Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED.

Spoilers-

Ok, so the intern is obviously related to dex, you guys got that one right. Travis bringing Harrison into the picture was totally unexpected and I think that rooftop scene they were showing might land up being the single most intense scene of an season. Either way, Dexter is fucked.

Continuing on with spoilers....
    Man, you have a vivid imagination. Tell us how the intern is related to Dexter? I didn't see anyone make that connection in here; perhaps I missed it (still am). More than not, the Ice Truck Killer hand stuff is a setup for next season.

But, shit...this season has really frustrated me. The whole Deborah being in love w/Dexter stuff is just bugging me to no end (although I think this was one of Carpenter's best, if not best, acting performances to date...esp the scene with the shrink). I just don't see any reason to it other than pure titillation. Seriously, their bond was already strong enough to set up the eventuality of her learning who her brother really is. If this track continues, and if they also write Dexter reciprocating, than you know these guys have just lost it.

Dunno. Potentially this is going to be a spectacular season ending, but boy...the cheeseball writing and excessive suspension of belief demanded from their audience is wearing thin.

The whole incest thing? What?!

That's one fucked up theRapist. "Hmm, your brother makes you feel safe..You love him. You want to taste the dim sum sauce off his sweet lips."

Dexter should have went to the ER, he wouldn't have been put into a boat filled with gasoline had he listened to the medic. Also, I don't get the "intern related to dexter" logic either.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 12-14-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Yeah, I also don't get the "intern is related to Dexter" logic. I think the intern may be obsessed with serial killers, however, and that maybe he knows, somehow, that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher. I wonder if the intern might be next season's killer? A copy cat killer? Maybe Batista's sister is murdered by Travis and that is what sets the intern into kill-mode.

Also, while I always appreciate some good incest, I don't know what it's doing in Dexter. I mean, it wouldn't really be incest... But for the entire show, Deb and Dexter have established a very clear and very strong sibling bond. There hasn't been anything to suggest that Deb is sexually attracted to Dexter, and there especially hasn't been anything to suggest that that would be why she's loopy sometimes. I would have bought the therapist suggesting that Deb was attracted to her father, but not to Dexter. I don't want to see this get developed, but it probably will be... since they brought it up...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Kinda strange writing with the intern. First he's shown as the goofy new smart guy, then the nice boyfriend who's scared of Batista, then a video game designer, now all of a sudden this?

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    ...the cheeseball writing and excessive suspension of belief demanded from their audience is wearing thin.
    Like I said (I'm getting really tired of the writing for Dexter's "dark passenger"...so trite now).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is put off by the incest theme. The season finale should be interesting (and, for me, will likely direct my interest beyond this season).

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

holy shit. i lol'd so hard at deb's dream. awesome. if one more show goes the incest route, my brain might explode.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

That dream scene made me so fucking uncomfortable, I really hope they put this to rest in the next episode.

dexter, bored to death, and i just got caught up on sons of anarchy. soo much sister fucking. i love it.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

That scene made me lurch. I could hardly watch it. So creepy. I dislike that therapist in a big way. And I'd love to shoot Laguerta in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

yeah, doc is definitely there to stir up trouble.

The incest angle is only slightly more ridiculous than Dexter magically removing his bonds prior to the dinghy exploding.
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/19 Beck @ the Masonic (?)
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore (?)
    9/26 Modest Mouse @ the Masonic (?)
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

I thought that maybe the psychiatrist's role - to fuck stuff up - would be that she would fall in love with Dexter, because all the stuff that Deb would tell her about Dexter. And that Dexter would be down for a relationship with her, but Deb would be angry about it, because it would seem like the psychiatrist used her. And she wouldn't be crazy or anything like that, but she would diagnose Dexter's sociopathic personality as they were dating, and maybe she'd grow suspicions about him being a serial killer - or at least some kind of creepy thing.

But I guess she's there to promote incest.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

i thought she was getting suspicious about dex when deb mentioned his mother's murder. she has to know what that could lead to.

I've been waiting for this moment. Ugh. I can't believe I have to wait more for this noise. Next season is totally going to be a Bay Harbor Butcher season. I wonder if it will also be the final season. I heard that Dexter wasn't doing so well anymore, ratings-wise.

I don't really know what to think about this season. It was never outstanding, yet I found it enjoyable. The religiosity did not turn Dexter into anything new, so in that way, it was disappointing. I guess that's the problem with Dexter: They bring up these big things, which in the end, have no real consequence... Except for the very last thing that happened... But they could have reached that point without having Deb falling in love with Dexter. Instead of focusing so much on Dexter's grapple with religion, they could have focused more on Deb's role to him - so as to lead full on into this ending. They did a pretty good job of focusing on Dexter's role to Deb, sans incest, but not the other way around so much. Whatever though. I think the next season might really kick ass. Deb vs Dexter. The ultimate showdown.

Well, it's about fucking time.

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way as you Alchemy. My biggest nit with this season was the writing. It's lost much of its dark, cleverness and just become more cheesy and forced. Maybe it has always been this way and I'm just now noticing it, but I don't think so.

I think it will be the final season, for sure. Especially after tonite's ending, c'mon.

I think the man dexter dumped in the stylo Is going to stir up trouble next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'm fairly sure they're available to roll out of bed, smoke cigarettes, and throw cats in a blender.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydr1 View Post
    Magic cured aids

spoilers*

i'm glad deb caught him, it needed to happen now rather than later.
    i hate how it happened though
    what fucking business did Deb have at that church? she just happened to walk in late at night while dex was there?
    and Dexter didn't take any precautions for that not to happen?
    fucking stupid.

also...it's not really incest you guyz Dex was adopted lol. i hope they drop that "i'm in love with dex" bullshit next season though

they actually have 2 more seasons coming. (at least per the article on AV Club)

other than that, WHAT. THE. FUCK. Incest? Debs in fucking LOVE with him? and the ending . . . that was something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tacos View Post
    I think the man dexter dumped in the stylo Is going to stir up trouble next season.
    as in Deb picking up on it? yeah. possibly.
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    spoilers*

i'm glad deb caught him, it needed to happen now rather than later.
    i hate how it happened though
    what fucking business did Deb have at that church? she just happened to walk in late at night while dex was there?
    and Dexter didn't take any precautions for that not to happen?
    fucking stupid.

also...it's not really incest you guyz Dex was adopted lol. i hope they drop that "i'm in love with dex" bullshit next season though
    She sent him there to finish up the crime scene so it could be closed and she went there to talk to him about her feelings for him, or just to talk to him in general. If you didn't catch that in the episode then idk what else you were paying attention to. He assumed he would have the church to himself and should have chosen a different kill room.

However, I think the whole "in love with dexter" bit is stupid too.
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

Quote Originally Posted by SONR801 View Post
    She sent him there to finish up the crime scene so it could be closed and she went there to talk to him about her feelings for him, or just to talk to him in general. If you didn't catch that in the episode then idk what else you were paying attention to. He assumed he would have the church to himself and should have chosen a different kill room.

However, I think the whole "in love with dexter" bit is stupid too.
    All of this. I knew she was going to catch him after she talked to the shrink. Dexter has never killed somone where someone else told him to be, and he shouldn't have then.

Yup. Dexter is mostly very careful, but he's also always appreciated theatrics too. He probably knew that he was making a big sacrifice to his safety by making that kill, but he thought it'd be worth the satisfaction of killing Travis in his church. Wrong!

my big question is wether or not Debs gonna start tracking Dex or try to understand what hes doing. as far as the whole "deb in love with dexter" thing, that was just weird and dumb. lets hope that gets dropped real quick.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    dexter, bored to death, and i just got caught up on sons of anarchy. soo much sister fucking. i love it.
    Add to that the Carver seson of Nip Tuck a few years back, the last episode was when we learned of the twisted season ending, incestuous twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    my big question is wether or not Debs gonna start tracking Dex or try to understand what hes doing. as far as the whole "deb in love with dexter" thing, that was just weird and dumb. lets hope that gets dropped real quick.
    I think the "Deb in love with Dex" thing will be dropped due to her finding about him being a killer, I don't think she wants to go down the same path she did with his brother. She had a really hard time dealing with that after she discovered who he was and things are already complicated without bringing up her crush on him. The ITK hand left in Dexter's house also intrigues me a bit, it was so suttle but I could see it causing some issues in the following season.

yeah. i wanna see how they're gonna work the intern "fanboy" angle.

I'm very intrigued about what the intern's motives are. I don't think he's trying to blackmail, Dexter, because he drew those things on the hand. And him drawing stuff on the hand seems to me that he might be more than just a fan of Dexter's. If he was just obsessed with Dexter, why would he do that to such an important Dexter relic? It also doesn't seem that the intern is a serial killer - and I hope he isn't trying to get Dexter to train him to be one, because we've had enough of that. He seems to be making a puzzle, or game, for Dexter to play. I think it would be interesting if the intern was testing Dexter not with consequences that would take lives, but in the consequence of whether the intern would expose Dexter or not to the world.

i have a feeling the only reason that intern boy is dating the baby sitter besides a good lay is also to get closer to dexter, but thats probably already obvious.