Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

Yeah, seems like a win/win.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Fanboy probably kills her
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

It's good that Deb found out about Dexter but it really is a season too late. If the writers had any balls they would have done it last year when Deb would have had the natural path for her to learn about his dark passenger. Use the loss of Rita and torture of Lumen as a starting off point to gain sympathy. Then Deb could have spent this year learning the true depths of Dexter's psyche. Instead they make Deb fall in love with Dexter to let her accept he's a serial killer. Way to make the turning point of the whole series utter bullshit and completely unearned.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Oh my, Dexter.

Missouka Yoda was terribly funny.

Serial sister-fucking.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

LULZ. sigged.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

Season 7 promo... all we get from Deb is a "move away from the body" and a hard to read "Jesus, Dexter."

Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Showtime released a new teaser that provides lots of revealing never before seen footage of the new season!

Oh Showtime you silly bitch.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Two minute sneak peek into season 7, showed at Comic-Con over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

That's got to be a dream sequence. It's just too convenient on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    That's got to be a dream sequence. It's just too convenient on so many levels.
    You can only pull of the dream sequence thing in a limited capacity. And that already happened with the Deb/Dexter kiss scenario. If this was also the case with Deb finding Dexter out I'd be pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

It just seems like too much of a reveal.

And, we know that the writers have started to get lazy so doing another dream sequence wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think it's a dream sequence. I just think the writers aren't very good. Nonetheless, I'll be watching.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    If this was also the case with Deb finding Dexter out I'd be pissed.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I don't think it's a dream sequence. I just think the writers aren't very good. Nonetheless, I'll be watching.
    Same. There are only 2 seasons left so I am ready to see where it leaves off. I can't wait for this show to be over in actuality. I feel the same about Weeds. It's run it's course, now let's just finish it up and move on.

2 seasons left? Interesting. I thought this was going to be the last one. I wonder what they'll do.

considering the quality of showtime's programming has gone down the toilet, i'd say milk it for all it's worth is what they're going to do.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

2 seasons left? Interesting. I thought this was going to be the last one. I wonder what they'll do.
    Yeah it's ending after season 8.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    considering the quality of showtime's programming has gone down the toilet, i'd say milk it for all it's worth is what they're going to do.
    Man, I really like Homeland but I haven't delved into the rest of their programming beyond Weeds and Dexter. The other series' are really that bad?

they cancelled their best shows. weeds and dexter are in the toilet. homeland is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

So did ANYONE watch the Season Premier last night? I have it PVR'd, will watch later today but can't believe no comments so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Spoilers... Obviously:

I just watched it right now off my TiVo... It felt more hammy than usual, but maybe that's because of the time since last season. I'm ready for everything to fall apart for Dexter. I wouldn't want him to somehow convince Debra that he's a normal guy that "snapped," and I want this to be the beginning of either Dexter being caught or killed -- he should always be at risk from now on... I'd like to believe that is what they're doing, because Deb appears to know that Dexter is a serial killer, having very quickly put together a lot of strange pieces, and is really just looking for anything that can prove her wrong. If Dexter somehow convinces her that he isn't a serial killer, it means that Deb is a real bumbling idiot, and I would be very disappointed.

I was hoping that the beginning scene with Dexter rushing to the airport was a sort of far flash-forward, like they do in Breaking Bad now and then, and that this season would truly lead to Dexter being on the run. But I did enjoy what it ended up being. It was a fun kill and it made me realize that I had missed watching Dexter track down bad guys and put them on the table. Otherwise, I'm certainly intrigued by the angles going on: those Eastern European dudes, LaGuerta holding onto the blood slide, that sketchy guy who seems to know that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher, and the mess with Deb.

I am also in the camp that Dexter should have wrapped up seasons ago. The fact that there is yet another season after this one seems to *really* be pushing it.
    That being said, I really enjoyed the episode last night. And I don't know Alchemy, how the heck did you NOT get the impression that Dexter is going to be totally unable to convince Deb that he just "snapped". Did you completely miss the last 30 seconds of the episode?
    That was my favorite part, because everything was finally laid out (no pun intended) for the viewers that Deb is not going to be buying into his bullshit and Deb KNOWS just about everything now...it's about god damn fucking time.

Also, the "this season on Dexter" segment seemed to basically say that this season is going to be about Deb trying to stop Dexter from killing, forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    That being said, I really enjoyed the episode last night. And I don't know Alchemy, how the heck did you NOT get the impression that Dexter is going to be totally unable to convince Deb that he just "snapped". Did you completely miss the last 30 seconds of the episode?
    Well, the writers have been so insistent on dragging everything out, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kind of "false awakening" ploy to keep things going for two more seasons. For example, somehow spinning it as though this is Dexter's first incident, that Deb will think that all the recent trauma has triggered Dexter into being a murderer like Brian, et cetera... But after watching the preview for the rest of the season -- which I wish I had avoided -- it does look like Deb recognizes him as a serial killer.

Like I said though, I think she does already know he's a serial killer, and all her scenes with Dexter were just futile attempts to debunk that.

Well, the writers have been so insistent on dragging everything out, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kind of "false awakening" ploy to keep things going for two more seasons. For example, somehow spinning it as though this is Dexter's first incident, that Deb will think that all the recent trauma has triggered Dexter into being a murderer like Brian, et cetera... But after watching the preview for the rest of the season -- which I wish I had avoided -- it does look like Deb recognizes him as a serial killer.

Like I said though, I think she does already know he's a serial killer, and all her scenes with Dexter were just futile attempts to debunk that.
    Ok now you have ME confused...did you not see the last 30 seconds of the episode? Deb straight up asked Dexter "Did you kill all of these people", hell, I think she even asked him if he was a serial killer. and he fucking says "yes".
    How can the writers spin that to make Deb think this is his first kill?
    ...maybe you DIDNT see the last seconds of the show...?

Oh and I agree with you in that I wish they didn't show this whole "This season on Dexter" bullshit. Do they do that every season? This is, btw, my first time EVER watching Dexter as it airs.
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 10-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Ok now you have ME confused...did you not see the last 30 seconds of the episode? Deb straight up asked Dexter "Did you kill all of these people", hell, I think she even asked him if he was a serial killer. and he fucking says "yes".
    How can the writers spin that to make Deb think this is his first kill?
    ...maybe you DIDNT see the last seconds of the show...?

Oh and I agree with you in that I wish they didn't show this whole "This season on Dexter" bullshit. Do they do that every season? This is, btw, my first time EVER watching Dexter as it airs.
    Oh wait, now I know what you're talking about. I thought Dexter was just imagining that part because of a certain object that was in the scene, but after seeing the "This season on Dexter," I believe you're right, and that scene really happened.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

I was really hoping that this whole season would be Dexter FINALLY getting caught and then following him throughout that whole process. It would be so much more interesting. He should be arrested, put on trial, put in jail, and be given the death sentence at the end. That would be SO GOOD! But it doesn't sound like they're doing that? Still haven't watched the premiere.

Same here on both accounts. I started watching the series early this year, and finally caught up the other night just in time for the premiere.

As for those "next time on Dexter" previews...I turn it off or change the channel immediately when they come on. I don't want to be spoiled.

And I personally thought that the premiere was fantastic - easily one of the best episodes in the last couple of seasons. There are a lot of ways that the writers can take this and I'm anxious and hopeful to see where they go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    Same here on both accounts. I started watching the series early this year, and finally caught up the other night just in time for the premiere.

As for those "next time on Dexter" previews...I turn it off or change the channel immediately when they come on. I don't want to be spoiled.

And I personally thought that the premiere was fantastic - easily one of the best episodes in the last couple of seasons. There are a lot of ways that the writers can take this and I'm anxious and hopeful to see where they go.
    Yes, I was very much satisfied with the premiere.
    Oddly enough, I found last season to be one of the weakest (next to season 2...that fucking british woman...ugh). I thought I was going to be thrilled about Season 6 because of Edward James Olmos (side note, I had NO idea he was in that season, honestly. I found out he was in the season when he started talking on that boat in the swamp...same episode Deb said fraking fuck). I think I didn't like it as much because it just seemed most apparent that season that the writer's really needed to start wrapping this shit up.

That being said, hands down the best seasons of Dexter, personally, were 4 and 5. I LOVED those seasons.

wow they escalated the situation quickly. didn't see that all coming week one.

i retract my 'toilet' statement. i really liked the episode, and i've been waiting 5+ years to see how dexters goes down. pretty excited.

Yes, I was very much satisfied with the premiere.
    Oddly enough, I found last season to be one of the weakest (next to season 2...that fucking british woman...ugh).

That being said, hands down the best seasons of Dexter, personally, were 4 and 5. I LOVED those seasons.
    I agree that last season was definitely the weakest. It didn't really get going until the last two episodes.
    The best seasons in my opinion were three (Jimmy Smits) and four (John Lithgow).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex