Default Re: Pearl Jam vs RHCP

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Live Peformance: Pearl Jam
    Quality of Albums: Pearl Jam
    Guitar Solo: Pearl Jam
    Loyal Fanbase: Pearl Jam
    Redundancy of Albums: RHCP

I pick PJ
    To save time, I'll just point you to the up above.
    You came here to steal our great ideas! You've been foiled, we have none.

Im a pearl jam fan...but the talent RHCP has is pretty fucking good...
    Flea is amazing...

and the new PJ album wasnt that good

I pick PJ

i second and add

Lyrical Content: Pearl Jam

i agree with you guys...i would like to see them at coachella one day

I pick PJ
    Guitar Solo: Chili Peppers (just listen to TURN IT AGAIN)
    Quality Of Albums: Chili Peppers (New PJ is not that great)
    Talent: Chili Peppers (Flea is one the best bass player)
    Best frontman: Chili Peppers
    Most underrated guitarist in ROCK: John Frusciante
    Which Band is He in: Chili Peppers
    Band that gives a fuck about its real fans: Chili Peppers
    Band that was called grunge even though they were not: Pearl Jam
    Band who's frontman is consider a joke: Pearl Jam
    Band that wishes it was still the 90's and people still remembered them for TEN and not the other crap they made: Pearl Jam
    band that uses the same chords over and over: Pearl Jam

I do like both these bands but Chili Peppers win. They have more talent and you guys need to listen to WET SAND and TURN IT AGAIN. John shows people he can play. Flea is always on point and if you guys think all their music is the same take a listen to By The Way and Stadium Arcadium. Same Band two different sounds.
    Last edited by jerpar24; 02-06-2007 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

Pearl Jam easily...

I don't really care about either band, so I'm not sure why I'm weighing in here. But here goes anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by jerpar24 View Post
    Guitar Solo: Chili Peppers
    agreed. Frusciante does more for me live than McCready.

Not a big fan of either band's latest album, but PJ plays far more songs I actually like than RHCP these days

Talent: Chili Peppers
    I'd probably agree here too - Frusciante+Flea is better than anything PJ can throw up there

I get tired of Keidis real fast, so I'd probably go with Vedder.

Well, no

hard to disagree

PJ spent years fighting Ticketmaster to keep prices down. Last time I saw them every single seat in the arena was $50 - front to back. Gotta go with PJ here.

Grunge is a made up word. Who cares who is and isn't that, and who gets called it "when they're not"?

By you? Then I suppose I have to pick Vedder here too.

Band that wishes it was still the 90's and people still remembered them for TEN and not the other crap they made: Pearl Jam
    I don't even have a response for that

or that

I do like both these bands
    I sure hope you never like any band I'm in as much as you like Pearl Jam.
    Last edited by MrAmeche; 02-06-2007 at 10:47 AM.

RHCP for sure
    Pearl Jam sucks MLB was epic!!!

No matter who is better that idea of both groups playing in the same place in the same weekend might make for the best weekend EVER. I would S myself.
    i die with you

Pearl Jam, hands down. And I love the Chili Peppers. To the guy who said RHCP give more to their true fans. What the fuck are you talking about? Pearl Jam puts on a 2.5 - 3 hour show filled with b-sides and rarities that only their die hard fans would truly appreciate. Not to mention the Ten Club. Getting a fan club only vinyl single for Christmas is pretty fucking badass. Not to mention getting the closest tickets for their shows, minus the service fees. Let's not forget the fact that 98% of the shows they have played over the last 7 years they have recorded and sold for just barely over the cost of production. Pearl Jam is the single greatest band ever when it comes to how they treat their fans.

Guitar Solo: Chili Peppers (just listen to TURN IT AGAIN)
    Talent: Chili Peppers (Flea is one the best bass player)

I do like both these bands but Chili Peppers win. They have more talent and you guys need to listen to WET SAND and TURN IT AGAIN. John shows people he can play. Flea is always on point and if you guys think all their music is the same take a listen to By The Way and Stadium Arcadium. Same Band two different sounds.
    The guys in Pearl Jam frequently refer to Ten as their worst and most juvenile cd. Eddie Vedder isn't a joke, the people who ripped him off for the last 15 years are jokes. Pearl James latest CD is one of their strongest, no question about it (still no Vitalogy or No Code). You can't blame Pearl Jam for being called grunge, that was the media. They did the same to STP, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins and tons of others. John Frusciante is one of my favourite guitarist of all time, but you can't call him underrated. Stone Gossard is far more underrated. I've seen both live, a matter of months apart. Last year, so this is recent. Pearl Jam was definitely better. AND THEY WERE THE OPENING ACT!!! Turn It Again is an amazing song, but the ending I can't even really consider a solo, there's like 10 guitar tracks. Like I said, it's amazing work, but a lot of that is thanks to editing. It couldn't even be played live. Yellow Ledbetter, Alive, Go and a billion others have better solos. And finally, Eddie Vedder is 10x the lyricist Anthony Keidis is. I love Chili Peppers lyrics, but Pearl Jam goes a hell of a lot deeper than fucking and what kicking drugs is like in their subject matter. They actually have something to say.

Like I said, I love the Chili Peppers, but Pearl Jam kicks the shit out of them
    Last edited by ediger; 02-06-2007 at 08:43 PM.

i saw both bands this past year. i've seen RHCP 3 times, and the last time they played was probaby the 2nd best performance i've witnessed (1st being Coachella '03). Pearl Jam was actually pretty boring, and I love PJ. Sonic Youth opened for them, and they were pretty good live.

I dunno, its like comparing apples to oranges. I just think RHCP is more exciting, Pearl Jam is more mellow. You feel the emotion in Eddie Vedder, but with RHCP, you feel the emotion with John Frusciante. Does that make any sense?

I really enjoy Pearl Jam when I'm listening by myself. If I were to throw a party at my house, I think RHCP would be more appropriate.
    Last edited by Californicator; 02-06-2007 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird404 View Post
    I want to go but fuck, thats a lot of money...

Quote Originally Posted by ediger View Post
    Pearl Jam, hands down. And I love the Chili Peppers. To the guy who said RHCP give more to their true fans. What the fuck are you talking about? Pearl Jam puts on a 2.5 - 3 hour show filled with b-sides and rarities that only their die hard fans would truly appreciate. Not to mention the Ten Club. Getting a fan club only vinyl single for Christmas is pretty fucking badass. Not to mention getting the closest tickets for their shows, minus the service fees. Let's not forget the fact that 98% of the shows they have played over the last 7 years they have recorded and sold for just barely over the cost of production. Pearl Jam is the single greatest band ever when it comes to how they treat their fans.

The guys in Pearl Jam frequently refer to Ten as their worst and most juvenile cd. Eddie Vedder isn't a joke, the people who ripped him off for the last 15 years are jokes. Pearl James latest CD is one of their strongest, no question about it (still no Vitalogy or No Code). You can't blame Pearl Jam for being called grunge, that was the media. They did the same to STP, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins and tons of others. John Frusciante is one of my favourite guitarist of all time, but you can't call him underrated. Stone Gossard is far more underrated. I've seen both live, a matter of months apart. Last year, so this is recent. Pearl Jam was definitely better. AND THEY WERE THE OPENING ACT!!! Turn It Again is an amazing song, but the ending I can't even really consider a solo, there's like 10 guitar tracks. Like I said, it's amazing work, but a lot of that is thanks to editing. It couldn't even be played live. Yellow Ledbetter, Alive, Go and a billion others have better solos. And finally, Eddie Vedder is 10x the lyricist Anthony Keidis is. I love Chili Peppers lyrics, but Pearl Jam goes a hell of a lot deeper than fucking and what kicking drugs is like in their subject matter. They actually have something to say.

