Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: The WWE Thread

old school

Default Re: The WWE Thread

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I don't get it.
    I don't either.

Didn't Don King completely fuck up boxing to?

Is there any competitive fighting sport that isn't completely rigged by assholes? UFC?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Wait, do you consider WWE wrestling to be a competitive fighting sport?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Eh, the rumble itself wasn't that great...the Booker T/Diesel appearances were pretty uninspiring. I would loved to have seen both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan last longer (always think it's cool when guys from the #1-3 spots can last a while). Miz eliminating Cena was a little surprising so that's cool. Guess it's Del Rio vs Edge at WM.

Also I doubt Miz would be fined for saying he doesn't care who wins, it fits his character...but brining up Hogan's name? Probably will get fined for that.
    Dude, stop being such a fucking fanboy. It's just like you are with Goldenvoice, be honest with yourself for once dude. It sucks! Keep applauding Kings of Leon and The Miz but no matter how much you mope around the desert. Kurt Cobain and Bret the Hitman Hart aren't coming back, johnny eric mccain, yippie kye ya.

old school

Wait, do you consider WWE wrestling to be a competitive fighting sport?
    Of course. It's all real. They weigh themselves. Steroids are not allowed. It's all a real competition. Read up the books!

Dude calm down....if you hate this "PG" era, then don't watch. Stone Cold and the Rock aren't coming back, hate to break that to ya. You can always turn on SpikeTV and watch TNA.

And I don't applaud the Miz, in fact I hate him as well. He'll always be that dumbfuck from the Real World to me, and no way can I (nor do I want to) see him as a headliner for Wrestlemania, but I'm not Vince and I don't make those calls. So for all that head scratching decisions, I still hold out for some decent stuff like maybe a Taker/HHH rematch, and maybe Taker/Cena for next year.

old school

MJA, The Undertaker was banned from using his powers from the undead world, because it's all just too real. Come on, get with it.

old school

Dude calm down....if you hate this "PG" era, then don't watch. Stone Cold and the Rock aren't coming back, hate to break that to ya. You can always turn on SpikeTV and watch TNA.
    Sorry, I just wish people like you wouldn't put up with all this bullshit from WWE so willingly. Ring of Honor is top notch right now, I'm a big fan of Jim Cornettee and them. I don't want Rock or Austin to come back, neither of them are good wrestlers at all. I just wish Miz, Ziggler, Bryan, Edge, etc were allowed to express themselves to the fullest. Meanwhile, ROH is killing it and TNA is the worst shit ever but WWE is doing this pedestrain PG shit and it's kinda killing the whole vibe.

Express themselves to the fullest?

Isn't everything they say scripted?
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

The PG era may suck right now, but when you're a publicly traded company, with toy and video game deals to sell to kids, you kinda put yourself in a tough spot to get more violent/x-rated/whatever. I assume things won't change unless WWE starts losing major money/business, and that doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon.

old school

No matter how lame this PG stuff is, TNA is on another level.

That really is the worst shit ever. Fucking VINCE RUSSO!!!!! WOW!

old school

Express themselves to the fullest?

Isn't everything they say scripted?
    If they suck, yes. When they're good, it's called "shooting" so the creative department lets them improvise.

old school

Some of the best "shooters" were Jericho, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold.

I can't stop giggling at the possibility that Tim thinks professional wrestling is a legitimate competition that has been sullied by crooked promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnake28 View Post
    Ring of Honor is top notch right now, I'm a big fan of Jim Cornettee and them.
    If you like them, you'd probably like PWG. its heaps better than ROH. Now that ROH doesn't have a tv deal, i see PWG taking over as the top indy of the U.S
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

old school

The PG era may suck right now, but when you're a publicly traded company, with toy and video game deals to sell to kids, you kinda put yourself in a tough spot to get more violent/x-rated/whatever. I assume things won't change unless WWE starts losing major money/business, and that doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon.
    Right, this all makes sense but you've noticed how they're teasing a big change back to how it was, right?

John Cena has been saying things like, "Well I can't say what I REALLY think because of the TV-PG Restriction!!!!" Also there was the whole CM Punk faking suicide thing. They've been teasing it on Raw for sure. You have to at least acknowledge that.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    I can't stop giggling at the possibility that Tim thinks professional wrestling is a legitimate competition that has been sullied by crooked promoters.
    At least they're working harder than all of your DJ's that are just pressing buttons, turning knobs, and flipping switches, no?

It's not music if they're not playing acoustic whiteman instruments. yeah?

Wait a minute. This is groundbreaking. Tim, do you think the endings of pro wrestling matches are pre-determined?

old school

I'm kidding, you morons. Sorry. I wish I could lie and convincingly act like I think it's all real but I'm not on the Devin/Salah intelligence level and I knew the difference between "real" and "make-believe" when I was very young.

However, I do think that large gay men crying about unfortunate relationships with parents on a message board is very real and sad. That fucking Red Fern, dude! It Grows!!!

Got my car un-stuck lol. The rumble was fun (I only missed the Edge match). I'm really out of touch though, who is this Del Rio guy?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnake28 View Post
    Dude, stop being such a fucking fanboy. It's just like you are with Goldenvoice, be honest with yourself for once dude. It sucks! Keep applauding Kings of Leon and The Miz but no matter how much you mope around the desert. Kurt Cobain and Bret the Hitman Hart aren't coming back, johnny eric mccain, yippie kye ya.
    but Bret the Hitman Hart DID come back..
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

I know the seeds have already been planted for a Del Rio vs. Edge program at WM, but I'd like to see Del Rio come out and challenge the Undertaker for WM and try to end the streak to become Mr. Wrestlemania claiming THAT match has become the "real main event" in recent years.
    8/27 Rock the Bells @ Shoreline
    9/1 Amon Tobin @ The Warfield
    9/30 DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock @ Mighty

It needs to be Taker/HHH at WM this year (and Taker/Cena next year). But sadly, I dunno if they're gonna do that or not...I don't think a Taker/Barrett or a Taker/Del Rio really has the draw of a big WM match.

Ehh I've already seen undertaker kill HHH in a big wrestlemania match. I have no interest in seeing that again.
    8/27 Rock the Bells @ Shoreline
    9/1 Amon Tobin @ The Warfield
    9/30 DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock @ Mighty

Don't know if the WWE kids know who Sting is but this would still be a dream match.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

That would be very awesome, but I'm not sold on WWE having gotten Sting. That new promo could have just been another Undertaker return.

old school

How has this asshole not made a comeback?

Dead or bird flu is the only acceptable answer.

He's with the rest of the "legends" (Hacksaw, Jake the Snake, etc...) wrestling in gyms probably. He was inducted into the hall of fame last year though, I think.

TNA is better than WWE. Also, the National Wrestling Alliance tapes new shows in Orange County California.