Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

Does anyone else read the books? I'm a couple behind but was reminded of them this morning because Jeff Lindsay posted a yt ad for the newest book in the series, Double Dexter. I think I'm going to pick up the ones I haven't read and get caught up with those - or maybe I will wait until this season is over so I can concentrate on one Dexter plot at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

This has been one of the better seasons so far, other than the whole Harry (Dead Dad) advice thing. It was good with the occasional bits when Dexter was seeking some guidance, but now Harry just reasons the "conventional thinking" and then Dexter denies it right away and we could have saved another minute of the episode from some more of Colin Hanks. The tooth fairy was a great hunt this last episode. Seems like no Lumens or Miguels for this season. Good thing.

Also: (Possible Spoiler)

Beware of horses inside of a church.

Colin was kind of insane this ep. I had to forcefully suspend my desire to guffaw at his performance.

I love all the shit going down in the office, especially the asshole new recruit. That was such a good scene. Deb's the man.

And I'm getting fed up with this horrible audio dubbing for Harrison. The voice is way too aware for that actor's facial expressions. I'm really glad they kept him on because he's freaking adorable, but he better hurry up and learn how to talk already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

I've really enjoyed this season so far and Sunday's episode was my favorite so far. I love that they brought back the whole Deb/Laguerta conflict. It hasn't been this good since season 1. I love how bitchy Laguerta is to Deb and how Deb stands up for herself. Deb is awesome. My boyfriend hates her character/dislikes the actress, so this hasn't been his favorite season so far since it's very Deb-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

I have the last 2 episodes PVR'd and I have to find time to sit and watch them this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I wonder if Edward James Olmos regrets picking such a whiny little bitch for an assistant.

This season has been so good compared to the last one. I like that they're crediting Mos Def in the beginning now, he's been awesome.

Also, seriously, Travis? You're gonna go flirt with a waitress at a restaurant who probably told her coworkers about going on a date with you that night (in a public place, no less) and then kill her the same night? They're really not gonna tie that back to you, buddy?

Last edited by tessalasset; 10-24-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Yes, Mos was particularly good tonight. I love that he turned out to be such a good actor.

Mos is truly impressing me. I like his character but I don't fully trust him. I'm wondering when we'll see the big plot twist that involves him in something sick and crazy. I love the Laguerta is getting what's coming to her. She's screwed over way too many people. And I felt SOOO bad for Masuka after he busted Ryan with selling the evidence, but I was glad he gave her the boot. She's bad news!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Also, seriously, Travis? You're gonna go flirt with a waitress at a restaurant who probably told her coworkers about going on a date with you that night (in a public place, no less) and then kill her the same night? They're really not gonna tie that back to you, buddy?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The only rationale that I can consider for that was that Olmos and Hanks don't care if they are caught, or are actually expecting to get caught.

Good call Tessa, the Doomsday Duo better step up their game, or the Police will get them before Dexter does.

I also agree that the writers have something special in store for us with Mos Defs character.

I was surprised that Ryan was selling evidence rather than just collecting it for her own personal gallery.
    Last edited by fikus222; 10-25-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Debra rocks a dress pretty good. I thought perhaps Mos had something to do w/ Harrison getting sick to get closer to Dexter.

Felt sorry for Matsuka, it would have been cool to see him with a hot but cool girl.

I also don't think that Olmos/Hanks really care about getting caught. I think they believe what they are doing is not a crime (at least Olmos does).

I am so impressed with the display of the gory/beautiful death scenes this season.
    Always wear a helmut

Wow. This season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Yeah I know it's a good season when I think about it when I'm not watching it. This is really getting up there. I love all of the story lines so far.

It just now occurred to me that the professor that Quinn slept with is fucking Lorena from True Blood.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1674570/

also i cant wait to browse this:

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dexter/index.shtml

Yeah, Mos has always been a solid actor, imo.

This season isn't resonating with me as it seems to be with the rest of you. And, now that Colin is such a pussy, the story line is even worse. My biggest grip is that they already know that Olmos' character is the killer so why hasn't he been caught?! He was out in South Beach, for fux sake.

I just want to see another Dexter kill already. I've got blue balls over here.

I mean it's still circumstantial. Dexter is the only one who has concrete evidence (Travis's bible) and he has to keep that to himself.

I was thinking it could get interesting with Dexter eventually talking Travis off the ledge, back to the light, and then Olmos using Travis as his final kill in retribution.

Um, his photo was on the front page of the local newspaper, remember. It's out now.

Am I the only one who thinks the Professor isn't actually involved and Travis is just imagining him and working from his notes? Maybe Travis Killed the Professor?

Hmm... That is totally possible. It doesn't seem that anyone has seen the Professor lately, except for Travis. And Dexter just barely missed seeing him. Also, Travis is very artistic, so his sister says, and it seems like the "Professor" is doing all the artistic stuff. By golly, I think you're correct! That would also explain why nobody has caught or interacted with the Professor, even though he appears in all these public places (despite his face being on the papers).

I also want to say that this recent episode was the best episode of Dexter in a while, in my opinion. The ending was extremely exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by AAM!!! View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the Professor isn't actually involved and Travis is just imagining him and working from his notes? Maybe Travis Killed the Professor?
    Whoa.

Spoilers, ect.

If you notice in the Diner scene with the waitress they kill and at the bar when they are looking for the "whore of babylon", there wasn't anything in front of Geller (no plate/silverware/drink/ect). And as said before, no one but Travis is ever seen interacting with him. Makes me think he is in Travis's head similar to the way Harry is for Dexter. I think Geller represents Travis's own "dark passenger". I just really see a lot of similarities between Geller/Travis and Dexter/Harry (or probably more Dexter/Brian from what the new episode setup).
    Last edited by darkmoon66; 11-07-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Fuck I really wanna read that but I also really don't wanna. How spoilery is it, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Fuck I really wanna read that but I also really don't wanna. How spoilery is it, exactly?
    If you have seen the latest episode there isn't any spoilers (other than if my guesses are correct)

Oh, you're right. I'm gonna have to go back and watch that dinner ep now. This theory kicks it up to a whole new level.

Ha that is a very good theory!

spoilers from latest ep:
    I just watched the newest episode last night and really loved the ending. Brian's reappearance was surprising but also makes sense since their struggle was always about Harry's code and here Dexter just said fuck the code and went with his raw emotions/instincts. It will be interesting to see how he covers this murder up. Another thing to go on this theory - Dexter was following Travis in the market and had to stop following right before Travis met up with Gellar. The way it's set up just makes you think, oh shitty timing, but could really fit/make sense that he doesn't even exist anymore and why I was like "how is this guy just walking around the market with his picture in the paper"? Makes me want to watch some episodes again and focus more on Gellar (how the police present him, photos of him, his interaction with others - well Travis, and when they kidnap and kill women).
    Last edited by unknown; 11-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Good theory AAM!! and nice catch Darkmoon66. This all sounds very plausibe.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Damn it... I bet this is another mystery solved by the Coachella Board. And I didn't even realize there was a mystery. I should have never stepped in here!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Thanks! When they were at the diner I noticed the waitress didn't acknowledge the professor and then realized that in one of the episodes Travis and the Professor were wearing the same outfit. But what sealed the deal were the paintings in the last episode that were in the same style as the ones Travis repairs at the Museum.

Spoilers?
    Woah, bringing back Trinity's son was very unexpected, and should prove to be very interesting, and bringing back Brian will be insane. And now that Sam is dead, I think he'll be back to guide Dex in later episodes like Harry and Brian.