Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The WWE Thread

Default Re: The WWE Thread

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UlIR4ZAR5mM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UlIR4ZAR5mM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

Hippie

No Mercy's on right now. Here's the link to the free live stream for anyone who's interested: http://www.jackbook.com/sports/watch...-stream-online

HHH vs. Jeff Hardy should also be pretty good

Thanks for the link, I can never find those live streams.

Hippie

I just use google and never have much of a problem. Are you watching it now? Just as that Kane/Mysterio match was getting good Kane has to use a chair and get DQ'd, LAME.

Kimbo got fucked up.

haha, down and out 14 seconds into the match...got a bit of a glassjaw?

seriously, fucking chump. I would always talk shit about Kimbo, and my friends wouldn't let me hear the end of it. He is a beast, he could beat up anyone, blah blah blah. now they are quiet. BITCHES!

PPV ended pretty much how I had predicted. Some good matches. The last three at least.

Hippie

Undertaker vs. Big Show was better than I expected. I liked the tug-of-war with the belt at the end of the ladder match. Despite the crap undercard matches, it was still one of the better ppvs of the year.
    Last edited by Backwater; 10-06-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Hippie

Are you watching tonight, menikmati or anyone else? Not a bad opening segment, sometimes I think Jericho has more mic skills than wrestling skills. He has a way with words and it shows even more when that douche Batista has no mic skills at all. Let's see if Shawn can carry this Lance Cade to a decent match in the ME tonight.

Jericho is great on the mic and great in the ring.

Santino is great on the mic and horrible in the ring.

Batista is horrible on the mic and horrible in the ring.

Hippie

Haha, agreed 100%

Hippie

This Kofi Kingston might have potential, I don't know if he will be able to work a mic though. What do you think of CM Punk? I think he's alright but that straight edge gimmick is so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    This Kofi Kingston might have potential, I don't know if he will be able to work a mic though. What do you think of CM Punk? I think he's alright but that straight edge gimmick is so lame.
    Eh I'm not sold on Kofi Kingston. I mean yeah he's energetic and has charisma and the kids love him, but I don't think that's gonna get him anywhere except being a filler for mid card matches. He reminds me of Koko B. Ware, everyone loved him and he brought energy to the ring, but he never achieved anything.

And for CM Punk, you're right, his gimmick stinks, as does his name. I mean he's good, and could one day stand up to the bigger names for title shots, but not yet. They really need to change his character, but he came from the ECW brand so I guess thats where his gimmick kinda grew from. Though if you want my opinion, WWE should just drop that whole ECW brand...I don't even watch it (partly cuz I don't get sci-fi channel), but they only have a handful of worthwhile wrestlers on there who they could and should diversify on their two other shows. Keep to to Raw and Smackdown. This whole ECW thing just sucks IMO.

Hippie

Well I don't know if you were a crazy huge fan of Paul Heyman's original ECW like I was but when WWE started this bullshit, only one word came to my mind: blasphemy. Then again, I'm a huge fan of basically anything that comes out of Philly, so maybe I'm overrating the original ECW but I really thought it was great. Cactus Jack, Taz, Chris Candido, RVD, Sabu, the list goes on and on

Eh I was never a big fan of the original ECW either. To me, after having watched WWE since I was like 4 or so, ECW just seemed to be a dirty cheap version of wrestling. I've always been a fan of long, solid, technical matches without any of the "weapons" or "extreme rules" (i don't mind the low blow or rake to the eyes - ah good ol Ric Flair). ECW was just too over the top for me.

Hippie

HHH looked very heelish in his match last night against Jeff. I hope they turn him fully, I just don't see him as a face right now at all.

Not for a while, especially with his feud with Vladimir coming up. I think Batista is gonna turn heel after Cena comes back. I've always been more of a heel fan. The only babyface I ever really truly liked and rooted for was Bret Hart and Undertaker (and British Bulldog - when he was a babyface). Other than that, I usually stick to heels and have since growing up (Demolition, Mr. Perfect, HBK - when was heel, Jericho, Million Dollar Man, etc...).