Like I said, I love the Chili Peppers, but Pearl Jam kicks the shit out of them
    The only reason I said they don't give a shit about the fans is because Of Vedder. I was In a airport once and I seen him and this one friend of mine who was a huge PJ fan walked up to him adn told him how he was a big fan and we just got out of the Army and he wanted to know if he would take a pic with him. Vedder just looked at him and said I'm busy and he just sat in his seat until his flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

Pearl Jam at The Forum - Beyond outstanding.

RHCP at The Forum - eh.

Pearl Jam did a lot of one-off secret-ish shows for fans at really tiny venues over the last few years.

RHCP released album after album with sound suggesting that they believe they peaked at the song "Californication."

John Frusciante is about as underrated as a guitarist as Donnie Darko was underrated as a movie. Everyone knows him and rates him well enough, now.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

the lead singer from Pearl has an annoying as voice

EVERYONE ON HERE WHO CONSTANTLY BASHES CHILI PEPPERS SHOULD AT LEAST ADMIT THAT FRUSCIANTE PLUS FLEA IS POSSIBLY THE BEST GUITARIST/ BASSIST COMBO IN ROCK RIGHT NOW

Quote Originally Posted by rhcpfan View Post
    the lead singer from Pearl has an annoying as voice
    ah...but he can actually sing

Quote Originally Posted by Benis23 View Post
    EVERYONE ON HERE WHO CONSTANTLY BASHES CHILI PEPPERS SHOULD AT LEAST ADMIT THAT FRUSCIANTE PLUS FLEA IS POSSIBLY THE BEST GUITARIST/ BASSIST COMBO IN ROCK RIGHT NOW
    why?

Red Hot Chili Peppers all the way! What is with all the haters out here! Sure, Pearl Jam is great, but damn, album after album it just gets more depressing. Maybe some people have enough of that considering the state of the world that we are living in. In addition to that, we should all be thankful that we get to go out and enjoy an event like Coachella, so many people have it far worse off! To bash one band to another is a step back. What about progression, love - accepting differences in one another - if every band was the same, what would music be all about? Whoever even started this blog sucks just a bit. Im not going to bother bashing Pearl Jam, they are so clearly talented, But i do support RHCP all the way. They've been my fave band since 4th grade! Is anyone out there even aware that Anthony played a considerable amount of 2006 and 2007 with 2 broken toes! Night after night! Flea is an amazing artist, I have met him, very considerate and conscious of who his fans are and what they go through to see and support them. I have met John Frusciante as well, his talent goes so unrecognized, I dont get it, he's insane, that talent just, I can't put it into words! Chad, he rules, what a fucking gifted drummer, fun and solid! He's been such a blessing for this band. Anthony, man, what he's been through - John as well, look at what he's done with it! His voice has matured so much - has anyone listened to Stadium Arcadium? Now, Im finding myself getting upset over people hating on such beautiful musicians - Im gonna be done for now... Angela - Cleveland, Ohio.

why does everyone think that people think John Frusciante's underrated? Everyone I know, knows he's an incredible guitarist.

I dig the Peppers more. To me their new sound is not as cool as their pre-californication sound, but Stadium Arcadium and By the Way have a wide range of styles. Keidis does sing on both cds. PJ has not excited me since 10 or vs.

I think this is apples to oranges also. RHCP brings the funk. PJ brings something else.

If any band was called "grunge" but weren't, it was Nirvana.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    If any band was called "grunge" but weren't, it was Nirvana.
    grunge died the day Nevermind was released. Bleach is grunge at its finest.

I'd much rather see pearl jam, seen them twice and it was fantastic. I'd still watch rhcp, but i wouldnt expect much.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Pearl Jam

Definately PJ!!!! Nothing like a rough voice singing some old sounding rock and roll for me.....RHCP is wimpy at times

Lurker

this will make my third time in six months to see red hot chili peppers. pearl jam pretty tight but they'll never beat chili peppers