I decided to put this up because I needed a way to talk about how I DJed my first gig tonight without saying "I DJed tonight for the first time WOOOOO!!!". But yeah, it was excellent.
Taking out of the set:
- "Woman (MSTRKRFT remix)
- "Since I left You" (Stereolab remix)
- "Music Is My Hot Hot Sex"
- "Ooh la la" (Benni Benassi remix)
The DJ before me played copious amounts of Hot Chip and !!! so I kinda left them off my list. The typical tracks that went well were, of course, "Paper Planes" and anything Daft Punk (I played two songs to end the show). But things that did go over well that I'm keeping for my next gig:
- that DIOY,Y? song... forget which one.
- All of the Hood Internet stuff (about 6 songs)
- "Je T'Aime" by Armand Van Helden
- anything Chromeo
- the rest of the MSTRKRFT stuff I played
Overall it was a good gig, thankfully the tables were up above the crowd and they had 3 or 4 staff people up on the rail to stop people from raiding me with requests. I ended up playing "Sandstorm" which, on this board, is most likely embarassing, but I swear to god my jaw dropped when I got not one, not two, but THREE requests for "Sandstorm"... People still LISTEN to that song!?!?!... WTF.
So now, tell some gig stories of your own!