Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1186

Thread: The WWE Thread

Default Re: The WWE Thread

Why do I keep coming back to pro wrestling only to be disappointed by the bullshit like that WHC match? God damnit.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Well I'm glad I streamed it online instead of paying for it. With the exception of the Rock winning is predicted everything else correctly. Kind of surprised they didn't do a handshake at the end.

For the taker match what was he point of the hell in a cell when it really wasn't used that often during the match.

Was the point of the Tag match just to make Eve even more of a heel?

With the exception of the beginning I thought the best match of the night was Punk Jericho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Punk/Jericho, Taker/HHH (much better than WM27, but not as good as their WM17), and Cena/Rock were all good matches. The rest of the night stunk.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Kind of surprised they didn't do a handshake at the end.
    Rock's not back to put anybody over. Though maybe they didn't shake hands to build more heat for a rematch (which is similar to when Bret and HBK didn't shake after WM12).

Kane going over Orton was the only surprise IMO.

Terrible fucking PPV over all though. So glad I havent bought one since WM23, Vince finds a way to brutally disappoint year in and year out.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I thought Kane was going to win simply because he was yet to win a PPV since he has been back. Also if Orton won it then it would have kept the rivalry going, which I like both of them going at it, but don't see a future of it going anywhere to be anything substantial.

Huh. That's not the logic I would have gone with, and actually Kane winning kind of continues the feud because now Orton will want retribution. It's kind of silly actually.

The more I sit and think about it, the more the inevitable conclusion that this may be the worst Wrestlemania of all time becomes clear. No four or five star matches (Taker/HHH 3 would have sucked without HBK selling the emotion of the match, Jericho/Punk felt restrained and barely a ***1/2 match), the WHC amid gets buried amid terrible backstage promos, Maria Menunous and Flo Rida, Big Show buries Cody Rhodes, and the one instance where it would make the most sense for Cena to go over like the Hulk Hogan v. 3 he is is the one where they let Rocky go over him clean.

What the hell.
    Upcoming Shows:

Like I said, Rock didn't come back to put anybody over....he's working next year's Wrestlemania (he's said so himself) and probably a couple other PPV's (Summerslam most likely), so his run isn't over yet. I'm sure Cena and Rock will have a rematch eventually, and Cena will beat him. But there was no way WWE was gonna let Rock lose in his hometown in his first WM back, just as I said.

finally...a good fucking heel (hopefully)

solid RAW so far tonight
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

The crowd for tonight's RAW may have been the greatest live crowd I have ever witnessed. God damn was Daniel Bryan over.
    Upcoming Shows:

So it's Brock vs. Cena at either Summerslam or WM 29...whenever that happens, I hope Cena kicks that quitter's ass.

I'm sure it's going to be SummerSlam. I highly doubt they are going to do another year long promo again for WM unless if that is going to be the new thing for the main event. I also don't understand why they are starting this "rivalry" with Brock right off the back. It really doesn't feel like Cena Rock is done yet but waiting for next WM feels to long to wait for the rematch.

Best RAW ever. That Punk / Henry match ruled
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    The crowd for tonight's RAW may have been the greatest live crowd I have ever witnessed. God damn was Daniel Bryan over.
    one of the best crowds i've seen in a long time...they were even fairly receptive to Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    So it's Brock vs. Cena at either Summerslam or WM 29...whenever that happens, I hope Cena kicks that quitter's ass.
    i hope it's Summerslam. so he's contracted for 15 apparences only?

also...thought last night's hell in a cell was weak. why the FUCK do they even call it that any more? start throwing those lugs off the top of that shit
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

HBK made that HIAC match work, but it really should have just been a No DQ match if they werent going to use the cage.
    Upcoming Shows:

Well Hell in a Cell sells better than no DQ. But yeah, it should have been utilized more, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    So it's Brock vs. Cena.............I hope Cena kicks that quitter's ass.
    I was gonna ask how you folks felt about Brock being back, guess this sums it up. Still hope him the best in health, but I'm glad he's gone from MMA. Now we just need to get rid of Sonnen and hopefully the professional wrestler drama mentality will die down a bit.

