their place.
    brian danielson is fucking shit imo - maybe he'll make a good heel, who knows. imho Ziggler and CM Punk are the future of the WWE...bryan is a far way behind both of them

btw - your pic of Raven kind of bums me out. fuck he looks bad

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Frye View Post
    brian danielson is fucking shit imo - maybe he'll make a good heel, who knows. imho Ziggler and CM Punk are the future of the WWE...bryan is a far way behind both of them

btw - your pic of Raven kind of bums me out. fuck he looks bad
    If you're only referring to his run in wwe, I'll agree that Danielson has been shit. Its been a huge let down with what they have been doing with his character. When the nexus angle went down and he choked the shit out of the announcer, I was impressed, but wwe then dropped the ball like the always do. They turned him into a pussy heel.

I'll have to disagree with you on one thing, He is by far a more talented wrestler than Punk or Ziggler. After following all 3 wrestlers for many years in the indies, it's easy to see that Danielson is a better wrestler while the other 2 are better charters/personalities. All 3 of them have a long future ahead of them. Its only a matter of time before Ziggler is a champ.

If you're only referring to his run in wwe, I'll agree that Danielson has been shit. Its been a huge let down with what they have been doing with his character. When the nexus angle went down and he choked the shit out of the announcer, I was impressed, but wwe then dropped the ball like the always do. They turned him into a pussy heel.

I'll have to disagree with you on one thing, He is by far a more talented wrestler than Punk or Ziggler. After following all 3 wrestlers for many years in the indies, it's easy to see that Danielson is a better wrestler while the other 2 are better charters/personalities. All 3 of them have a long future ahead of them. Its only a matter of time before Ziggler is a champ.
    oh he's the one that chocked the announcer? mgmt at WWE sucks balls...and BTW, why did they disband Nexus? it was one of the best faction plot lines since like DX imo for the WWE. i think they dropped the ball on that one as well...should have never gotten Cena involved with that.

Soap Operas for men.

^ perhaps, but I grew up watching it, and wrestling is allot more entertaining than watching shows likejersey shore or gay as house

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Soap Operas for men.
    Eh, MMA is the same shit now a days too. Look at whats going on right now! Where the fuck do you think Chael Sonnen got that gimmick he's doing? Fucker thinks hes Stone Cold. Shows like UFC primetime and TUF is just building characters so you watch the PPV. Just like raw leads into PPVs. Same shit man. Dont give me that soap opera shit.

Eh, MMA is the same shit now a days too. Look at whats going on right now! Where the fuck do you think Chael Sonnen got that gimmick he's doing? Fucker thinks hes Stone Cold. Shows like UFC primetime and TUF is just building characters so you watch the PPV. Just like raw leads into PPVs. Same shit man. Dont give me that soap opera shit.
    i gotta buy that stone cold 3 blu ray disk set that just came out...fucking Stone Cold stunner = the best finisher ever

Why you getting all butt hurt?

I won't contend with the idea that they're building up a character for people to watch. I will take issue with the "you" part, though. I don't need a prime-time or a reality show to get excited about a fight, a legitimate fight where the outcome hasn't been predetermined. That shit is exciting in itself.

I laughed pretty hard while Chael was running at the mouth. Then i got sad because it is highly reminiscent of WWE. That fucking sucks. For a group of people who claim to love the sport, they're really watering it down with that kind of BS drama.
    Last edited by marooko; 01-30-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Why you getting all butt hurt?

I won't contend with the idea that they're building up a character for people to watch. I will take issue with the "you" part, though. I don't need a prime-time or a reality show to get excited about a fight, a legitimate fight where the outcome hasn't been predetermined. That shit is exciting in itself.
    Sorry dude, I didnt mean to come off as aggressive. I love both organizations. Ive been watching one of them since I was 3, so I get a little protective.

I laughed pretty hard while Chael was running at the mouth. Then i got sad because it is highly reminiscent of WWE. That fucking sucks. For a group of people who claim to love the sport, they're really watering it down with that kind of BS drama.

I love this gimmick shit. It sells ppvs.

The characters are almost as good as wwe. Nick Diaz as the thug, Sonnen as the loose cannon and Bisping is a British asshole. It works and it sells tickets.

No worries man. I just came in to stir the pot a little. I use to freak out about WWF(E), until I found out it wasn't so legit. Every once in a while I'll catch a glimpse, and it is pretty captivating, I just can't get in to it anymore. LONG LIVE GEORGE "THE ANIMAL" STEELE!!!

I love this gimmick shit. It sells ppvs.

The characters are almost as good as wwe. Nick Diaz as the thug, Sonnen as the loose cannon and Bisping is a British asshole. It works and it sells tickets.
    This is pretty good. I know it sells tickets, and really, that's the ultimate goal. It just saddens me that it takes away from a sport I really love. I started watching in 94, via VHS. We didn't have PPV capabilities, and there's no way my mom would have paid for it. Also, boxing was (and still is) our families (as a whole) combat sport of choice. My older brother is the only one who watches MMA, and he barely catches it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Frye View Post
    i gotta buy that stone cold 3 blu ray disk set that just came out...fucking Stone Cold stunner = the best finisher ever
    The Tombstone says you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    The Tombstone says you're wrong.
    haha, nice

daniel bryan - worst entrance music since sexual chocolate

The Rumble was hilarious, the ending was decent, but the final four could have been more entertaining. Orton and Show were out rather quickly.

I think WWE should just combine both rosters. Smackdown as the b-string is boring. I must say, though, I enjoyed Henry's run. He worked the heel gimmick well. Too bad he's injured again.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

At the time of my post, this thread was sandwiched between two reading threads. Good work, team.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

mid-show Punk match, i'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    I think WWE should just combine both rosters. Smackdown as the b-string is boring. I must say, though, I enjoyed Henry's run. He worked the heel gimmick well. Too bad he's injured again.
    This needs to happen. With a PPV every month and having the two rosters doesn't really allow any time for any real story development at all. Raw somewhat fixed that with having the Supershow but Smackdown is still screwed over. I say either combine the rosters or have less PPV, which probably wont happen as it seems to work from a financial standpoint. It's just that the Royal Rumble yesterday and then next PPV is Feb. 17th is so stupid.

best ending to RAW in about a year

fuck shit

Who wants another repeat of that match?
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

I'd be down for it, if it were HHH's career on the line or something, maybe with HBK as special guest ref. Who else is there for Taker to face at Wrestlemania other than HHH? Obviously Cena is the only "big" match they have left for Taker, so perhaps next year....but there is hardly anyone else at all on the roster who is worthy enough of having a match with Taker at WM. Barret? Ziggler? Please.....Maybe Jericho or Punk, but it's likely they'll be facing each other, so that rules them out. There really is no one besides HHH...so hopefully over the next few weeks, Taker will taunt him and they'll agree to one final match together. Still don't think Taker should retire until he at least gets to face Cena at a WM.

I will say though, I thought HHH/Taker last year at WM 27 was a pretty bad match....very slow paced, horrible ending...with only a few good spots. Nothing like his matches with Edge, or HBK in the previous years.

Taker showing up was unexpected imo, which is something out of the ordinary lately for this show

i'll admit that them staring each other down for like 10 minutes, with the WM neon sign in the shot too was overkill