Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2328

Thread: Show Posters

Default Re: Show Posters

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Thanks guys! I was drunk and watching The Good The Bad and the Ugly after listening to a ton of Mazzy Starr on Spotify all day long and I wanted to do something spaghetti western cough syrup surreal on this one.
    Great job, I really like the Mazzy Star font and the graininess of the poster. I think this one is my favorite.

And damn, Harlow's? That's going to be quite the intimate show.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Todd Slater: greatness. "SHOMER SHABBOS"

that is amazing, I WANT...I just got this bad boy framed...a Mondo Poster

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Oh man those are both brilliant
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

That close encounters print kills!

I'm upset the walter print sold so quick. Dude has quite the following (Slater, not Lebowski). 15 minutes on twitter is an eternity apparently.

I love all of his pixel and collage work. This one is coming out tomorrow through Gallery 1988:

the close encounters poster is actually a Slater print, guy does some good stuff...him and olly moss have taken over one of my walls

Dont you dare post those olly moss star wars where I can see them... Vengeful every time I think back to that SW drop on mondo. Sigh. Lost print is cool too. I have a couple Moss/Mondo/Movie prints around with my gig posters. I should post some picture sometime.

i missed out too, i went through Ebay because I couldn't live without them...so don't feel that bad

One day... When I have money to burn. They are absolutely wonderful. I'd be happy with just Empire Strikes Back. Any of them really. I just got his Totoro print framed. Nothing makes me happier.

Totoro is awesome, great get on that one...my fave is Empires or RoTJ...however the pink on A New Hope is pretty awesome

The only people that can get prints off Mondo are unemployable scalper cocksuckers.
    Fucksticks.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

The Close Encounters poster has been my only success

Using the two suns of tatooine as C3PO's eyes is so simple and effective. Too smart.

I get posters from Mondo all the time... My only failure was Star Wars Moss. I will teach you the way.

Thats what makes Olly Moss posters so awesome...I love that Zelda poster by him you have as your pic. I would love to learn the ropes for Mondo posters...I know what time they usually release in the day so I just linger about 30min before that usual time and cmd+R non-stop on Chrome. Besides that I don't know what else to do

PM next time there is something you want to grab and we can discuss. I'm usually free around that time too if you ever need a hand

I hope I can get a hold of the gold variant. He said on expressobeans he'll be using metallic inks for it. I NEED it.
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 02-09-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Secret

i did not notice the Nintendo emblem with Olly Moss's name in it, fucking awesome...and I will keep you in mind next time something comes around

If anyone else is a Moss/Nintendo fan, this one will be onsale at Gallery 1988 on Melrose tomorrow. Opening is at 7pm. Go buy one for yourself, and pick me up one while your at it

Oh my god. There are so many great prints on this page. Especially those Star Wars prints. Those are insane. Do want. Everything on this page.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I wanted that Mondo Drive poster so. fucking. bad. last week.
    But of course, they wouldn't announce an on-sale. You had to watch their Twitter.
    Which pretty much rules out anyone that, ya know, works for a living.

Jesus, why did you guys have to show me these?
    For your health

But of course, they wouldn't announce an on-sale. You had to watch their Twitter.
    Never rely on the twitter. Your best bet is to keep on hitting refresh on the shop page.

One is sitting on the table in front of me, flattening... Some of Taylor's best work, and thats saying a lot. Like swhite423 said, if you are on twitter waiting for it its too late. I added Drive to my cart, checked out, and got the confirmation email before the twitter went off. Shhhhh I didnt say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Oh my god. There are so many great prints on this page. Especially those Star Wars prints. Those are insane. Do want. Everything on this page.
    Details. Amazing:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Jesus, why did you guys have to show me these?
    I blame the Tyler Stout Kill Bill every day.
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 02-09-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Secret

Tyler Stout is massively overrated in my opinion, but his Star Wars prints were pretty epic as well.

The Boba Fet Empire poster kicks ass.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Though very talented and very impressive, I've never been a fan of Stout's style. Being a designer I've been a fan of Olly Moss for a long time, but never until this Zelda poster have I actually thought about buying one of his prints (mostly because I couldnt afford those Star Wars prints and knew it would be near impossible to actually get them). The Triforce Tribute show is in Portland so I've been thinking about driving down for it, though I'm sure his posters will sell out immediately.
    fuck

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Even if you're generally not a fan, Stout's Akira poster is so fucking brilliant. I want it so bad.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

so the Super Mario ones are not available online, its just in store only? Any onsale info for the Zelda one, is it gonna be in-store only too?! That Drive poster is so sexy, I had not watched the movie before seeing the poster so the sense of urgency of needing it in my life was not as great as after I saw the film and it was already too late

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Even if you're generally not a fan, Stout's Akira poster is so fucking brilliant. I want it so bad.
    I like it because he used his layout skills for Otomo's art/style instead of his own, mostly. I like a lot of his gig posters much more. That being said, he has a Princess Bride print coming out for V-day next week Im dying to see. Maybe I'll have a change of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    so the Super Mario ones are not available online, its just in store only? Any onsale info for the Zelda one, is it gonna be in-store only too?! That Drive poster is so sexy, I had not watched the movie before seeing the poster so the sense of urgency of needing it in my life was not as great as after I saw the film and it was already too late
    From internet google-fu and EB forums Ive gathered about the Mario Mossm there will be 150 of the regular (left, black and white) and then a smaller amount of the variant (right, red). 50 of the regular will available tomorrow at Gallery 1988 Melrose in LA tomorrow for the opening of "Multiplayer x2". I doubt any will be left, but if they are they will go online. The rest of the regulars and the variants are for Moss to sell (I think).

The Zelda Moss is for another show. Triforce Tribute at Land Gallery in Portland opening on March 9th. He JUST finished the design for it, so no one really knows the info yet. Im sure it will be similar to the Mario print.

The Drive Taylor was kind of a mess. Half went to a movie screening in Austin and the other half on an instant mondo drop. Theres plenty to be had from Austin flippers on ebay and craigslist sadly... Its beautiful in person though :/ Theres been a couple other cool Drive prints, like this one by James White. It was a giclee so I didnt look into it.

There are already about ~20 people in line for the Mario print at Gallery 1988. I'm going to get there at around 4 and *hope* I'm one of the 50. Considering that his Totoro posters are going for $800 I'm willing to bet the Mario/Zelda prints, who are *way* more popular, will be going for $1k+.

Edit: Apparently a couple of people stayed overnight, and five posters will be going on the 1988 site. Good luck on that though you probably won't even see a buy button.

To get back on track, there is a pretty cool Black Keys poster for the London shows by Chuck Sperry that will go on sale Sunday at a random time:

There will be an uncut version and then the three separate ones.

Malleus also did a pretty good one:

Malleus is also doing a whole series of posters for Dario Argento movies. The first one was for The Bird with the Crystal Plumage and it's awesome. I just got mine and it has sparkle glitter red paint for the blood and it's just incredible in real life:

The next movie is Profondo Rosso and it looks good but not as good as the first imho.
    Last edited by mmsk123; 02-10-2012 at 08:59 AM.