Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thread Which Shall Not Be Named

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: The Thread Which Shall Not Be Named

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I've never had a bad trip on cid either BlackSwan, Ditto on the stories, I just dont understand how some of these people reach that point
    what about the bonnaroo stories you tell? the jj one in particular, and there was another I don't remember right now. pearl jam?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Acid is not frightening; it's exciting if done right. You will feel like a child again, full of wonder at the world, and everything tastes good, so you have to make sure you're not eating too quickly (could get sick).
    I totally agree on the childlike feelings. I've never had the desire to eat anything though...

vinylmartyr

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    jesus, it sounds like getting ready for a marathon or something. this is a bit too much. I have taken zoloft before but stopped right away because it didn't sit so well it me. I will be with my wife and my brother and sister in law (plus whoever I end up meeting from the board). So I am not worried about being around people I trust. It just sounds like too much you know?

You don't sound like the kind of person that needs to take acid around 60,000 people for the 1st time. Acid is on a whole other planet compared to zoloft. It like comparing a tank to a pea shooter. If you enjoy Coachella sober why take anything. You will feel the effects of taking acid for several days. Its not something you can shake off with a zanex. Its a commitment.

it has everything to do with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

vinylmartyr

I have taken acid over 100 times and the only times I had a bad trip were the last times I took it. I was too paranoid. I was not able to let go and enjoy it anymore. Like that paranoid feeling coke gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    what about the bonnaroo stories you tell? the jj one in particular, and there was another I don't remember right now. pearl jam?
    I think you misunderstood me. That wasn't a bad trip, not in the least bit. Not even close. It was just very WILD. It was intense. It was Bonnaroo! When I say things like Eddie Vedder scared me, I dont mean i'm huddled in a corner crying. I just mean he's freaking me out a bit and I need to get the fuck outta here. That was the best night of Bonnaroo. Jack Johnson's show was so fucking nuts. I love acid
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

i'm really looking forward to being in a group this year. I didn't have such a great drug experience last year, but I was completely alone.
    "Beer summit '09"

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Incase you can't find it, it's called Obamachusetts.
    State Tree: The Man-Eating Tree.
    State Bird: The Dragon.
    State Song: Bring Da Ruckus.
    Population: Awesome.
    Abortions: Yes.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I think you misunderstood me. That wasn't a bad trip, not in the least bit. Not even close. It was just very WILD. It was intense. It was Bonnaroo! When I say things like Eddie Vedder scared me, I dont mean i'm huddled in a corner crying. I just mean he's freaking me out a bit and I need to get the fuck outta here. That was the best night of Bonnaroo. Jack Johnson's show was so fucking nuts. I love acid
    oh got it. I know that feeling actually. thanks for clarifying.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Sarah Palin Acid Test Coachella 2009!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    You don't sound like the kind of person that needs to take acid around 60,000 people for the 1st time. Acid is on a whole other planet compared to zoloft. It like comparing a tank to a pea shooter. If you enjoy Coachella sober why take anything. You will feel the effects of taking acid for several days. Its not something you can shake off with a zanex. Its a commitment.
    Probably. I have been told a number of times that I didn't need drugs and that "I was already there". I once worked with this woman from Chicago and we talked for weeks about different music and politics and when the subject of acid came up she was shocked that I hadn't done it or any drug. She gave me a look like I had killed an animal in front of her. "Wow, I don't know how to talk to you anymore". We laughed about it later but she was really shocked by it. When I talk to people about the shows I have been to and the music I listen they automaticly think I do something. When I was going to Coachella this year, my HR manager joked of drug testing me when I got back. She still thinks I am lying about not taking anything. Full disclosure and I might have mentioned it before. But I kind of grew up around this stuff. My dad was a old hippie and sold the stuff when we were growing up. (now he is a effing Born Again). I didn't learn exactly what was going on until I was 16. I was never curious and had access to it but just was never interested. My older brother was though (he is a dumb ass though). I dunno. He hid it very well and sold all sorts of sort for over 20 years, without anyone knowing. After my parents divorced he stopped and "found god". I prefer my dad when he was a druggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Marco, I agree w/ Vinyl, I think you should pass. Afterall, it is Coachella, it'll be a blast anyways. No need to add a potential downer to the mix. And the last thing you want is to join the dark side where it is a necessity to consume something for every show just for the enhancement. It's great music, take it for what it is and have fun....

the only time I was ever "on" something was being drunk for a Tool concert and it become one of my worst concert experiences ever.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

that wasn't the alcohol....

they aren't that bad Salah...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Marco, I agree w/ Vinyl, I think you should pass. Afterall, it is Coachella, it'll be a blast anyways. No need to add a potential downer to the mix. And the last thing you want is to join the dark side where it is a necessity to consume something for every show just for the enhancement. It's great music, take it for what it is and have fun....
    That's why it's good to do a test run beforehand if you never have before. But I feel like a creep pressing the issue. Sober Coachella is great. Drugged up Coachella is better (if done right). Drunk Coachella kind of blows.

that wasn't the alcohol....

Danny Carey is going to summon a demon that will burn your soul Salah!

Have him take a number. Arcade Fire/Muse are in line too

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    Reading through all of this, I was thinking the same thing. That Coachella Buzzzzz...Love it!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

so, i have been looking into getting a medical marijuana card and am trying to figure out the process. is it normal to have to pay a good chunk of money to see a doc? i found this guy online, but wonder if it's legit.

http://drjimenez.org/merchant/payment_options.php

i do have a medical use. i have used weed in the past to help in my breathing due to my lung disease, cystic fibrosis. the bronchiodilation effect is enormous. so it shouldn't be a problem getting approved, just want to know if there are any other ways of obtaining a card without dropping a hundred bucks plus.

I have one, go to http://www.canorml.org/ they should point you in the right direction for a doctor near you, I have to renew next month, just got some meds in SF and man that earwax oil is strong

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post
    I have one, go to http://www.canorml.org/ they should point you in the right direction for a doctor near you, I have to renew next month, just got some meds in SF and man that earwax oil is strong
    Damn thats cool. writing down some numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    so, i have been looking into getting a medical marijuana card and am trying to figure out the process. is it normal to have to pay a good chunk of money to see a doc? i found this guy online, but wonder if it's legit.

http://drjimenez.org/merchant/payment_options.php

i do have a medical use. i have used weed in the past to help in my breathing due to my lung disease, cystic fibrosis. the bronchiodilation effect is enormous. so it shouldn't be a problem getting approved, just want to know if there are any other ways of obtaining a card without dropping a hundred bucks plus.
    Not being terribly helpful here, but if anyone needs the card, it would be you. I would lose all faith in this system if you couldn't get one.

My husband has some pain issues, and if that increases in the future, he may have to look into this himself. Heck, I might try it for my migraines if they get worse or if my doctor keeps refusing to prescribe me anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

i wish i lived in cali. i want a card. this is the only time i will say/type this but arizona sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Not being terribly helpful here, but if anyone needs the card, it would be you. I would lose all faith in this system if you couldn't get one.
    when i was younger and my lungs were in better shape i would smoke it. now with my lungs down at 50%(basically one lung) of what is normal for someone my age, i use a vaporizer. so great to get the benefits without the actual smoke. anyone know if weed has the same effect as a bronchiodilator when ingested instead of smoked? guessing it doesn't.

you guys are so lucky. I wish I could get my hands on a magical card like that. I'm sorry about your "cystic fibrosis" though, Steve. Is it as shitty as it sounds?

I'm in AZ, so I'm stuck with locachica on this. No weed cards here. I was thinking that if our pain issues progress in the future, we might have to move somewhere which has medical marijuana cards to control our pain.

you guys are so lucky. I wish I could get my hands on a magical card like that. I'm sorry about your "cystic fibrosis" though, Steve. Is it as shitty as it sounds?
    it takes its toll. in the hospital 3-4 times a year, in there for a week or so and on i.v.'s for 3 weeks each time. so once i finish my 3 weeks of drugs it takes a couple weeks to get to really feeling good again. then a month or two later i start to get sick again. it's a vicious cycle, but one i have learned to deal with. it helps having an amazing girlfriend, young daughter, and now newborn son, along with an amazingly supportive family. when i was younger i didn't think i'd live to see my 21st birthday...now i am 30 years old with 2 kids, so i need to fight for every extra day i can. 99.5% of men with cf can't even have children naturally, so being in that .5% is a miracle in and of itself. i am on the verge of going into the hospital again right now, though. only 2 weeks into my son's life and i may have to head in. really sucks. but i can't complain because at least i am still here. i tell people that every day i wake up is a good day, no matter how shitty i am feeling, because i am alive.

jesus, I have no idea what CF is. It sounds scientific and gross. I'm going to research it now so I'm not such an ignorant fool.

But that sounds really bad man, like terrible. But your kids are so darn cute! I vote for more pictures of them!

off-topic and personal here, but is there a reason why you're not married?

if i got married i'd lose the health insurance i am on through my mom. i was very fortunate to be declared disabled while still young and as long as my mom is working they can't kick me off. no way i want to lose ppo coverage and go on government shit. i would also probably lose my disability checks, which is my only source of income. my gf is a realtor, so if she's not selling homes times can get tough and we need every dollar. fortunately she just closed escrow on a home, so we have a good chunk of change coming our way. but until her next sale that is all we have. we will have a ceremony at some point in the future, just not fill out the paperwork to make it official in the government's eyes.

OK, that is a damn good reason, and it also highlights what's wrong with our fucking healthcare system.