Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

Anyone know a good place to read episode recaps that explain what happened rather than provide analysis that only makes sense if you've already seen the episode? I have decided to quit watching until the last episode but would like to read recaps of the episodes until then.

Reservoir Dogs style ending brewing

Halfway through and this season blows hard Here's hoping Hanna changes things although she is coming in pretty late in the game.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

She helped this week's ep quite a bit but it's really sad to think there are only 5 episodes left and it is going this slowly :-(

Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I wish it would just end already. This season is so bad. We've come a long way from Season 4 which was really great.

One of the reasons I was so excited for this season was because I thought the heat from last season was going to spill over into this season. There is no heat. Dexter was cleared from the first episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

All I keep asking myself, and want to ask the producers and writers is What the hell is this shit? Season 8 is laughably BORING!

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    All I keep asking myself, and want to ask the producers and writers is What the hell is this shit? Season 8 is laughably BORING!
    Yeah. I'm sure things will take a drastic turn (plot-wise), but up until now, there is nothing "final season"y in this at all. In other words, nothing intense/troubling/worrysome/EXCITING is happening to warrant this being a final season.

this season harkens back to the atrocious Lumen season, which pretty much killed Dexter for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    "I'm a thief and a shitkicker, and I wanna be famous."
    - D. Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    this season harkens back to the atrocious Lumen season, which pretty much killed Dexter for me.

Upcoming shows
    Events

^ lulz
    - D. Davenport

Julia Stiles was waiting in line behind me at Burke Williams about a year ago. It took everything in me not turn around and punch her in the snout.
    - D. Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    Julia Stiles was waiting in line behind me at Burke Williams about a year ago. It took everything in me not turn around and punch her in the snout.
    That's strange, I don't recall her being one of the head writers that season. You know, the kind of position on the show that would actually warrant such a snout punch if there was one.
    10/22 - TV on the Radio - Fonda
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)
    11/08 - Seu Jorge - Luckman (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

i'd like to punch julia stiles in the face in hopes of her face somehow becoming less hideous.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

That's strange, I don't recall her being one of the head writers that season. You know, the kind of position on the show that would actually warrant such a snout punch if there was one.
    Didn't you know she wrote her own dialogue? Plus, her suck acting killed scene after scene after scene ...

She's damned lucky she didn't at the very least get a titty punch.
    - D. Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i'd like to punch julia stiles in the face in hopes of her face somehow becoming less hideous.
    and this.
    - D. Davenport

This season totally blows. I've missed the last episode and tonight's is coming up and I don't even give a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Finally looked like Hanna was gunna show the goods and all we got was Dexter's ass

Upcoming shows
    Events

So here is what I speculate:
    Dr. V is also a psychopath (she shows no remorse for essentially encouraging and condoning the murdering of people by her patients), and she also had a son who is a psychopath. There was some sort of falling out with her and her son (maybe he killed his dad, don't know) and she was unable to help him, so she has spent the rest of her life trying to figure out how turn psychopaths into their "perfect" selves.

Her son is the Brain Surgeon killer. He goes after all of the patients his mother treated, out of jealousy or some shit, and taunts his mother by removing that part of their brain.

Her son is the late Cassie's boyfriend, the Ryan Gosling wanna-be character that swooped in on Dexter. He saw Dex and Dr. V getting close, so he started dating Dexter's neighbor to get close to Dexter's life. He also saw how close Zack and Dr. V were getting, so he gets jealous or whatever and tries to set him up for the murder of Cassie (using his blood etc.)...and eventually killing him to knock off another one of his mother's "sons".

Stretch?

hmm not bad. The Ryan Gosling wannabe was exactly what I thought when I saw him

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Dr. V is also a psychopath (she shows no remorse for essentially encouraging and condoning the murdering of people by her patients), and she also had a son who is a psychopath. There was some sort of falling out with her and her son (maybe he killed his dad, don't know) and she was unable to help him, so she has spent the rest of her life trying to figure out how turn psychopaths into their "perfect" selves.

Her son is the Brain Surgeon killer. He goes after all of the patients his mother treated, out of jealousy or some shit, and taunts his mother by removing that part of their brain.

Her son is the late Cassie's boyfriend, the Ryan Gosling wanna-be character that swooped in on Dexter. He saw Dex and Dr. V getting close, so he started dating Dexter's neighbor to get close to Dexter's life. He also saw how close Zack and Dr. V were getting, so he gets jealous or whatever and tries to set him up for the murder of Cassie (using his blood etc.)...and eventually killing him to knock off another one of his mother's "sons".

Stretch?
    Hahahaha, I would not be surprised at all if you're exactly right. Good job, man. I feel like I just watched that part of Old School where Ferrell goes into that trance while debating James Carville and rattles off all this amazing shit. "That's how you do it! That's how you predict the end of Dexter!"

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Finally looked like Hanna was gunna show the goods and all we got was Dexter's ass
    best part of the episode

Stretch?
    Daniel Vogel is impressed.

But really, that's some seriously impressive prognosticating, Dogvolta. I tip my hat to you.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

But really, that's some seriously impressive prognosticating, Dogvolta. I tip my hat to you.
    I was pretty thrilled to see all of that unfold, I've never called a twist before.

I still got to say though, this season is pretty underwhelming...Also, what the heck did they do to make Daniel V appear so much more menacing now? Other than revealing he's a brain hacking killer.

This is easily one of the worst seasons of TV I've seen in years

Upcoming shows
    Events

Also, what the heck did they do to make Daniel V appear so much more menacing now? Other than revealing he's a brain hacking killer.
    Yeah. I don't remember him being so wide-eyed and psychotic looking. I'm looking back at old shots of past episodes though, and I think it's just that we weren't paying really close attention to him. He's always kinda looked like that.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    This is easily one of the worst seasons of TV I've seen in years
    Worse than those awful shows you watch like 90210 and Hawaii Five-0?

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I was pretty thrilled to see all of that unfold, I've never called a twist before.

I still got to say though, this season is pretty underwhelming...Also, what the heck did they do to make Daniel V appear so much more menacing now? Other than revealing he's a brain hacking killer.
    Well played DV. (I haven't watched the episode yet but have stopped giving a shit about spoilers in this thread). When I read your theory I thought it made perfect sense. But even this plot twist doesn't make this awful last season any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Upcoming shows
    Events

Worse than those awful shows you watch like 90210 and Hawaii Five-0?
    90210 is a superficial teen drama that I watched because it was a guilty pleasure. Hawaii Five-O is a procedural, usually just the kind of show that I hate but I have fun with this one, and should not be compared in the same class as a serial like Dexter or Breaking Bad.

Besides all that, yes, this is worse than most seasons of either of those shows.

Upcoming shows
    Events