Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RHCP on the Grammys

Default RHCP on the Grammys

So there is a thread about The Police at the Grammy's, but not one about RHCP. Who all saw it? What did you think?

I didn't think it was possible, but it made me even less excited about seeing them live.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Default Re: RHCP on the Grammys

Me too. It's all about Kiedis.
    The more I see them, the more I want to yell at Flea and Frusciante "run guys, run as fast as you can - find a decent lead singer and songwriter, it's not too late!"

I like RHCP but I'll probably pass on them this year. That Hey Oh song is good and has energy but it seems like the director for the Grammys had no clue what he was doing. The camera movements were all still and the cuts to action were slow. It seemed like for half of the song they were trying not to get whatever that said on Flea's Bass Amp in the shot for fear of FCC or something. You can't really knock it out of the park on a Grammy's show anyways.

p.s The Grammys are the worst piece of crap to happen to music since MTV(and yes I know, the Grammy's came first) Someone with money who likes the "Indie Rock" stuff needs to bankroll a new awards show for music that means something more than CD sales and what designer they are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I like RHCP but I'll probably pass on them this year. That Hey Oh song is good and has energy but it seems like the director for the Grammys had no clue what he was doing. The camera movements were all still and the cuts to action were slow. It seemed like for half of the song they were trying not to get whatever that said on Flea's Bass Amp in the shot for fear of FCC or something. You can't really knock it out of the park on a Grammy's show anyways.

p.s The Grammys are the worst piece of crap to happen to music since MTV(and yes I know, the Grammy's came first) Someone with money who likes the "Indie Rock" stuff needs to bankroll a new awards show for music that means something more than CD sales and what designer they are wearing.
    there's a few shows...they just dont get televised.

PLUG Awards
    Mercury Prize
    Junos

I think there's a few more

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    there's a few shows...they just dont get televised.

PLUG Awards
    Mercury Prize
    Junos

I think there's a few more

cool, I'll look into them. I only watched The Police and Timberlakes performance. I'll be honest with you though, you might not like Timberlakes music but he is talented at what he does. Yeah, that's right , I said it!!!!

cool, I'll look into them. I only watched The Police and Timberlakes performance. I'll be honest with you though, you might not like Timberlakes music but he is talented at what he does. Yeah, that's right , I said it!!!!
    I don't disagree. He's trying so hard not to be looked at as just some run of the mill pop star, but he's got N*SYNC tattooed to his forehead

The best things about RHCP's performance were Flea's LA Lakers warmup outfit and "Love to Ornette Coleman" -- coz the ceremony sure didn't show him any...
    For my Internet DJ gig, start here: http://xpn2.org
    For professional pictures and words, start here: http://www.desperatehours.com

And I love how right before they cut to commercial break the announcer says something like coming up the RHCP, something you're NOT gonna want to miss. So it looks like I should be happy I fell asleep then? hahaha

I think they chose the wrong song to play. If it HAD to be a song from Stadium Arcadium, atleast play one that has more pizazz!
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

I love RHCP but I agree that the camera 's made it look pretty bad. It was like the Peppers were going to play another song but last second said "Snow" so the camera guys dident know who or what or how to shoot it. It's sucks that Live or wanna be live TV has gotten so bad that I look for blunders more then I look at what taking place.

O well Im happy it was the Peppers and not Broken Boy Soldiers
    i die with you

the performance was really lackluster.
    the announcer said it was going to be something i would talking about the next day.
    well, he didn't say it would be positive.

i know i'm going to hear it from my music professor today.

Its true he probably had the best performance of the night except for that stupid handheld digital camera that was stupid.

[QUOTE=ghettojournalist;48689]the performance was really lackluster.
    the announcer said it was going to be something i would talking about the next day.
    well, he didn't say it would be positive.

That is EXACTLY was I was thinking!!! HAHAHA! I thought maybe they would bring Stevie on stage to do a little ditty or something but nope... And then Jon was finally able to play the guitar the way he SHOULD be playing and then..done. thats it.. no solo.. no nothing.

CHRIS ROCK also announced them as the best band in the World... they have got excellent PR.

It was pretty awful. I don't know if it was them or the song.

And everyone's always talking about how great Frusciante is, but they're doing this dull, slow song, and then John plays a solo out of left-field that A)seemed to be from another song alltogether and b)sure as hell didn't impress me.

I know he's a great musician, but he seriously should have stuck to a solo career. (Or formed another band with Flea.)

The only time I ever saw the Peppers was when they were playing rotating guitarists. I think his last name was Marshall. He wasn't impressive, but he didn't stick out like a sore thumb.

"Under The Bridge" may have made them stars, but it ruined the band.

flea and frusciante shine with the mars volta.

Lurker

Anthony keidas should do a duo with Tracy Chapman, because that's what he sounded like at the grammys
    99, 02, 03, 04 , 05 , 06

I actually am surprised that Stevie Wonder didn't play "Higher Ground" with them.

I wasn't happy with their song choice. Not a good song for displaying John Frusciante's amazing guitar work on their new album. That song is decent, but I was hoping for a duet with Stevie Wonder on "Higher Ground". Flea was very entertaining though.
    The Police were more exciting to watch.

I think the most exciting bit was the confetti falling everywhere, I love to watch the celebrities squirm as it goes down their dresses and gets stuck in their hair. Hahaha. As for RHCP, mind numbingly boring, even by their standards.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

jesus, the grammys are lame. RHCP was underwhelming. the only thing I enjoyed was gnarls. not a whole lot for 3 1/2 hours. thank god for tivo.

i dont even watch the grammys anymore
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

my music prof. was there and he said when the confetti popped no one in the crowd could see the band.
    he wasn't enthused about the song choice either.
    he loved the police.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I challenge anyone on here to play snow (the song the chilis played) in a situation like that:
    I've performed as a backup vocalist at arena sized awards shows before and even with in-ear monitors and a decent mix to kill the terrible acoustics, it's just about the worst performance situation possible: you have no creative breathing room, because you're being timed down to the half second, and you've already played the song the same way like three times that night. I think it was a lousy choice of songs, and a shitty scenario. and if you think it's indicative of the slightest of what their full-length sets are like these days, you're just uninformed.

I saw the chilis live a few weeks ago in nashville...and I must say this lacked complete energy they are capable of, so i wouldnt judge all their live shows from this one cause you can tell they really didnt want to be there and they arent a band that really fit into those kind of things.

They blew donkey balls! Just like they have over the past 10 years!
    And that song! UGH! F'n AWFUL!

Why do you people even waste your time with that abomination? The Grammys have been doing nothing but awarding mtv-laguna-beach-rehashed-montage-puppetmaster bullshit for decades and you're all surprised RHCP blowed ass?

Let's not forget these are the same people that put Modest Mouse in the "Best New Artist" category in 2003 and awarded Jethro Tull for "Best Metal Album".

This was the first Grammy show I watched in years, and it was only because the Police were on the bill. Never again will I make the mistake of leaving it playing in the background. One of the worst mistakes of my life.

RHCP was boring, and I thought Kiedis was way off.

old school

Kiedis is awful
    Christina Aguilera sang her ass off. Her performance, even though I caught the last bit of it, seemed like it might have been really good.
    Just sayin'
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

Any awards show that tells me that The Dixie Chicks, Mary J. Blige & Justin Timberlake are the pinnacle of musical talent is utterly ridiculous, and a waste of precious moments of our lives....like someone said previously, "thank God (science) for Tivo"......too bad they couldn't mic anyone's vocals properly...

.....and the RHCP blow like they have for a decade....

yes, they are very talented musicians, but I question the integrity of Flea & Frusciante .....you guys have a lot of $$$ now.....go ahead and leave Anthony Kiedis behind and move on to make some interesting music that is worthy of your talent......

Hey yo, listen what I say yo......are they serious?