They just announced 5 new UK dates in december, in addition to the 02 Arena date.
Either they are prepping for some US shows between september and november, or we'll have to wait 'til 2010.
In a new Billboard interview, they said about U.S. dates:
After recent tours in South America and Australia, the band is booking on a full slate of European festivals before some dates in South Korea and Japan. As for any U.S. dates, Buxton remains non-committal. "If people like the music and really get into it, then we’ll probably come," he says. "If they don't, we won't."
I don't know what that means. Maybe they are waiting for the album to come out (now due in october).
Ya its true.
But i don't expect a big ol' tour. A few big cities and/or some festivals.
Coachella crowd loves them though ( :
The White Stripes 9/18
Their new single is up on their myspace.
"Feelings Gone" featuring Sam Sparro.
Supposed final tracklist. Out Sept. 30th
01. Scars (featuring Kelis, Meleka & Chipmunk)
03. She’s No Good (featuring Eli “Paperboy” Reed)
04. Saga (featuring Santigold)
05. Feelings Gone (featuring Sam Sparro)
06. My Turn (featuring Lightspeed Champion)
07. A Possibility (featuring Amp Fiddler)
08. Twerk (featuring Yo Majesty)
09. Day Of The Sunflowers (We March On) (featuring Yoko Ono)
10. What’s A Girl Gotta Do? (featuring Paloma Faith)
11. Stay Close (featuring Lisa Kekaula)
12. Distractionz (featuring Jose Hendrix Ndelo)
13. Gimme Somethin’ True (featuring Jose James)
14. One More Chance (featuring Li’l Louis)
15. Feelings Gone (featuring Sam Sparro) (Alternate Version)
Sweet. Vula tweeted some pics from the set of the new jaxx video FEELINGS GONE feat. Sam Sparro
Haven't played Coachella since 2004? New album dropping this fall? Yep, sign'em up!
They're not gonna play HARD.
Would you ever have guessed Underworld would play HARD? But in all fairness UW fits the "HARD mold" better than the Jaxx.
I'd rather see them at Coachella anyway.
How does Underworld fit the mold better than Basement Jaxx? Please explain.
I say that because Underworld are more computer driven and Basement Jaxx are more organic in their live show. UW have more of an edge to them that seems to resonate with the demographic HARD is going after. The Jaxx--while equally splendid--are more of a dance band, live anyway. But both certainly do DJ sets.
More than anything else it's that Underworld has more of an edge than Basement Jaxx.
HARD put out a teaser mix for the Halloween show and said that within it were clues to the lineup. The mix contained "Where's Your Head At". Soooo, I wouldn't be surprised by their appearance at all.
^I'm going with the polo grounds
But, next year will be my year of PLURtastic raving action. I plan on doing EDC and anything else worth while in SoCal.
Basement Jaxx IS playing Hard Haunted Mansion. It's on the Hard website. I will go there to see them but I would rather just wait and see them at Coachella, do you think they will play this year?
Gorillaz - Sonic Youth - Daft Punk - Radiohead
for Coachella 2010!