Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC 2009 - 2 Days

Default Re: EDC 2009 - 2 Days

I still appreciate the music and people that I have met, like yourself..but I am not into it as much anymore. I'm getting old. I don't want to party with bunch of 12 year olds anymore. K thnx bye.

Young blood

holy awkward batmenz. p-sike.

raves are for fuckin douche bags. Trance fucking sucks you can shove that shit up ur ass. Raves are for kids that dont have a fucking clue as to what decent music is.

If I could shove Trance up my ass, I would.

Epic
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    yeah, let's take an event that was thrown horribly this year and try to stretch it out over 2 days next year. fabulous idea guys. there is absolutely no reason this needs to be 2 days other than it may help with the number of people trying to get in at the same time. quite frankly there aren't enough big name headliners to go around that we haven't seen 80 thousand times before.

and i agree with bud about the NOS. love the NOS
    How was EDC thrown horrible? except for the long line, I thought i was done really well, much better than any other rave i've been too.. the production was top notch.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    way different. the line up @ HARD is fucking epic. the hard events are awesome and arent full of pacifiers, faggy neon bead jewelry, and asian chicks with raver names like "hello kitty."

Ive been reading this bored forever and hardly ever post anything. For a while now I've thought you were one of the least annoying of the group of pretentious fuckheads life-less old fucks that post 10k things on the board. but you have proved yourself more of a stereotype wannabe than perhaps anyone else ive seen!

you should seriously read the shit you have said, realize how fucking moronic and pathetic you sound, and just never post again. Be embarassed, seriously. You have NO idea what you are talking about. If your think that HARD Halloween was/is is any different than EDC, or that any HARD even is or will be different than the Goventures/Insomniac bullshit, i feel worse for you than the 12-year olds who go hoping that justice remixes mgmt so they can chew their their pacifier with excitement. Just , the saddest attempt to make himself sound superior and informed that i've seen yet on the bored- and thats like saying the biggest contradiction in the bible. Truly a feat.

im looking foward to seeing that guy post DJ PAPARAZZI/LE CASTLE VANIA 4 COACHELLY 2K8.

but actually, keep posting. good hipsterrunoff material

Quote Originally Posted by WeGoSublime View Post
    Ive been reading this bored forever and hardly ever post anything. For a while now I've thought you were one of the least annoying of the group of pretentious fuckheads life-less old fucks that post 10k things on the board. but you have proved yourself more of a stereotype wannabe than perhaps anyone else ive seen!

you should seriously read the shit you have said, realize how fucking moronic and pathetic you sound, and just never post again. Be embarassed, seriously. You have NO idea what you are talking about. If your think that HARD Halloween was/is is any different than EDC, or that any HARD even is or will be different than the Goventures/Insomniac bullshit, i feel worse for you than the 12-year olds who go hoping that justice remixes mgmt so they can chew their their pacifier with excitement. Just , the saddest attempt to make himself sound superior and informed that i've seen yet on the bored- and thats like saying the biggest contradiction in the bible. Truly a feat.
    You are right. I don't understand half the time why people just sit there and veg out and look at lights all night sitting indian style in a circle...I like to actually go to those events and dance to the music and meet new people, preferably womenz.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGoSublime View Post

Well...

You're absolutely right. Everything you said was accurate. too a fucking T. Why i was thinking that HARD wouldnt be that way is beyond me. It was 110% what i said it wasnt going to be; cut and dry. I couldnt believe the sheer number of little pools of kids with pacifiers/glow sticks/finger lights/glowing dildos...everywhere i stepped. I mean, this fucker was chalk full of them...exactly what i said it wouldnt be while aimlessly ripping apart the EDC event (that i had no plans on attending). I appreciate you pointing this out, and confess my shame in it.

-Calmer
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

I wasnt surprised....was I the only one? If you're expecting college kids you are gonna get the wannabe (no not really a word) raver...UC Irvine anyone? hehe
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Damn. I think that's when I'm in Mexico

Lest year, it was three blocks away from my apartment, and I was back east. Grrr.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    How was EDC thrown horrible? except for the long line, I thought i was done really well, much better than any other rave i've been too.. the production was top notch.
    there were too many people for one thing in the area in front of the coliseum compared to 2007. it was crazy trying to walk through there. also, we were told there would be atms, then the vendors didn't know where they were. my friend has medical problems and after waiting in line for 5+ hours (since he wasn't about to cut), he was ready to pass out and couldn't get any cash for his food. we would have stopped to get him cash earlier, but the line off the freeway & parking ($25 at a COLLESIUM WITH GIANT LOTS) were god awful and he had to meet up with someone at a certain time to get his ticket. thankfully we found a vendor that charged him out the ass for his food on his debit card, but fuck.

the event itself was alright and i liked the area where rabbit played, i don't remember that from 2007. but the line and security outside was a bigger deal than you're making it sound. getting trampled by the crowd, having security that was not able to properly direct people to the proper lines, not having adequate water or food in the line (thank GOD for the ice-cream man!), having bathrooms outside that couldn't be used, having police that ENCOURAGED cutting, too few entrances, too few security, all of that was a big deal. i have been to many of their events and NEVER had i been to one that was planned so poorly. we are lucky there was no violence or major medical problems with anyone in the line. that type of shit makes our scene look bad.

i mean, we travel out of town and had to miss all the acts before like 8 or 9 cause we were just standing outside in that clusterfuck. it's sad that the only way to get in was to spend a bunch of money on VIP or cut people in line. it took security WAY too long to open up more entrances.

i had a good time once i finally got in, don't get me wrong, but one of my friends that almost got trampled with me was so scared to get into the final crowd by the gates she went home. that situation really put a damper on the event as a whole.

so yes, it was planned poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

You would think after all these years they would get their act together.

I'm intrigued by the 2 day expansion. They must have some really big headliners that they felt they needed to add a day.

Just like how Stagecoach added a day because the Eagles were available.

Prodigy for EDC, anyone? I really believe this means a big headliner as well. I am overly excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

thanks for explaining some of the chaos chairmenmeow... I was going to ask what made it such a bad experience as far as the set up. The last Daisy Carnival I went to was in 2000 when it was practically all the way up in Fresno. That shit was ridiculous. We brought a tent and pitched it up with a perfect view of the dnb stage. good times, it was on my birthday, hippy flipping is great. The last Insomniac show I went to was Nocturnal in 2004... 2005? Don't know. I know it was at the Orange Show and I fucking hate that place and vow to never go there no matter how great the line up.

Anyway... should be interesting to see where this one is - and I agree, it is VERY early to start promoting it.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

I predict that within five years Electro will be the new dumping ground the same way Trance is now. All the kids will have moved onto the next "big" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldj View Post
    I predict that within five years Electro will be the new dumping ground the same way Trance is now. All the kids will have moved onto the next "big" thing.
    i wouldnt even give it that long

Most musical fads last 4-5 years so then we are about half way into it. I actually think it will be dead by 2010. Not that it matters a whole lot. Trance has been dead for years but still packs 20,000 kids into the LA Sports arena a few times a year. Drum & Bass has been dead since 1999 etc etc.

"Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

very true....I think the electro house thing(nu-disko/indiedance) will fade and electro will go back to its roots
    Last edited by HEADSTRUCK; 11-13-2008 at 12:11 PM.

i still love real, roller skate style electro. i had an electro/breakbeats rollerskating party last year that was the fucking shit.

Young blood

bass. bass. bass. bass. bass. bass. bass. bass. bass. bass. bass. bass. bass.

Traffic at EDC was the worst thing I've ever witnessed. Being stuck on the freeway for an HOUR at the last ramp was ridiculous. Thank god for Patton Oswalt comedy albums. That kept me sane.

I also really felt like the overall layout of the venue was incredibly disorienting. I couldn't find RITM's stage until they were 5 minutes into their set. However... randomly wandering around allowed me to discover Blake Miller and Armand Van Helden, and for that I am grateful.

50/50 for an event, as far as it goes for me. I might go for a day next year, depends on the lineup and if my uncle lets me crash at his place again.
    Upcoming Shows:
    ???

6x Coachella Attendee (2007 - 2011, 2014a)

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

vinylmartyr

Go to a desert party or something.

Traffic was beat by getting a hotel room down the street from the venue, and showing up earlier in the day. It made everything so much easier, and gave people a place to meet up after the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    Go to a desert party or something.
    god, i miss the desert partys we had here in az back in the day. i wish they still did that. i understand why they don't really do the big scale ones anymore, but it was so nice to dance under the stars

vinylmartyr

I have never part of that scene but I know lots of people who were and I am pretty sure its still active in California.

Desert parties are alive and well in SoCal Ivy. It's a bit more underground and smaller in size but they are still there in full force.

i just miss the 90s where we'd have giant stages and bouncy castles and frikken lazers... those were the days

the underground parties are still fun too, i always bring s*mores!

How I wish I could have been older to witness more of these desert parties, bouncy castles, and smores!!! I'm so jealous Ivy!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

hahahah bouncy castles were a blast! I particularly loved the swings - the kind that a bunch of people ride at once and you go up in the air and fly around!!! great fun

It was even fun standing in line and watching the people on it. Oh the anticipation!!!! *it was the drugs that made me feel like a 4 year old*