Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 92

Thread: Let's Try An Anne Frank

  1. #1
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Seriously--this was by far the worst day I've ever seen on this board. Like four of the ten highest post counts for the past week are people so intolerably stupid I have them on ignore. 80 percent of the people who make this place fun don't post barely at all it's so bad, and 19 of the remaining percentiles are me.

    No but really, I'm going back to Jersey over the weekend and thus would not be posting barely at all for just short of a week. Let's try hiding from this new crop until they get bored and stop feeling like they're succeeding at something by being widely despised. I bet after like two weeks with no negative reinforcement they'll die off. How else do people who suck this much live, if not by some kind of hatred-to-energy conversion mechanism?

    Let's euthanize the board for a week or two and see what happens. I think it's actually horrible enough that I could do it now. Which reminds me--you whores that actually complained about MY level of discourse when I joined better be eating your livers with this bag of shitbombs.

    You can cure cancer if you ignore it, right? Let's hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Absence would just make the presence stronger.

  3. #3
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    I don't think so. Even these idiots couldn't honestly stay entertained just talking to each other for very long. They need the tiny influx of legitimate thought so their tiny dinosaur brains can have something to react to.

    Honestly, what would they possibly do? Think of something original to talk about? I don't buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  4. #4
    Member apostle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,393

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    if this happens, I am going to have to jack the shit out of my post count, and I don't really have time for that, I need to find a job.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Be the chemo for the cancer.

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I don't think so. Even these idiots couldn't honestly stay entertained just talking to each other for very long. They need the tiny influx of legitimate thought so their tiny dinosaur brains can have something to react to.

    Honestly, what would they possibly do? Think of something original to talk about? I don't buy it.
    Are you serious? Their world would sustain just as easily without your or any other whiner's participation. Don't give yourself so much damn credit.

  7. #7
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Are YOU serious? You deal with kids all day long, these people are basically 14 year olds--you really telling me you don't fucking process how they'd get bored?

    Well here's another way to explain it: web theory dictates that on any socialization website you will find only about 1 percent of the visitors actually generate new content, 9 percent react to that content, and the other 90 merely view and don't really engage. They generate absolutely no content. They won't have anything to talk about. Literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    If you insist on bringing in the classroom analogy . . . if I walked out of the room, the kids would be fucking stoked. Then they'd go through a period of WTF, and finally they'd resign themselves to just hanging out because they actually enjoy each others company and might as well stay.

  9. #9
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Right, except your analogy is fucked because you're not very bright--we're not a boring authority figure. Now if all the kids that actually enjoy each others' company leave the outcasts alone in that classroom, what do you think happens? They hang around basting in their social dysfunction?

    Look, why don't you just leave the thinking and logic and all that to somebody else, please. The last thing we need is you voluntarily being stupid when there's plenty of uncontrollable stupidity swarming all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    "Basting in their social dysfunction" is all they need. Authority figure or not the equation is the same. If you find a comfortable space, whether it was clear or you clear it yourself, you're gonna settle in.

  11. #11
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    This is why the kids are all morons. You're a fucking professional teacher, parent of at least one child yourself, and somehow you still understand so little about behavioral development it's just criminal.

    So your argument is that if this was a poker table and 7 of the 9 players got up and left the other 2 would stay and just play each other? Because the table was comfortable to them? Does nothing stupid that comes out of your mouth ever get bitten back?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    But you're talking about stakes involved. Any idiot would leave a table after it scaled down to 2. But most would not leave a party, as long as things were still "working" in their favor.

  13. #13
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Really? You find that parties tend to last long after all the interesting people go home? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    You're assuming that people think that they're uninteresting.

  15. #15
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    You're assuming that it's somehow irrelevant to them. Just because very few people would ever admit to themselves they're uninteresting doesn't mean they carry on conversations with themselves when everyone's avoiding them.

    Look, it's a fucking fact. Take the 1 percent that generates content and the rest will starve.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    There's a small crowd of posters that are tedious, but all it takes is a small crowd to keep the "party" going.

  17. #17
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Wanna bet? I got five hundred that says the post count would drop by two thirds within 10 days. I don't think you're paying attention--honestly, what would they possibly talk about? Mindless boring people can stand themselves if there's other people around to help distract. Somebody has to actually have something to say first though.

    I'm saying I bet I could mysteriously disappear most of the good posters on here with me. It's tempting enough just as an experiment, if not a pure act of desperation.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    All right already, I'm willing to test your theory. How many days do we refrain?

  19. #19
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    I'll bet a week does the trick. They're furbrain, how long do you expect their ADD medication to stay effective?

    Hmm... how to do this and make it work... post Lolla and pre-APW convo will keep those threads lively nonetheless, but they're fine. The dim bulbs barely even discuss music.

    Alright, by the time APW is over the diaspora will either have begun or I'll have egg on my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Yeah sure. It will die down. And the crowds will be back in January with the "OMGZZZ SO AND SO IS HEADLINING?!1" and "WHEN DO THE SETTIMES COME OUT PLEASE?" with all the idiocy. You might get a few months of decent content in the fall when the kids go back to school.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Just remember, Anne's hiding was unsuccessful.

  22. #22
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Two weeks at the absolute tops, they'll get bored and distracted and forget. We'll come back and mop up the leftovers with serious business.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,023

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    I saw this thread title and thought Randy was going to write a diary using his feminine persona...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  24. #24
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    I don't think we can really compare these twits to the Nazi army. They were way, way more organized. And frankly more likable.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    I like how randy's complaining about not other people not generating new content...
    for like a whole friggin page.

    I really wanna know from some of the older board members how in the hell some people got the impression I was new around here. randy, if you want proof I've been positively contributing, check the coachella 2008 photo thread.

  26. #26
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,800

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Ok, I'm in. I need to get work done this week anyway.

    And if it doesn't work, I still say bring back Delta to exterminate them. Only the worthy ones will survive that onslaught.

    Also, Pilgrim, I'm not sure if that was directed at you specifically (see bluemambatard, etc.) but if it was, getting defensive about it is only going to egg it on.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  27. #27
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Pilgrim, I've hated your fucking guts ever since you made that thread about Delta being a Nazi. That showed me all I'll ever need to know about you. You can cry and whine and bitch about your join date all you fucking want, it won't change the decision you made to align yourself with the forces of total jerkoff behavior from the first fucking moment I have any memory of you.

    You've made your alliances, you gaping, flapping asshole--deal with the consequences and for once act like a man and stop fucking crying about no one liking you. Know the one thing nobody ever, ever likes? Douchebags who keep trying to convince people they should be liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  28. #28
    Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Citty upon a Hille
    Posts
    15,979

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Giggle.


    Anyway, when dealing with people like sbessiso, I'm not sure that anyone's absence will cull the friendly idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

  29. #29
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,030

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    seconded
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  30. #30
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

    Seconding Corinna you mean, or the thread purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Similar Threads

  1. Frank Herbert
    By WastedTime in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 09:36 AM
  2. FRANK STALLONE & the F level Celebrities JUST ADDED!!!!!!!
    By joshisgod in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 10:44 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •