Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

I stopped watching a few seasons back. Did Dexter dispatch with the villain de jour and narrowly avoid detection this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I stopped watching a few seasons back. Did Dexter dispatch with the villain de jour and narrowly avoid detection this season?
    I see wear you are coming from but this season hardly fit ANY typical Dexter mold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Damn, I'm always last to join the thread each week since I watch it PVR'd, but man. This episode. The forensics haven't lined up for two seasons now. The writers are really sloppy with allowing Dex to get away with shit but Deb's bullet in Laguerta's chest will surely come back to haunt her, unless they think the viewers aren't paying attention AT ALL. That said, great season finale. Deb running over to Maria and hugging her tugged at my heart but in retrospect it was over the top. Laguerta was out to get her. When Deb and Dex returned to the party in the end sequence, it made me think of them as true partners, more than ever. I'm just pissed that next season is so far away. Sidebar - If Jamie and Quinn hook up at any point I may vomit, just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

When I get back from SS Coachella I am getting the whole season on my external hard drive.I am happy to read its a good season from some boardies
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Yeah, this season was solid and definitely saved me from writing off the show entirely. But, this season finale was just asking us to stretch much too far. So many fucking loose ends that were just far too convenient (like how could Deb be wearing the same goddamn dress after hugging up against LaGuerta's blood...and that's just one).

And, I do think Hannah will be back next year. Either as a fugitive partner (like she was before with that other murderer) or in some contrary context between Dexter and Deb (because "it's a new beginning" for those two now). I'm going to guess that one of those crazy lovesick girls will end up killing Dexter next year at the series finale. Whichever one he doesn't choose.

But, first off they had better do a really good fucking job cleaning up this LaGuerta nonsense...that was really sloppy.

Just finished the finale. My heart was racing during the last few minutes.

I think a great plot twist would involve Dexter killing Deb.

Also, I'm so goddamn happy that LaGuerta is dead. She was a raging, unlikable bitch. I wish the show followed the books in that she dies at the beginning of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

You've read the books? Are they good?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Spoilers if you didn't see the finale:

I'm glad the next season wont start with a trial. That would have become very tedious. However, I would love to see Hanna and Lumen return down the line next season. Perhaps if/when a trial does occur.

Well, I was certain Deb would kill someone in the finale but I was too distracted with the idea of it being Hanna that I didn't see LaGuerta coming.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Maybe Lumen will come to kill Hannah?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Not a fan of Lumen. Hannah is the only one that I'd like to see come back.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Honestly, I fucking hated Lumen. But that being said, it would make for an excellent WTF moment that no one saw coming. Except for me of course.

I liked Lumen at the time - but I would take Hannah over her any day. She's the only one that matches Dexter by way of her need to kill and truly understanding, if not encouraging him in his dark passenger activities. I didn't like how she bit his lip when they kissed goodbye at the jail, but I can't see it being over for her. Hannah, Dex and Harrison will probably escape to Argentina in the series finale, while Deb either gets killed or stays behind to cover Dex's tracks in Miami.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I liked Lumen at the time - but I would take Hannah over her any day. She's the only one that matches Dexter by way of her need to kill and truly understanding, if not encouraging him in his dark passenger activities. I didn't like how she bit his lip when they kissed goodbye at the jail, but I can't see it being over for her. Hannah, Dex and Harrison will probably escape to Argentina in the series finale, while Deb either gets killed or stays behind to cover Dex's tracks in Miami.
    True but Lumen also knows exactly who Dexter is and he can be with her without the threat of her killing him down the line. He fucked up his relationship with Hanna when he took Deb's side.

Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    True but Lumen also knows exactly who Dexter is and he can be with her without the threat of her killing him down the line. He fucked up his relationship with Hanna when he took Deb's side.
    That's true, but Dexter never loved Lumen. They hooked up, but his feelings for her weren't 100%. He's confessed that he's in love with Hannah. Lumen hasn't really entered his mind since she split.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    That's true, but Dexter never loved Lumen. They hooked up, but his feelings for her weren't 100%. He's confessed that he's in love with Hannah. Lumen hasn't really entered his mind since she split.
    They did bring her up this season when Deb remembered her living with Dexter. True he never loved her and fell for Hanna but who hasn't fallen in love with the wrong person only to realize how crazy they were later on? If Hanna goes after Deb I can see that love quickly turn to hate.

Upcoming shows
    Events

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    They did bring her up this season when Deb remembered her living with Dexter. True he never loved her and fell for Hanna but who hasn't fallen in love with the wrong person only to realize how crazy they were later on? If Hanna goes after Deb I can see that love quickly turn to hate.
    I would love to see a Deb/Hannah/Dexter showdown. He's already picked Deb over Hannah once, so you're right that Dex kind of screwed it up - and they did admit they can never fully trust each other even though they're in love. Still they have good chemistry and I did like them together. But now he's got Deb as his partner in crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    You've read the books? Are they good?
    I'm about halfway through the third book. They are really great books. They were helpful in getting my Dexter fix between season 6 and season 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Time Warner has another free premium channel weekend that started today (OnDemand included). So if you're like me and have TWC but not Showtime, free Dexter season 7 marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Spoiler, at the opening of season 7, Deb finally comes to the self realization that she is "the worst fucking detective ever."

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Spoiler, at the opening of season 7, Deb finally comes to the self realization that she is "the worst fucking detective ever."
    and spends the rest of the season becoming worse.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I just finish s07.e07 and everything is getting better as the story for season seven unfolds.I am really happy they killed Sal as soon as they did because I would be pissed if was dead.Quin is probably going die in this season....hopefully.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

I wish Quin had died the first season he showed up in.

Upcoming shows
    Events

That was...odd.
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I wish Quin had died the first season he showed up in.
    agreed

At least we got a little Amiee Garcia action last night but holy crap Jennifer Carpenter couldn't have had more clothes on in this episode...

Upcoming shows
    Events

Last night's episode seemed to take all of the Dexter stereotypes and cartoonishly exaggerate them. The scene where Dexter pulls over and yells at the guy for cutting him off was embarrassing to watch.

I do like the potential of this Evelyn thing though. It'll be fun to see where they go with that.

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

The bit where Dexter left Harrison unattended in the car really bothered me.

So...tell me why exactly a serial killer would leave a DVD with someone, clarifying something his pursuers were questioning?

I realize it's a quick way to further the plot, but give me a break.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Id say the professor is the serial killer and she is wiping out all the serial killers shes enforced the code on over her years, so if they ever got caught her name wouldn't be tied with them....but then how would she have killed that serial killer at the cabin and put him on that hook, so I guess not.

You guys think Debra is foreshadowing she will end up killing Dexter?
    Last edited by paulb; 07-08-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields