Thread: HOT! HOT! HEAT!

Cool HOT! HOT! HEAT!

lol no, not the band. I was actually wondering about the weather. With global warming I'm sure it doesn't help, but I hear it gets to cookin' real nice. I don't know, any thoughts, tips?

I'm a first timer (yes, boo me), so I have no idea what to expect. I've lived in California all my life so stating the obvious that it's going to be hot won't help much.
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

myspace.com/garbanzermusic

Default Re: HOT! HOT! HEAT!

as a canadian who just endured -22 ... thats FARENHEIT, for my imperial-loving neighbours to the south... i can tell you, coachella doesn't get hot enough.

actually in 05 when i went it was so hot, it was awesome. i thoroughly enjoyed it. they have misting places and stuff and you can just go sit in the shade or under a tent or whatever for a while. also, everyone complains it gets cold at night. it most certainly does NOT get cold at night. it gets cooler than, say, at 2pm, but, uhm. no shit!

I remember weather usually being mid-90s and up. However, 2-0-0-4's heat was ridiculous. Up past 100 with a heat index of what felt like 10,000 degrees. And 2-0-0-5 had great weather. Barely hit 90.

You're in the sun most of the day. If you can find a place in a tent (shade or performance), you're wedged into a crowd. So, no sun, but lots of sweaty people.

Bring a hat and sunglassese. Reapply sunscreen often. Personally, I stay away from the mist, that's like asking for a sunburn.
    Last edited by NoneForMeThanks; 01-20-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: damn filter

Drink a lot of fucking water. <-- that really means bring lots of money.

Yeah last year wasn't bad at all. I remember the worst weather, for me at least, was in '02. I stood near the front of the main stage for nearly 8 hours in the blazing heat (easily over a 100 degrees) waiting for the Prodigy. Man that was awful.

2-0-0-4 may have been ridiculous, but the sweat-soaked orgy during stellastarr was worth it.

The only time the heat bothered me last year was while standing in line to get in. But even then everyone was in good spirits, and we made friends with the people standing around us. I was worried about getting cold once the sun went down. I had no problem though, even wearing a tank top and skirt. The temp was perfect after sundown. I would definitely load up on the sunscreen. The second day I decided to wait before lotioning up, hoping to "get a little color". I got color all right, red blistery color on my shoulders that lasted several weeks after Coachella ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

nothing is hotter than thousands of sweat soaked indie hipsters cramming together in a small tent in the hottest part of the desert day to watch Beck pull a rock star 'tude.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

HEY i wouldnt mind seeing hot hot heat they are great live

Paul is dead

I'd like to hear new material from the Hot Hot Heat. They are so catchy.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

you bump the most random threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Somebody has to.