Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

just finished watching it.
    what a disappointing ending. i think its going to do more harm than good for later seasons.

Well, shit.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

It seemed they liked The Wire's ending so much they tried to apply the same sort of deal to a show that it obviously won't work well in
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Completely unexpected and i think next season is going to be great because instead of him fighting his demons he is going to be embracing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Way better than last season with Jimmy Smits.

Holy fuck. Did not see that coming. The sympathetic side of me really feels bad, but the "fan of the show" side of me is semi pleased. Good riddance
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

At what point did Trinity kill Rita and at what point did Dexter get Trinity's oil can or whatever caused him to break down? The end was crazy but I want to know the timeline.

Talk about feeling helpless. The first thing you'd wanna do is go out and kill who did this to your wife but you already did.

I agree, this season was much better than the last. I'm just not sure how single daddy Dexter is going to work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I was wondering the same thing. My only guess is that trinity was able to do that before he picked up the car from the shop, where Dexter was waiting to follow him. Otherwise, that's a pretty big oversight
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

I tried reading the 3rd book on my flight last night and got sad every time Rita was mentioned. I just kept picturing her dead in the bathtub. I'm sure most people couldn't stand her throughout the seasons but fuck! I'm still not over it. It's going to be awesome to see everyone's reaction to this (Deb and everyone at Dexter's work). Plus they think Trinity is still out there. I also wonder where the whole Laura Moser thing goes.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Banned

Dexter is amazing show I don't know where to put this, but i just saw on imdb they are doing a movie about a serial killer next year. Looks interesting:

FROM
    acclaimed Director
    OLIVER STONE

Academy Award Winner
    Jennifer Connolly
    Academy Award Winner
    TOM HANKS

Based on a True Story
    MEMOIRS
    OF A
    SERIAL KILLER

Summer. 2010.

Synopsis: Jennifer Connolly plays the roll of historical figure Elizabeth Bathory, who was a countess in Hungary. She is known for killing the most ever victims single handily in the world by torture and punishment. By herself, the countess is known to have killed well over 500 people

so, i know i'm totally late to this party but i just *now* watched the very first Dexter episode. i've succumbed and think i'll become hooked after the first season. it's nice to see michael hall again (loved him so much in 6' under).

anyway, i've got a lot of catching up to do. i'll try to restrain myself from posting about shit you guys have already discussed....can't promise though.

I watched the last episode last night, and all I have to say is... "What the fuck?"

Ok, I actually have some more to say. Anyone else notice the weird plot holes, and irregularities that led to Rita's death? For starters, she forgot her ID? Who the fuck takes just their driver's license out of their wallet/purse, and ends up forgetting when they are going on a trip? Second, when did Trinity have time to kill Rita? He didn't have car between the time that Dexter drugged him and when he picked up the car. Third, when did he have time to find Dexter's real address? Fourth, while Trinity said, "It's all over," when lying on Dexter's table, he never mentions killing Rita... Slightly odd. Fourth, they used the saturation during the final Trinity scene that is usually used when Dexter talks to Harry. And fifth, and possibly most important, why didn't Dexter get Rita's call/message earlier?
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 01-11-2010 at 10:09 AM.

1 I have done that before it happens

3 I thought he said he had already had it

the rest I'm not too sure about
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    3 I thought he said he had already had it
    Nope, remember... Trinity goes to Dexter's old apartment and find the bra, and the mail that says Deborah Morgan on it. They never show him finding the real address. Unfortunately, all my hoping that this is some how unresolved is moot:

'Dexter' boss answers more burning Qs (no, it wasn't a dream)

As my esteemed colleague Ken Tucker just pointed out, conspiracy theories are flying around fast and furious in the wake of last night’s mind-blowing Dexter season finale. [SPOILER ALERT] Could Rita be alive? And is it possible she died at the hands of Dexter and not Trinity? I got exec producer Clyde Phillips back on the horn for another round of burning questions…

Is Rita really dead?
    CLYDE PHILLIPS: Yes.

Is Trinity really dead?
    PHILLIPS: Yes. Cut up and drifting in the Gulf Stream.

Did Trinity kill Rita?
    PHILLIPS: Yes he did. That’s partly what he meant when he said: “It’s already over.”
    I'm still not happy with the ending though. I am not surprised it was a last minute decision, and the writers have no fucking clue what they are doing next:

'Dexter' finale postmortem: Find out why they [spoiler alert]!

Warning: Stop reading if you have yet to watch tonight’s killer Dexter season finale. Everyone else, see below for my exclusive postmortem with executive producer Clyde Phillips. Among the hot topics discussed: When (and why) was the decision made to whack Rita? Will she return as a ghost? What was the alternate cliff-hanging twist? And when the hell will Deb figure out the truth about Dex?

When was the decision made to kill off Rita?
    CLYDE PHILLIPS: I would say we made the decision pretty late in the season. We didn’t quite know what we were going to do [in the finale].

Why Rita?
    PHILLIPS: The story evolved and it kind of became inevitable. We knew that we had to do more than kill Trinity. It’s a little bit of a corner that we paint ourselves into. Last year we tried to avoid that and actually I think we didn’t do as well as we could have. We killed off Jimmy Smits’ character [in the 11th episode] of 12 episodes and then we had to figure out what we were going to do in the 12th episode. This season, we knew that we were going to take Trinity out in the 12th episode and we think that the audience knew that, too. We had to raise the bar to as high as possible and then figure out what to do next year.

How did Julie Benz take the news that she was leaving the show?
    PHILLIPS: She wasn’t happy. She loved being with us. We loved having her with us. She took it… professionally. She was greatly disappointed. She’s a professional. She works in television. She knew that this was a possibility.

Did Trinity tell Rita about Dexter before he killed her?
    PHILLIPS: I don’t know the answer to that question. We haven’t talked about next season. But [my gut says] I would think that he did not tell her.

Might she return as a ghost like Dex’s dad?
    PHILLIPS: The answer, at the moment, is no. However, had you asked me two years ago if Lundy was coming back I would’ve said no. We didn’t know he was coming back until this year. It just seemed expedient to the story — to Dexter’s story and to Deb’s story.

Some people thought the game-changing twist was going to involve Deb figuring out that Dexter is a serial killer. How much longer can you stretch out that story before you pay it off?
    PHILLIPS: We’ve bounced that around the [writers'] room. But once we do that… want to talk about game-changers? Once we do that, the game is changed in a way that we just don’t know how to anticipate just yet.

Will next season be about Dexter juggling serial killing and single fatherhood?
    PHILLIPS: He is a single father. But, beyond that, we don’t know. We don’t know if there’s going to be what we call “a Big Bad,” like Jimmy Smits and John Lithgow, or if it’s going to be more individual, stand-alone stories.

I understand you wrote two endings to throw people off. What was the other ending?
    PHILLIPS: While Dexter was packing to leave, he saw on the television that a child murderer had just escaped from prison. Either escaped or fallen thru the cracks. So he’s thinking, “Do I join Rita on vacation or do I…” and then he looks towards the camera and he has this big decision.

That would’ve been disappointing.
    PHILLIPS: [Laughs] Yeah. Compared to this? Are you kidding?
    I could have come with a better ending to the season than this. Killing Rita was a terrible idea.

Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Killing Rita was a terrible idea.
    i just watched the finale of season 4. i disagree with you swan. i found rita totally annoying and a constraint to dexter's character and am glad she's gone. i do understand that this was key to building the tension for the famly conflict that harry kept pointing out, but she just bugged.

however, as a fan of the show, i think they've painted themselves into a corner. they will likely have to confront the "end game" sooner than later now as there just is no way dexter can continue doing what he's doing with him now being responsible for the 3 kids. and the fact that deb made the moser connection. finally, bautista saw dexter with trinity in the precinct so how will that, and the fact that rita was a trinity victim (if that actually comes to light), be explained? (although, didn't they nail down trinity's real ID *after* the precinct incident? if so, why wouldn't bautista have had made that connection then?). i guess they could pawn off rita's death as a suicide. but, now there are two odd serial killer coincidences (ice truck and trinity) that are tied to dexter. it just seems to me that the cat's gotta fall out of the bag now, don't you think?

season 5 should be an interesting one!
    Last edited by GeezrRckr; 02-06-2010 at 09:04 AM.

I agree, season 5 is going to be very interesting to see where they go with this. I think at least 2 of the kids (Cody and Astor) are going to end up with Paul's parents. Still though, Dexter as a single dad should be interesting or it could end up being boring. I was very bored with Dexter as a husband and father but at least he was able to get out and be himself. I hadn't even thought about Bautista seeing Trinity with Dexter. Here Rita dies in the same manner in which Miami's biggest serial killer kills people - there is no way that connection won't be made. I think Deb and Captain Matthews are the main people who know that Dexter is related to Brian Moser. I think this is the last season for Dexter though.

old school

Yeah I am hoping this year Dexter's secret will be revealed to those around him. I thought it was gonna happen at the end of last season, but it didn't.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

I was hoping all season that rita was going get murder....Then when i realized she got murder i felt bad for her lol.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

I feel bad for her kids. First their dad dies in prison and now their mom is killed in a bathtub by a serial killer. All because of Dexter.

Fuck Rita, she should have died ages ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I feel bad for her kids. First their dad dies in prison and now their mom is killed in a bathtub by a serial killer. All because of Dexter.
    you're kidding, right. i'm with salah! oh the irony. ain't serial killing a byatch.

(i wonder if quinn is going to be the new doakes next season. that mook better not be the one to bust dexter. he's half the man/cop that doakes was)
    Last edited by GeezrRckr; 02-06-2010 at 03:59 PM.

I like how they ended it with that. Its always cool ending on a darker note. It would be cool if they ended the series with Dexter just saying fuck the rules and just fucking up anyone, good or bad.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    I like how they ended it with that. Its always cool ending on a darker note. It would be cool if they ended the series with Dexter just saying fuck the rules and just fucking up anyone, good or bad.
    Lulz.

It's bound to happen sooner or later; where Dexter breaks down on goes on a killing spree.

I've never been a fan of Rita's but her kids never bugged me. So no, I'm not kidding. It's a tv show so none of this is too serious but two kids who lose both parents by the age of what, 10? That's pretty fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    i just watched the finale of season 4. i disagree with you swan. i found rita totally annoying and a constraint to dexter's character and am glad she's gone. i do understand that this was key to building the tension for the famly conflict that harry kept pointing out, but she just bugged.
    You're overlooking a lot here. Rita has been an important part of developing Dexter's character. You say she bugged you, but you still liked the show. You enjoyed disliking her character. I said it was a terrible idea because of the way it done. They spent this whole season developing "Daddy Dexter" just to wipe it all clean at the end for no reason other than it would make for a sensational ending. They have no concept of where this is going to lead the story.

however, as a fan of the show, i think they've painted themselves into a corner. they will likely have to confront the "end game" sooner than later now as there just is no way dexter can continue doing what he's doing with him now being responsible for the 3 kids.
    He never officially adopted them, so they will most likely end up with the grandparents that showed up in the last episode, or Rita's mother.

and the fact that deb made the moser connection. finally, bautista saw dexter with trinity in the precinct so how will that,
    I'm pretty sure Batista didn't see Trinity's face.

and the fact that rita was a trinity victim (if that actually comes to light), be explained? (although, didn't they nail down trinity's real ID *after* the precinct incident? if so, why wouldn't bautista have had made that connection then?).

i guess they could pawn off rita's death as a suicide. but, now there are two odd serial killer coincidences (ice truck and trinity) that are tied to dexter. it just seems to me that the cat's gotta fall out of the bag now, don't you think?

season 5 should be an interesting one!
    But anything can happen when you have a writing team with no direction.
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 02-06-2010 at 10:07 PM.

you mean a writing team with money bags right mcGee TAH tah ta ta (They never taught me how to spell rich laughter in school)
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    anything can happen when you have a writing team with no direction.

see: Lost
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....