Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Cera is an unforgiveable douchebag.

Default Michael Cera is an unforgiveable douchebag.

What he won't be doing any time soon is a movie version of a certain quirky TV show. He hasn't heard of any plans for an Arrested Development film.

"I don't think I would want to see a movie of the series if I was a fan, anyway," Cera says. "And I don't really see a need for it if you can get the three seasons on DVD."

http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=756612

Way to play George Michael years removed from the show, and refuse to do what fans unanimously want.

Shit head.

Banned

Default Re: Michael Cera is an unforgiveable douchebag.

I loved the TV show.

I think a movie would be fucking garbage. Thank god he won't do it.

yeah and i dont think i would ever want to read one of your post again....i would rather be in a bath tub with Karl Rove and eat a bubble after he farted you fucking douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    I loved the TV show.

I think a movie would be fucking garbage. Thank god he won't do it.
    Mitch Hurwitz HAD a plan for a movie, and took the time during the writers strike to pen it.

To assume, it would be a bad thing to have two more hours of Arrested Development, is absurd.

I wouldn't want a movie either. Michael do what you must to keep this movie from happening. I think the 3 seasons or however many exist should stay that way.

They should honestly move forward. Arrested Development should be a closed project, it was successful and ended before getting stale. They should leave it at that. I can't imagine a two hour transition onto the big screen with a larger audience in mind would help the shows spotless image.

I don't exactly oppose the idea of a full length motion picture either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ADrunkPoet View Post
    To assume, it would be a bad thing to have two more hours of Arrested Development, is absurd.
    That's not what I'm saying. At all. If they had done a fourth season, it would have most likely been brilliant. I seriously loved that show, and a movie would have been funny, no doubt. I just don't think it would have done the show justice. I think it would have been, ultimately, a disappointment to fans of the show.

In my opinion, it was just too much of a television show to be adapted well to the big-screen. The camera devices that played such a big part of the role, like the insert shots they did, I just don't think would play as well in a movie theatre. It fit really well into a 30 minute format.

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    That's not what I'm saying. At all. If they had done a fourth season, it would have most likely been brilliant. I seriously loved that show, and a movie would have been funny, no doubt. I just don't think it would have done the show justice. I think it would have been, ultimately, a disappointment to fans of the show.

In my opinion, it was just too much of a television show to be adapted well to the big-screen. The camera devices that played such a big part of the role, like the insert shots they did, I just don't think would play as well in a movie theatre. It fit really well into a 30 minute format.
    Agreed. It would be two hours of fan service. However, for a show cancelled, in it's prime, there has been worse tv adaptations. If Hurwitz has a plan for it, I stand by his judgment that it would be great. The majority of audiences would not get it, but fans of the show would love every moment of it. Cera's response, compared to Jason Bateman, or other cast members simply shows that he feels he is too big for the show and the writer who created his one-dimensional acting. That, in essence defines this thread.
    Last edited by ADrunkPoet; 09-11-2008 at 02:28 AM.

I would give my left nut for a movie. Fuck Cera! Almost the entire cast has said in interviews that they would LOOVE to do a movie, how does this make him look? Like a fucking douche, hence the thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

a straight to dvd film would be the best for everyone i guess. it'll definitely be a waste if they show it nation-wide. people who dont know about the show wont have any idea what's going on anyway.

cera would be a big douche if he really ruined this.

if Hurwitz is still interested and wanting to make a movie, a little punk like Michael fucking Cera won't stop it
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Arrested Development.

Really?? Is that purposely because of all the hype, you just decided to avoid it? I do that a lot.

If it's because it just hasn't happened, you REALLY need to do yourself a favor and rent season one. It's a half hour comedy, so each episode is only 22 minutes on DVD, they breeze by.

DO IT!!!

The only thing that is unforgivable is if he didn't motorboat Kat Dennings on the set of their new movie.

Man does she probably have great looking titties.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

early morning perviness from PassiveTheory!

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Arrested Development.
    honestly, I hadn't seen a single episode until 3 months ago....everyone I knew always recommended it to me, but I don't really care about TV shows that much, so I figured I'd get to it whenever...

I caught up with it on Netflix a couple months back, and now I think it is the greatest thing EVER made for television...absolutely brilliant and hilarious
    '99-'11...

Marry Me!

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Really?? Is that purposely because of all the hype, you just decided to avoid it? I do that a lot.

If it's because it just hasn't happened, you REALLY need to do yourself a favor and rent season one. It's a half hour comedy, so each episode is only 22 minutes on DVD, they breeze by.

DO IT!!!

this is me exactly with this show, i will check it out though, i need me some good tv after watching my new The Office Season 4 DVD's twice already

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

I the office, you love the office

I arrested development, you will love it...

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Marry Me!
    do we have to move to a different state to make it legal?
    '99-'11...

I was under the impression that movie was being made as we speak. BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    The only thing that is unforgivable is if he didn't motorboat Kat Dennings on the set of their new movie.

Man does she probably have great looking titties.
    that she does..

I really wouldn’t want to see an Arrested Development movie, I just don’t think it would work, it would more than likely get loaded up with cheap cameos to hedge the bet of making a feature length movie based on a low rated TV show. I loved the show and always thought it was ridiculous that so few people seemed to watch it, but lets not forget it was cancelled because no one watched it, why would a studio invest millions a movie like this?

I also don’t think Michael Cera is a douche for not wanting to do an Arrested Development movie for a couple of reasons. #1 he has been in several successful movies and can probably do just about whatever movie he wants at this point. #2 why would he want to go back a play a character he played for three seasons on TV? Why not challenge himself as an actor? I think its an odd double standard that people get so upset when bands release albums that sounds similar to one another, but then turn around and clamor for actors to reprise roles they have already played, and played well.

There just isnt enough demand for an Arrested Develpment movie. I realize that you are all fans and you would love it, but most people have never seen the show or dont like it. I think not doing an AD movie adds to the cult following and mystique. I also think that Micheal Cera thinks the show sucks too and has better projects to work on.

Memorial_07

Arrested Development was a good show, but the idea of a movie based on shows like these aren't really a good idea

If they can somehow find money to finance a strangers with candy & reno 911 movie, they can make arrested development

Memorial_07

Strangers With Candy and Reno 911 both sucked though

I disagree, strangers was decent enough but I rented it. Reno 911 kicked so much ass! But I only saw it once in theaters. and I was on acid.

but they are a shit ton of Miami jokes in the movie that non-residents wouldnt really get

Arrested development is a nice little complete package already. It doesn't need two hours of "tying up loose ends". They're tied. Tightly.