Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's Try An Anne Frank

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Let's Try An Anne Frank

Seriously--this was by far the worst day I've ever seen on this board. Like four of the ten highest post counts for the past week are people so intolerably stupid I have them on ignore. 80 percent of the people who make this place fun don't post barely at all it's so bad, and 19 of the remaining percentiles are me.

No but really, I'm going back to Jersey over the weekend and thus would not be posting barely at all for just short of a week. Let's try hiding from this new crop until they get bored and stop feeling like they're succeeding at something by being widely despised. I bet after like two weeks with no negative reinforcement they'll die off. How else do people who suck this much live, if not by some kind of hatred-to-energy conversion mechanism?

Let's euthanize the board for a week or two and see what happens. I think it's actually horrible enough that I could do it now. Which reminds me--you whores that actually complained about MY level of discourse when I joined better be eating your livers with this bag of shitbombs.

You can cure cancer if you ignore it, right? Let's hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Default Re: Let's Try An Anne Frank

Absence would just make the presence stronger.

I don't think so. Even these idiots couldn't honestly stay entertained just talking to each other for very long. They need the tiny influx of legitimate thought so their tiny dinosaur brains can have something to react to.

Honestly, what would they possibly do? Think of something original to talk about? I don't buy it.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

if this happens, I am going to have to jack the shit out of my post count, and I don't really have time for that, I need to find a job.

Be the chemo for the cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I don't think so. Even these idiots couldn't honestly stay entertained just talking to each other for very long. They need the tiny influx of legitimate thought so their tiny dinosaur brains can have something to react to.

Honestly, what would they possibly do? Think of something original to talk about? I don't buy it.
    Are you serious? Their world would sustain just as easily without your or any other whiner's participation. Don't give yourself so much damn credit.

Are YOU serious? You deal with kids all day long, these people are basically 14 year olds--you really telling me you don't fucking process how they'd get bored?

Well here's another way to explain it: web theory dictates that on any socialization website you will find only about 1 percent of the visitors actually generate new content, 9 percent react to that content, and the other 90 merely view and don't really engage. They generate absolutely no content. They won't have anything to talk about. Literally.

If you insist on bringing in the classroom analogy . . . if I walked out of the room, the kids would be fucking stoked. Then they'd go through a period of WTF, and finally they'd resign themselves to just hanging out because they actually enjoy each others company and might as well stay.

Right, except your analogy is fucked because you're not very bright--we're not a boring authority figure. Now if all the kids that actually enjoy each others' company leave the outcasts alone in that classroom, what do you think happens? They hang around basting in their social dysfunction?

Look, why don't you just leave the thinking and logic and all that to somebody else, please. The last thing we need is you voluntarily being stupid when there's plenty of uncontrollable stupidity swarming all over.

"Basting in their social dysfunction" is all they need. Authority figure or not the equation is the same. If you find a comfortable space, whether it was clear or you clear it yourself, you're gonna settle in.

This is why the kids are all morons. You're a fucking professional teacher, parent of at least one child yourself, and somehow you still understand so little about behavioral development it's just criminal.

So your argument is that if this was a poker table and 7 of the 9 players got up and left the other 2 would stay and just play each other? Because the table was comfortable to them? Does nothing stupid that comes out of your mouth ever get bitten back?

But you're talking about stakes involved. Any idiot would leave a table after it scaled down to 2. But most would not leave a party, as long as things were still "working" in their favor.

Really? You find that parties tend to last long after all the interesting people go home? Really?

You're assuming that people think that they're uninteresting.

You're assuming that it's somehow irrelevant to them. Just because very few people would ever admit to themselves they're uninteresting doesn't mean they carry on conversations with themselves when everyone's avoiding them.

Look, it's a fucking fact. Take the 1 percent that generates content and the rest will starve.

There's a small crowd of posters that are tedious, but all it takes is a small crowd to keep the "party" going.

Wanna bet? I got five hundred that says the post count would drop by two thirds within 10 days. I don't think you're paying attention--honestly, what would they possibly talk about? Mindless boring people can stand themselves if there's other people around to help distract. Somebody has to actually have something to say first though.

I'm saying I bet I could mysteriously disappear most of the good posters on here with me. It's tempting enough just as an experiment, if not a pure act of desperation.

All right already, I'm willing to test your theory. How many days do we refrain?

I'll bet a week does the trick. They're furbrain, how long do you expect their ADD medication to stay effective?

Hmm... how to do this and make it work... post Lolla and pre-APW convo will keep those threads lively nonetheless, but they're fine. The dim bulbs barely even discuss music.

Alright, by the time APW is over the diaspora will either have begun or I'll have egg on my face.

Yeah sure. It will die down. And the crowds will be back in January with the "OMGZZZ SO AND SO IS HEADLINING?!1" and "WHEN DO THE SETTIMES COME OUT PLEASE?" with all the idiocy. You might get a few months of decent content in the fall when the kids go back to school.

Just remember, Anne's hiding was unsuccessful.

Two weeks at the absolute tops, they'll get bored and distracted and forget. We'll come back and mop up the leftovers with serious business.

I saw this thread title and thought Randy was going to write a diary using his feminine persona...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

I don't think we can really compare these twits to the Nazi army. They were way, way more organized. And frankly more likable.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I like how randy's complaining about not other people not generating new content...
    for like a whole friggin page.

I really wanna know from some of the older board members how in the hell some people got the impression I was new around here. randy, if you want proof I've been positively contributing, check the coachella 2008 photo thread.

Ok, I'm in. I need to get work done this week anyway.

And if it doesn't work, I still say bring back Delta to exterminate them. Only the worthy ones will survive that onslaught.

Also, Pilgrim, I'm not sure if that was directed at you specifically (see bluemambatard, etc.) but if it was, getting defensive about it is only going to egg it on.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Pilgrim, I've hated your fucking guts ever since you made that thread about Delta being a Nazi. That showed me all I'll ever need to know about you. You can cry and whine and bitch about your join date all you fucking want, it won't change the decision you made to align yourself with the forces of total jerkoff behavior from the first fucking moment I have any memory of you.

You've made your alliances, you gaping, flapping asshole--deal with the consequences and for once act like a man and stop fucking crying about no one liking you. Know the one thing nobody ever, ever likes? Douchebags who keep trying to convince people they should be liked.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Giggle.

Anyway, when dealing with people like sbessiso, I'm not sure that anyone's absence will cull the friendly idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

seconded
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Seconding Corinna you mean, or the thread purpose?