Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I do find it amusing though that this fire dude is basically doing the same thing Dexter does. Sets someone on fire and then shows up the next day to "investigate" the crime scene. He looks pretty fucking creepy too.
    I like how the plot can introduce a new storyline/series of crimes in the midst of wrapping up the current one. Always keeps things fresh even if some plot lines are better than others. I'm not convinced the fire investigator is setting the fires though.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I also think that the fire investigator might be a red herring.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I think we'll know after the next episode whether or not he's a red herring or the real deal.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

But he is so creepy. just look at his body language. he's got to be the real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

As long as they stick the landing on these next 3 episodes this is pretty easily my favorite season of Dexter and possibly my favorite season of 2012.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Yeah, but his creepiness almost seems forced. Look at the burnt car scene, the writers made it a point to make every single homicide investigator that peered into the car was suddenly frightened by the sudden popping-out-of-nowhere by the arson investigator. To me that seemed forced, like "hey viewers take notice on how creepy this guy is and how he frightens people"

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Yeah, but his creepiness almost seems forced. Look at the burnt car scene, the writers made it a point to make every single homicide investigator that peered into the car was suddenly frightened by the sudden popping-out-of-nowhere by the arson investigator. To me that seemed forced, like "hey viewers take notice on how creepy this guy is and how he frightens people"
    Yeah, but that is easily chalked off as the "quirkiness" of the show. Dexter has always had that undeniable underlying quirkiness from the very beginning.
    That being said, I can see how viewers have a problem with this fire guy. The writers need to handle this new factor real carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Cat's just about out of the bag!

Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

At first I was confused and slightly disappointed by Dexter killing the father immediately after his great epiphany during the fire phantom scene. And then it made sense and I was very satisfied. The whole episode was a great example of the cat being out of the bag on two levels. 1. The higher ups are finally considering Dexter as the butcher and 2. Dexter's grand delusion about himself/the dark passenger have finally melted away. Not only have they melted away, but Dexter and the viewer finally got to see just how delusional Dexter has always been.
    At the start of the episode Dexter describes how people call killers monsters/aliens to help deal with the reality of the situation (he, and the viewers, have been doing the exact same thing all series long, dark passenger bullshit), when the odd-job fire marshal is describing the potential suspect, he describes Dexter to a T, but Dexter only says "he just described himself"...only to be way fucking wrong.

So it is awesome to see the veil pulled from Dexter's eyes, to the point where he even stops the murder as the knife is inches from the chest. BUT THEN we see just how hopeless/fucked up Dexter has become, immediately after all of this self-knowledge Dexter goes and kills a man outside of his "code" for purely selfish reasons...selfish reasons to protect a woman who PERFECTLY fits his code.

Dexter's sweet facade is being stripped away, finally.

After last night's episode my appreciation for this series went through the roof.
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 12-03-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Arggghh! So glad I didn't come into the thread till after I watched it. Fucking Deb! I love how Dex is now better understanding himself. Laguerta is Toooo close for comfort, and now Deb's loyalty to Dex is totally out the window. I love that Dex is accepting and taking responsibility, the dark passenger is a myth! Maybe this means his Dad will make fewer appearances (yes). As for Quinn and Nadia, they can fuck off. So tired of his cheekbones.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

YEAH FUCK HIS CHEEKBONES!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Doakes will finally get avenged

I dunno why, but I'm not convinced Hannah spiked Deb's water. I think Deb did it to herself in order for shit to go down the way it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    I dunno why, but I'm not convinced Hannah spiked Deb's water. I think Deb did it to herself in order for shit to go down the way it did.
    I would kinda sorta be with you if Dexter hadn't found that hair of Hannah's in Deb's bathroom. That's the dead giveaway.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I would kinda sorta be with you if Dexter hadn't found that hair of Hannah's in Deb's bathroom. That's the dead giveaway.
    Deb knows Dexter. She could have easily planted it there for him.

Also, what was the deal with Deb being at Laguerta's house....?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Also, what was the deal with Deb being at Laguerta's house....?
    She was planting the keys to the "boat" that LaGuerta and Matthews found when they were digging through stuff in her garage the next day.

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I almost always make sure that when I finish the latest episode and the credits roll I immediately stop watching because I don't like watching the previews for the next episode. I've always thought that the previews were too spoilerly. Against my better judgement I caved and watched the previews for the finale just now and I seriously regret it.

I'm specifically referring to this:
    SPOILERS
    Laguerta going up to Dexter and saying "Dexter Morgan, you're under arrest"
    END SPOILERS

I really hope that was a dream sequence... or at least something very misleading and was for something else. This can't be happening already. One more season to go.

Because.

Yes, that preview portion was BULLSHIT. As I said earlier, this is my first time watching the season as it develops (as opposed to dvd), but I just can't help myself to watch the previews. So I guess it is my fault, I chose to watch it fully knowing they toss in spoilers.
    I am pretty fucking sure Deb spiked her own water.
    1: She admitted to being hell bent on getting rid of Hannah to protect Dexter
    2: Debra LIED about how many pills she was taking. She said "one a day" or something like that, but when she was sitting outside of LeGuerta's house she down a few, it seemed at least. I vaguely remember her shaking a few into her hand and popping them.
    3: We never got confirmation that the hair was indeed from Hannah, but even if it was...too easy to get it from Dexter's place and put it in her own bathroom.

And last but now least:
    THANK GOD Nadia left Quinn's ass, that whole side story ended exactly when it needed to.

I thought it was kind of weird Dexter was like oh you did it just because the water had the pills in it. I guess perhaps the hair found in the bathroom was Hannah's even though the show didn't mention it.

Edit: LaGuerta was brilliant in pushing for parole and trying to trap Dexter? I mean that's crazy smart. I used to hate her character but grudgingly respecting her now. Only means that she's probably going to end up on Dexter's table.
    Last edited by mmsk123; 12-10-2012 at 08:15 AM.

I highly doubt the preview was much of a spoiler. They probably showed us footage from the first 20 minutes of the finale.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I liked Hannah McKay

I really hope that was a dream sequence... or at least something very misleading and was for something else. This can't be happening already. One more season to go.
    Showtime is bullshit with stuff like that. I was in the middle of the last season watching On Demand, and an advertisement after one episode literally showed the last scene of the season, with Dexter putting the knife into Travis, turning and seeing Deb and saying "oh shit" or whatever. I had a feeling that was where the season was heading anyway, but I couldn't believe the network did that shit.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I highly doubt the preview was much of a spoiler. They probably showed us footage from the first 20 minutes of the finale.
    Did you watch the actual preview we're talking about? If that happens in the first 20 minutes in the finale... well... yeah you didn't actually watch the preview.

And regarding the Deb spiking her own water thing... this show is all about evidence and DNA and confirming undeniable proof. Dexter had a blonde hair, but neither he nor anyone on the show did a DNA analysis to even confirm that it was her hair. This show is normally extremely thorough with stuff like this, so the fact that the hair was not confirmed hers is even more support for the fact that Hannah may have not done the deed after all. After all, Deb chillingly told Deb that "she will do anything to protect her brother"
    Last edited by ManImCool; 12-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Because.

Did you watch the actual preview we're talking about? If that happens in the first 20 minutes in the finale... well... yeah you didn't actually watch the preview.
    I did. I agree that it is either a dream sequence or Laguerta's next move after seeing Dexter's killroom. She has finally seen with her own eyes proof that Dokes was framed, do you expect her to let Dexter just return to work after that?

Upcoming shows
    Events

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I did. I agree that it is either a dream sequence or Laguerta's next move after seeing Dexter's killroom. She has finally seen with her own eyes proof that Dokes was framed, do you expect her to let Dexter just return to work after that?
    Well that's what I'm hoping too.

Because.

Now if they showed Deb and Dex getting intimate...that would be a shocking thing to spoil in the preview.

Upcoming shows
    Events

Either way I'm not watching previews anymore. For real this time.

Because.

Either way I'm not watching previews anymore. For real this time.
    haha This is how I felt with the Battlestar Galactica opening credits when I first watched it through (each episode's intro has a flash of a bunch of scenes that come up later in the episode). Upon rewatch however I realized that they never spoiled anything big in those opening sequences.

Upcoming shows
    Events

And regarding the Deb spiking her own water thing... this show is all about evidence and DNA and confirming undeniable proof. Dexter had a blonde hair, but neither he nor anyone on the show did a DNA analysis to even confirm that it was her hair. This show is normally extremely thorough with stuff like this, so the fact that the hair was not confirmed hers is even more support for the fact that Hannah may have not done the deed after all. After all, Deb chillingly told Deb that "she will do anything to protect her brother"
    This still doesn't make any sense though. So you're saying Deb drugged her own water, and intentionally passed out behind the wheel of her own car, thus totalling the car? She could have easily died. No way.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    This still doesn't make any sense though. So you're saying Deb drugged her own water, and intentionally passed out behind the wheel of her own car, thus totalling the car? She could have easily died. No way.
    I definitely didn't think that at all watching the show, but after coming on here and seeing it suggested, I'd say it's plausible. She did say she only took one pill and she was popping that shit by the handful all episode. Of course if that was her plan, she couldn't have expected that Dexter would've provided evidence to arrest her (she wasn't even aware that pen existed) and yeah there's the whole she coulda died thing to make it an extremely risky gamble, but, still...

Because.