Wait I'm confused, does 15 appearances mean 15 matches or 15 everything including promos and last night? At first I though it was the former but now I'm thinking it's the latter, which in reality really means 2-3 matches

I read somewhere it was like 35 appearances...or at least 1 appearance a month, plus a couple leading up to PPV's he's involved in...whatever the case, matches/promos/whatever all count as an "appearance"...so I doubt he'll be at every PPV, but it does seem he'll be more involved than the Rock was the last year.

Still though, I can't stand Lesnar that much...he's just a quitter. WWE gave him EVERYTHING in less than a year with the company...he was THE guy...and he lasts a total of 2 years before quitting, saying he was tired of the injuries and life on the road...really? If he had worked for 10+ years for WWE, I could see him saying that, but he was around for TWO years...he's a big baby. Guys like Taker, HHH, HBK, even Cena, have been doing this constantly for 10+ years without much complaint.

So Lawler had a heart attack and collapsed at the announcing table tonight. Awful. Hope he's gonna be alright

Karma's getting him back for being a dickhead in the 90s. I always fucking hated him, Jim Ross on the other hand was always such a cordial gentleman while commentating.

He was a great heel commentator back in the day...hard to follow Jesse Ventura and Heenan, but I think he managed to do so quite well.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I'll be hosting my annual Royal Rumble party tonight. Betting scheme goes like this:

Everyone chips in $___. Everyone draws 2 numbers out of a hat, 1-30. You get the wrestlers that come out in the position of the number you drew (i.e. if you draw 4, you get the guy that comes out 4th). If your guy wins the Rumble, you win the pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Fuck I miss Royal Rumbles
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

It's time to rumble, it's time for the ROYAL RUMBLE!!! Common sense says the Rock beats CM Punk, and Cena wins the Rumble, setting up a re-match at Wrestlemania 29. But with that extra PPV in February, not sure how it's gonna go down tonight yet.

Is the Rock gonna stick around for a 2 month program?

Erik, does Punk/Rock go on AFTER the Rumble or before?
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Is the Rock gonna stick around for a 2 month program?

Erik, does Punk/Rock go on AFTER the Rumble or before?
    This is something I've asked myself as well....if history is any indication, then the Royal Rumble match itself will likely close the event (afterall, the PPV is named after the match itself)...only three times before has the Royal Rumble not closed (1996-1998)....the thing is, I feel that the Rock vs. CM Punk is obviously rare and big enough to close the event rather than the Rumble. In my humble opinion, the Rumble match has lost some of it's steam and "special-ness"...afterall, the last two winners (Del Rio, and Sheamus) have both gone to OPEN Wrestlemania (not main event), and with the Elimination Chamber PPV in between the two with a likely stipulation of "winner of this chamber match goes onto Wrestlemania...", that also shows me the Rumble has lost some of it's steam.

So I'm going to say, given all that, and the fact that you have a rare match like Rock vs CM Punk happening, that match is going to close the PPV. Plus, I think the Rock is winning, and I doubt WWE is gonna let Rock's first championship win in like 10 years or something, be over-shadowed by the Rumble match. Now this does throw in the question is Rock gonna stick around through WM? I think so yes. I think he'll be involved in the Elimination Chamber, a few RAWs, and after losing to Cena at this years Wrestlemania, will then disappear again.

Ugh. I think the crowd will be dead after the Rumble

I just think there is no way CM Punk wins clean, because if he did, then there is no way to really put the Rock back into the title/Wrestlemania picture. So that tells me that the Rock is winning instead, and if the Rock is winning the title after all these years, then that is going to close out the PPV (at least, that is the smart way to do it). I think Rock wins, goes onto the Elimination chamber to defend the title again (against CM Punk and a couple others in the chamber match - I assume Cena will be off in his own singles match with Ziggler or someone at that point) - wins, and goes to WM to defend against Cena (while CM Punk likely faces the Undertaker).

I do agree that the crowd will be spent after the Rumble, but think of it like a double main event, or like going from Pixies to Radiohead, or Portishead to Prince...pretty sure the crowd will stay pumped.

Any chance they open with the Royal Rumble? I'm just thinking in the sense that it makes sense for Ziggler to cash in his money in the bank after a last man standing match. But if he does that then would he be eligible to still enter the Royal Rumble match?