Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The WWE Thread

Hippie

Default Re: The WWE Thread

What happened to Edge? Did he get injured in the HIAC match? With him and Orton out the main event scene is a little weak. It's nice to have a break from SuperCena though.

Edge is just taking a break. They're "selling" his injury from Summerslam, but in reality, they're just giving him some time off so his fued with Undertaker will die down so he can start a program with someone else.

So who are the champs in the respective Raw and Smackdown brands right now? Is there anybody decent in ECW or is that barely scraping by? I saw Mike Awesome mentioned in this thread -- he committed suicide by hanging recently, didn't he?

Two stories from watching WWF when I was a kid:

My dad took me to a show at the Tucson Convention Center and we had floor seats. "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff took the match into the crowd. "Macho Man" got thrown to the ground and was literally sprawled out at my dad's feet. When you're 5 years old and one of these behemoths you've been watching on TV for the past couple years is less than a foot away from you, it's sort of a big deal. My dad wanted to pat his back and help him up but opted against it for fear that "Macho Man" would mistake him for "Mr. Wonderful" and punch him.

A couple years later, my dad took me and a friend to another show. I don't know who the face in the match was but the heel was Butch Reed. For those who don't recall, he was a black guy who would come out to the ring kissing his biceps. One of my uncles would always say "***** please" when Butch was on screen, and so being the impressionable youth that I was, I said, "***** please!" as Butch walked out to the ring. Lo and behold, there was a black family sitting two rows in front of us. One moment I'm saying "***** please," the next moment my dad's rapping my head with his knuckles telling me not to say that. I shut up immediately and looked at him like, "What the fuck?!" He apologized profusely to the father of the family in front of us, who was good natured enough to turn around and enjoy the rest of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

RAW champ right is Chris Jericho, SmackDown champ is Triple H, and ECW champ is Matt Hardy. Only one of those I care for is Jericho. Triple H usually gets whatever he wants though, therefore he is champ once again, but I'm pretty tired of him. And I don't care for ECW. They don't have anyone worth while on that show really....Matt Hardy who I don't really like, Mark Henry who's only good for about 5 min matches, Finlay who has that horrible Hornswaggle character following him around, John Morrison, and Tommy Dreamer. I respect Dreamer (he's an ECW original) but I wish WWE would use him more or at least honor him with one world title run in his WWE career.

Hippie

You forgot about Evan Bourne, he has potential. He's more of Smackdown/Raw regular now though. I'm also sick of Trips, his No Mercy match with Jeff would have been so much better if I wasn't 100% positive he was going to win. Has Dreamer ever even had an IC or Tag Team title in the WWE? Heyman knew how to use him. His ECW feud with Raven was one of the best in my lifetime.
    Last edited by Backwater; 10-08-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Hippie

menik, do you think Jericho will drop the belt to Batista? I don't want it to happen and I know you don't but do you think he will? I hope he hangs onto it until at least past Survivor Series.

No I don't think he'll drop the belt to Batista (at least not at Cyber Sunday). I think he'll hold onto past Survivor Series actually. I do think it will be either Cena or Batista who takes it from him though. I bet by the time WM25 rolls around, it will be Cena and Batista for the belt. I like Jericho as champ though.

It's just too weird to talk about WWE with you guys... So I will pass.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Hippie

Um, how is it weird? Do you think the movie thread is also weird?

Passive is right, a WWE thread is weird, but i like it.

this reminds me of when my rommate got back from work and saw me watching WWE. i felt like i was caught jerking it, but it turns out he likes it too. in fact, he had stopped watching Raw for the first couple of weeks we were living together for fear that i would catch him. pretty hilarious.

anyways . . . Goldust, Rowdy Roddy Piper, or the Honky Tonk Man to fight the italian dude? i wanna see all three, but I know the gimmick will lose the match and can't bare to watch Goldust lose. and Piper is always on, so I'd vote for the Honky Tonk Man.
    i love all three choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Hippie

"I've got something in my eye?" Fuck Batista, what a terrible face, and heel for that matter, but he really sucks even more as a face.

What is so weird about a WWE thread in the Misc. Lounge of a messageboard where you have threads much weirder than this one? Unless, you think pro wrestling in general is weird.
    Last edited by Backwater; 10-13-2008 at 10:08 PM.

I think it's just WWE and pro wrestling has a bad name attached to it.

Pretty predictable and lackluster Raw. I knew the main event was gonna be Jericho and CM Punk. The only entertaining bits this week were Jericho's, Orton's and Santino's ramblings. Main event could of been decent but having Batista as ref made it too predictable. Michaels match was okay, but Michaels refuses to lose like 95% of the time, and once it was known as a lumberjack match, I knew the finish would be DQ.

Hippie

If only Edge could turn face and they could finally do the Edge vs. Orton payoff match. They actually had a well developed feud about two years ago and they didn't even have one payoff match, which is so unusual these days because like you said, they have too many matches between the same two guys far too often now. They had it built up perfectly for WM 23, only to blueball all of the fans and throw them in an 8 man, even though it's usually 6, clusterfuck of a money in the bank ladder match. I was planning on going to that WM but that pissed me off so much that I decided not go, also the booking was ridiculously predictable at the time with SuperCena winning every match and HHH being injured, there was absolutely no way in hell Michaels was winning the main event. Just one more reason why Detriot sucks.

Hippie

Whoa! HHH vs. Undertaker tonight. That's quite the main event for the B show. What do you think's going to happen? My money's on Vladimir running out and attacking HHH, DQ.

Young blood

holy christ. This is a thread in which you take this shit seriously? You know when "wrestling" is cool?

Thats right, never.

Hippie

Shut up Captain Hook

Young blood

hahahaha thats all you got loser? wwe hahahahahaha. Even the mentally handicap laugh at you.

Hippie

You know all about handicaps.

Young blood

I wish I was five again.

When you are over 20 and watch wrestling you might as well sign up for welfare.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    I wish I was five again.
    Is that when you actually had two hands like normal people?

Young blood

Thats when I joined society like a "normal person". hahaha wwe hahaha jesus you are poor.

WWE is trying to go all out for the MyNetwork TV, that's the only reason you're seeing a match such as Undertaker vs HHH. I also think Vladimir will come out, I'm sure Big Show too, heck maybe even Jeff Hardy. WWE doesn't know how to have a big match end without interference anymore. It's sad.

Have you read the new Bret Hart book? I'm almost done with it, and it's really really good. The best book to ever explore the wrestling world for sure. I feel really sorry and bad for Bret. He was my favorite growing up, heck since as long as I can remember, dating back to 1989 and such....and to see how the greatest wrestler's career ended up like his, it's just sad and disheartning. I have deep hate and digust for Shawn Michaels. I can forgive Vince, epescially what he did for Bret following his run in the WCW, but Shawn, from all accounts taken from Bret's book (and Shawn's own book as well) is just a fucking piece of shit liar poor excuse for a decent human being. He's so fuckin selfish, it ain't even funny. Having read this book just makes me realize I picked the right guy to cheer for growing up.

And speaking of Bret's WCW run, the truth finally comes out in Bret's book of how it was really ran behind the scenes by Bischoff and others (hogan, Nash)....which pretty much means a pile of dog shit could of ran things better than Eric and Nash and Hogan were. They didn't even plan storylines until right before they entered the ring, and they kept throwing Bret all the over place saying maybe do this or do that etc....it truly makes the WCW look so pathetic...Bret should of just retired and never have gone over there, it's an embarrassment to his career.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    WWE doesn't know how to have a big match end without interference anymore.

Shawn is just a fucking piece of shit liar poor excuse for a decent human being.

They didn't even plan storylines until right before they entered the ring
    I completely agree about them not knowing how to end a match cleanly anymore. On the rare occasion that they do, it's a match between two crappy wrestlers like Cena vs. Batista. The Great Khali usually wins cleanly also.

Shawn sounds a whole lot like Young Blood. In all seriousness though, I always kind of assumed he was a terrible person. The irony of it is he's supposedly super religious and he loves the Lord with all his heart.

I knew about WCW not planning anything out until the show started from the Monday Night Wars dvd. They didn't even have run sheets, meaning none of the wrestlers knew who they were fighting or when on any given night. They just book it on the fly, ridiculous. I would expect that from a company like TNA.

No, I actually didn't even hear anything about the Bret Hart book. The only wrestling books I've ever read were Foley's and they were really good. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Is that when you actually had two hands like normal people?
    You're a fucking idiot. Justin with a prosthetic for each and every extremity could still kick your ass from here to Y3K even if you had the limb surplus of a Hindu god.

Hippie

Did that have anything to do with wrestling? No, get out of here.

It referenced fighting. It's considerably more relevant than your attempted pirate-themed playground-grade vitriol.

Shawn finding God is a laugh. That doesn't change a thing at all about who he really is. I believe he use's that "finding God" as an excuse for himself to believe that he's a better person than he believes he is, which in fact, he isn't.

I've read Shawn's book, and I've read Bret's now....and combining both, I've come to a final conclusion that Shawn Michaels is just someone filled with lies and jealousy. He is trash and I have no respect for him whatsoever. He has good ring skill, but as a person and character, he is awful.

You wanna know one major reason Shawn had it out for Bret? This is STRAIGHT from Shawn's own book. Shawn got upset when he found out that Bret was making 1.5million a year on his new contract, while he was only making only $700k a year. He approached McMahon about it and said it wasn't fair.....BUT, he tells McMahon that he didn't care if the Undertaker made more than he was (Undertaker was being paid the same as Shawn), but he DID have a problem with Bret making more....this logic of his is never explained. I don't understand how he could honestly argue that he was mad Bret made more but didn't care about how much Taker made. The only conclusion is that he was scared of Taker (which he was) and jealous of Bret (which he was). Nevermind the fact that Bret had been a lot longer than Shawn had (dating back before WM 1!), had held all the titles up to that point, and had carried the WWF after Hogan left, and had turned down a bigger offer from WCW. Seriously, Shawn had no right whatsoever to demand that Bret being paid that much was unfair, yet he argues this in his book and was one of the main reasons he started manipulating Vince into thinking paying that much to Bret was gonna hurt business and keep Shawn from the spotlight....that's how he thinks. He is such a piece of fucking trash.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg! Yelling at Bret to "get the fuck out of the ring" after WM12 main event, accusing Bret on live tv of having "sunny days" (alluding he was having an affair to Sunny at the time - yet shawn never mentions that he and HHH took an actual shit in a cake box and left it at Sunny's hotel door)....also refusing to drop the belt to Bret at WM13 and forfeting instead...yet when Bret said he won't drop to Shawn at SS, all of a sudden Bret was doing "wrong" for the business. Shawn is such a hypocrite. God, I hate him.

Young blood

In all fairness I was asking for it.

Its wrestling. I can understand Meniks stance on it. He can separate fact from fiction. He understands and appreciates the art of the sport.

Backwater just likes oiled up bros in speedos yelling at each other and mashing their salads together.

Hippie

Thanks for keeping this thread on topic menikmati, two worthless goons were trying to hijack it for a minute there.

Wow, he really does sound like a prick! That's some interesting stuff.