Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

I totally thought Deb did it. Hannah doesn't use things that are traceable and for the most part she uses plants. The anxiety medication showed up in Deb's system and in the water. If Hanna was trying to kill Deb she would know everything would be swept over and tested and wouldn't leave tainted water. Deb was desperate to get Dexter back on her side and against Hannah.

"I never make a mistake"

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    "I never make a mistake"
    This!
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    This still doesn't make any sense though. So you're saying Deb drugged her own water, and intentionally passed out behind the wheel of her own car, thus totalling the car? She could have easily died. No way.
    Remember when Dexter went to the auto shop to see the car? Deb should've broken more than a wrist the way the car looked (totaled). Also, the mechanic hinted that the damage could've been fatal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

With Deb planting the false Doakes evidence and Laguerta finding proof Doakes wasn't the Bay Harber Butcher, you think Deb will be facing Hanna in jail in the finale?

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Finally watched the episode last night. Not sure what I think of the Hannah/Deb showdown. Dexter is right that he can't afford to think about a real future with anyone, not with the type of life he lives. Especially now, being under a microscope, he can't afford to have someone else to worry about. While I appreciate that Dex's first loyalty is to Deb and her safety, and his selling Hannah out ensures that, if this culminates in any sort of romantic interaction between them I'll be really grossed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I don't think Hannah poisoned Deb... Maybe... I'm inclined to think that Deb put the pills in her own water, because she seems to be growing addicted to these pills (or desperate at making them work). But the scene with Dexter finding Hannah's hair in Deb's house... Hmm... I still don't believe that Hannah poisoned her, because how could she hope to get away with it? But if Deb set this up, she is fucking crazy.

Either way, I think it's good that Dexter probably will not end up with Hannah. In the end, she meets his code, and it seems like she doesn't always kill for sane reasons. I could imagine her poisoning Dexter for some nutcase reason one day.

Also, I'm so excited that the heat is turning on for Dexter. I want to see him on the run. No holding back!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I don't think Hannah poisoned Deb... Maybe... I'm inclined to think that Deb put the pills in her own water, because she seems to be growing addicted to these pills (or desperate at making them work). But the scene with Dexter finding Hannah's hair in Deb's house... Hmm... I still don't believe that Hannah poisoned her, because how could she hope to get away with it? But if Deb set this up, she is fucking crazy.

Either way, I think it's good that Dexter probably will not end up with Hannah. In the end, she meets his code, and it seems like she doesn't always kill for sane reasons. I could imagine her poisoning Dexter for some nutcase reason one day.

Also, I'm so excited that the heat is turning on for Dexter. I want to see him on the run. No holding back!
    I think one of the major points of this season is the pulling back of all of the dark passenger code bullshit. He neglects to kill Hannah for selfish reasons and he kills someone who most DEFINITELY do not fit his "code". This season the viewer and Dexter finally get the delusion pulled from their eyes, Dexter is just a twisted fucking killer, no redeeming "kill for the good of man kind" bullshit to hide behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

Pretty awesome finale.
    3/2 Sasha // Big Gigantic
    3/8 STS9, Cherub
    3/19 Eric Clapton
    3/21 EOTO, Govinda
    3/29 Eskmo
    4/4-4/6 Lotus @ Boulder Theater, CO
    4/8 Sigur Ros
    4/12 Gramatik
    4/15 Morrissey
    4/19 Umphrey's McGee // The M Machine
    4/20 Dirty Phonics
    5/2 Alk3
    5/10 Bonobo
    5/31 Lucky Date
    6/3 Postal Service
    6/13-6/16 Bonnaroo

FUCK deb.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Dexter season finales always give me anxiety, that last 5 minutes or so was intense.

Overall this was one of the better seasons of Dexter, not as good as 4 or 1, but worlds better than the previous season.

Can't wait for the showdown with Hannah next season. She's pretty much the only killer of all of them that's on Dexter's level.

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    FUCK deb.
    "FUCK, deb" as in a OMG reaction to what she just did? Or "FUCK Deb", as in you don't like what she just did. There's the 3rd alternative in that you just wanna bang her, she's attractive.

I'm also very very excited for the final season. I have no idea what to expect with Hannah, Deb, or what ultimately happens to Dexter in the series finale. Seems the 3 options for Dexter is on the run, killed, or incarcerated.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    Can't wait for the showdown with Hannah next season. She's pretty much the only killer of all of them that's on Dexter's level.
    I seriously doubt they bring her back, I think we've seen the last of her.

Great finale overall.
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I seriously doubt they bring her back, I think we've seen the last of her.
    Dude, they have to bring her back at this point. Leaving those flowers at his doorstep... Oh. She'll be back. And I'm glad to see LaGuerta ended up where she did. Fuck her.
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Dude, they have to bring her back at this point. Leaving those flowers at his doorstep... Oh. She'll be back. And I'm glad to see LaGuerta ended up where she did. Fuck her.
    Maybe I'm just *hoping* they don't. I like it when a new season picks up a year later, and people have new haircuts and shit and it feels like a fresh plot is going to unfold. But hey, if Hannah being back means that Deb and Dexter won't end up together romantically, bring it the fuck on.

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    "FUCK, deb" as in a OMG reaction to what she just did? Or "FUCK Deb", as in you don't like what she just did. There's the 3rd alternative in that you just wanna bang her, she's attractive.

I'm also very very excited for the final season. I have no idea what to expect with Hannah, Deb, or what ultimately happens to Dexter in the series finale. Seems the 3 options for Dexter is on the run, killed, or incarcerated.
    "Did you see a mutha fuckin comma there?" - Doakes
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Maybe I'm just *hoping* they don't. I like it when a new season picks up a year later, and people have new haircuts and shit and it feels like a fresh plot is going to unfold. But hey, if Hannah being back means that Deb and Dexter won't end up together romantically, bring it the fuck on.
    Agreed. I have the feeling we are gonna find Deb and Dex using the two in the container to put LaGuerta as the killer, obviously. But that will bring to question the GPS tacking that LaGuerta had a warrant for. Also have to think that Deb used her own gun to shoot LaGuerta, so there's some evidence to fuck them both. That and the DVD. I am interested to see Deb come to Dexters level, and maybe see them start teaming up, but that's a little much to hope for. She is almost to pure still. That and being there is only one season left... who knows?
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    "Did you see a mutha fuckin comma there?" - Doakes
    It's almost 1AM and I'm really tired but I read this and my brain heard it in Doakes' voice and I l'd out loud.

Because.

One question I have - with no evidence of murder nor a dead body how exactly did LaGuerta have enough to go on to arrest Dexter in the first place?

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

One question I have - with no evidence of murder nor a dead body how exactly did LaGuerta have enough to go on to arrest Dexter in the first place?
    Exactly what Masuka ended up disproving. She thought she had him caught with a shirt with fresh blood, his wallet, bags, etc., more than enough to warrant him being brought in for questioning. Of course she was premature in waiting back for the lab work results before arresting him, and instead found out he had an "alibi" with his plastic bags and of course her prints on the wallet.

The finale had a LOT of flashbacks/old footage of old Doakes episodes, and I thought it was going to culminate in some crazy storyline-altering epiphany by Dexter, but unless I missed something, it didn't. As a viewer it was still good to be reminded of the good ol days with Doakes, though.

Because.

Exactly what Masuka ended up disproving. She thought she had him caught with a shirt with fresh blood, his wallet, bags, etc., more than enough to warrant him being brought in for questioning. Of course she was premature in waiting back for the lab work results before arresting him, and instead found out he had an "alibi" with his plastic bags and of course her prints on the wallet.
    Ah, that's right. Thank you.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I wonder if Deb is going to become the captain now, and if she does become captain, will she be able to get rid of the evidence that LaGuerta was building? Or is somebody else going to become captain and find out what LaGuerta was on? Hmm...

The finale had a LOT of flashbacks/old footage of old Doakes episodes, and I thought it was going to culminate in some crazy storyline-altering epiphany by Dexter, but unless I missed something, it didn't. As a viewer it was still good to be reminded of the good ol days with Doakes, though.
    In a way, it did culminate into an epiphany of Dexter no longer seeing himself as a killer with a code, but as the way Doakes saw him: a creep motherfucker. If Dexter was a killer with a code, he'd have no justification for killing LaGuerta. A creep motherfucker, on the other hand, can kill anybody.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

He already admitted that he doesn't have a code anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Well, now he super admitted it. Or, he would've, but Deb decided to be a creep motherfucker instead.

I wonder if Deb is going to become the captain now, and if she does become captain, will she be able to get rid of the evidence that LaGuerta was building? Or is somebody else going to become captain and find out what LaGuerta was on? Hmm...

In a way, it did culminate into an epiphany of Dexter no longer seeing himself as a killer with a code, but as the way Doakes saw him: a creep motherfucker. If Dexter was a killer with a code, he'd have no justification for killing LaGuerta. A creep motherfucker, on the other hand, can kill anybody.
    Exactly. This season was essentially "The Fall of Dexter". It wasn't his fall in the sense that he was ultimately caught and punished for being the BHB, but it was the fall of his Superhero/dark passenger facade/code/etc., and the rise of, well, creep motherfucker.
    This is largely why this was my favorite season of Dexter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

I think this was my favorite season, after season 1, maybe... It's been a while since I watched season 1.

Deb decided to be a creep motherfucker instead.
    That ruined the season finale for me. She could have easily just backed out of the shipping container.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Yeah, it's not like LaGuerta had a gun on Dexter. In fact, the first thing I though after Deb fired the gun was, "You stupid bitch, are your bullets the same as the guy's bullets? Because Dexter needs to make it look like she was shot by the guy. You ruined the plan!"

I honestly hope Dexter ends up dying. This show doesn't need to end on a good note. In fact, I would have been fine with Deb killing him last night. Obviously they have to drag it out another season though. This ending was all too predictable. Anyone could have seen that coming like half way through the season.