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Loved ECW, loved how they were kinda for the smart wrestling fan and they pulled no punches. Hardcore. Awesome. The crowd interaction and chants were great. Chanting "shes a crack whore" or "you fucked up" when someone in the match makes a mistake or fails at hitting some choreography correctly. Classic. Those Rob Van Damn vs Jerry Lynn matches were incredible back in the day.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Loved ECW, loved how they were kinda for the smart wrestling fan and they pulled no punches. Hardcore. Awesome. The crowd interaction and chants were great. Chanting "shes a crack whore" or "you fucked up" when someone in the match makes a mistake or fails at hitting some choreography correctly. Classic. Those Rob Van Damn vs Jerry Lynn matches were incredible back in the day.
    Agree 100%. Smart marks, smarks, those were the fans. "You fucked up!" = classic. Did you see the match with the raining chairs at the end? I think it was Al Snow vs. Foley, or one of those two was at least involved in it, but at the end, I think Al asked the audience, "Can somebody throw me a chair?" Of course someone did right away, then another one came, then another, and another, then before you knew it, the entire place was raining chairs into the ring, it was beautiful.

I remember the chairs vividely. It was so great. I saw an Anarchy Rulez ppv in 1999 I think live. It was so much fun. The main event was Matsatu Tanaka vs Mike Awesome vs Taz. A triple threat match for the title. It started out as a regular match and then one of them showed up and I forget who but it was great. Gotta love the "oh my god" Joey Styles commentary as well. I have the three official hardcore dvd's they put out which are great as well. I can watch the RVD vs Jerry Lynn match over and over. Alfonso's whistle still gives me a headache though. I also used to get a little annoyed with all the pre match posteuring that RVD used to do but hey, he was the Whole Fucking Show.

The Sandman was the original beer drinking bad ass, not stone cold but not many people know that. Gotta love a guy who comes to the ring smoking a cigarette drinking a beer.

so, menik, you like the soap opera that is WWE instead?

and, kimbo got laid out. im so fucking glad.

I like the entertainment of the WWE. That doesn't mean I like every "soap opera/storyline" they have or every wrestler they have, but I enjoy some of it, and I enjoy a few of the wrestlers.

I just can't find the same in MMA/UFC/whatever. I can't get involved or even care when two 150 lb guys are grappling on the mat for 5 minutes. It's times like those I wish I would rather be watching Jericho, or the Undertaker.

this thread is kind of embarrassing to the boardz.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    this thread is kind of embarrassing to the boardz.
    I guess I'll never understand why this is all so frowned upon. If you say/think don't watch wrestling because it's fake, then I guess don't watch movies because those are fake too.

NoNo...i'm sorry, im not hating. If you dig it, you dig it, and thats cool.

I think everyone knows its fake, so that shouldnt be argued. I really just think its silly. These huge, roided up dudes, all lathered up in man oil, pretending to fight and have beef...IDK, i guess its just a little much for me.

Like i said, if you dig it, more power to you...in fact, i never should have shit in this thread, it wasnt right of me.

calmer and reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    I think everyone knows its fake, so that shouldnt be argued. I really just think its silly. These huge, roided up dudes, all lathered up in man oil, pretending to fight and have beef...IDK, i guess its just a little much for me.
    the outcomes may be rigged, but the acrobatic shit some of them do is pretty damn amazing, not to mention the falls they take. can't fake that stuff.

put simply, it's a soap opera for men.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post

put simply, it's a soap opera for men.
    FAIR ENOUGH!

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    And for CM Punk, you're right, his gimmick stinks, as does his name. I mean he's good, and could one day stand up to the bigger names for title shots, but not yet. They really need to change his character, but he came from the ECW brand so I guess thats where his gimmick kinda grew from. Though if you want my opinion, WWE should just drop that whole ECW brand...I don't even watch it (partly cuz I don't get sci-fi channel), but they only have a handful of worthwhile wrestlers on there who they could and should diversify on their two other shows. Keep to to Raw and Smackdown. This whole ECW thing just sucks IMO.
    CM Punk has had the same gimmick and the same moves since he started in the indy circuit, e.g. Ring of Honor. I was surprised the WWE didn't make him change it, let alone made him the World Champ. I think the gimmick's all right, but then it's an unusually realistic gimmick - he's like that in real life, straight edge. The gimmick has nothing to do with the "ECW" brand. Yeah, that brand sucks though; I was so depressed when the first show was terrible, then they started dropping the original ECW wrestlers like flies.

I've stopped watching wrestling for the most part, but in recent weeks I've started having no life and watching it again - I have to say RAW is a lot better when you haven't been watching in a while; I got really excited to see Jericho and Shawn Michaels on TV, and sort of interested in the "2nd generation superstar" faction, with DiBiase, Cody Rhodes and Manu.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands