Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter!

Default Re: Dexter!

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    I agree that last season was definitely the weakest. It didn't really get going until the last two episodes.
    The best seasons in my opinion were three (Jimmy Smits) and four (John Lithgow).
    3 was my least favorite.

I'd go something like 2>4>1>5>6>3

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

wow really? Miguel Prado was the MAN!

I'll go 3>4>1>5>2>6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

3>4>1>2>6>5, Julia Stiles season sucked. I almost gave up on the show that season.

Season 4 with John Lithgow made me forget how bad season 3 was with Jimmy Smits.
    I couldn't watch again after season 5. I only saw the last 5 minutes of season 6, it kinda made me wish I had seen it all.

Surprised to see you both found it to be the best season. I marathoned the first 4 seasons to catch up for the premier of S5 so maybe that has something to do with it. I know that Doakes was my favorite character so I think I was just bitter that he wasn't in S3 and I didn't like the storyline of Dexter trying to make a friend to be very compelling. Doakes is the main reason I loved S2 the most.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    3>4>1>2>6>5, Julia Stiles season sucked. I almost gave up on the show that season.
    As soon as I finished the last episode of that season, I put the DVD away and said to myself, "fuck this show, I'm done."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Ok finally got around to watching it. I enjoyed the episode but LaGuerta is annoying the shit out of me. And based on Deb's discoveries and her starting to put it all together in this first episode, I can't imagine how the writers could go further past this season. Deb is also his accomplice in covering stuff up now, which I think is interesting considering how their relationship has evolved and Lumen was his only other living accomplice. How season 8 is still a consideration is beyond me. I felt they should have wrapped it up after the Lumen season and was surprised to see it keep going. That said I didn't mind the John Lithgow story line from season 4. But the best seasons were the first 3, hands down IMO.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 10-03-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Ok finally got around to watching it. I enjoyed the episode but LaGuerta is annoying the shit out of me. And based on Deb's discoveries and her starting to put it all together in this first episode, I can't imagine how the writers could go further past this season. Deb is also his accomplice in covering stuff up now, which I think is interesting considering how their relationship has evolved and Lumen was his only other living accomplice. How season 8 is still a consideration is beyond me. I felt they should have wrapped it up after the Lumen season and was surprised to see it keep going. That said I didn't mind the John Lithgow story line from season 5. But the best seasons were the first 3, hands down IMO.
    I read somewhere in an interview with the writers and/or director that seasons 7 and 8 are one story line broken into two seasons. I imagine what is going to happen is the cat will be out of the bag (in some form or fashion) 10x more than it is now, and the final season will be his...whatever, escape, redemption, revenge, whatever.

I'm in a happy place with the series right now regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post

I'll go 3>4>1>5>2>6
    hated season 3

i'm not gonna rank the rest because #daydrunk but
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Man, I am actually on edge with the thought of Dexter being caught. I am not looking forward to it. I know it is inevitable that he will meet his demise, but I am not too keen on the fact that his undoing has officially been set in motion.

In terms of seasons, for me, I agree with the sentiments about season four being the best. I also really enjoyed season one. Two, three, and five I thought were rather enjoyable, but season six was a tough one. I liked the twist in the season, but it just seemed to be missing something. It definitely got the award for most disturbing deaths, though. That horseman scene disturbed the shit out of me.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Man, I am actually on edge with the thought of Dexter being caught. I am not looking forward to it. I know it is inevitable that he will meet his demise, but I am not too keen on the fact that his undoing has officially been set in motion.

In terms of seasons, for me, I agree with the sentiments about season four being the best. I also really enjoyed season one. Two, three, and five I thought were rather enjoyable, but season six was a tough one. I liked the twist in the season, but it just seemed to be missing something. It definitely got the award for most disturbing deaths, though. That horseman scene disturbed the shit out of me.
    The deaths in season 6 saved the season for me. The Angel scene was twisted.

The death scenes last season were fantastic. But come on, who else chuckled when they saw Dexter's face no that angel of death painting on the wall? I feel like they missed the intended effect by THAT much

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    The death scenes last season were fantastic. But come on, who else chuckled when they saw Dexter's face no that angel of death painting on the wall? I feel like they missed the intended effect by THAT much
    Yeah I thought it looked pretty cheeseball. Over the top doesn't even begin to describe last season's death scenes.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

I absolutely loved this season's premier. I got annoyed at the thought of Deb spending all season sulking about Dexter maybe being a serial killer, but those last 60 seconds of the show really redeemed it for me. Excited to see how it turns out.

My season rankings go:
    4>1>2>3>5>6.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

I find it interesting that there is such a wide range of season preference and ranking order.

the season with Lithgow was by far one of my favorites. IMO he was the best serial killer the series has had. i also liked season 2 with Lila, but thats only because shes sexy with that accent.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    the season with Lithgow was by far one of my favorites. IMO he was the best serial killer the series has had. i also liked season 2 with Lila, but thats only because shes sexy with that accent.
    Loved Lithgow, hated accent bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I couldn't stand Lila's character but it made that season intense for me. And I think the side stories with the other characters like Batista made the first few seasons good as well - but season 1 was the best for me as Deb is probably my favorite character. By the end of season 4 I couldn't wait for the kids and Rita to be gone. My rankings:
    1-2-3-5-4-6.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i think 2-4-1-6-5-3
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 10-03-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Doakes was the best

2 and 4 were the best, I stopped watching after that but saw then of 6 and have started to kind of pay attention again
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I never understood the love for Doakes. He was funny, but god was he a horrible actor.
    For your health

Now that I've finally watched the S7 premier I have to chime in with my season rankings.

This sounds lame, but, in no particular order, my favorite seasons are 1,2,4. To me they are all above the rest. Season 1 is fantastic if only because most shows aren't that good in their inaugural season. Season 2 was also great for me because the hunting of the bay harbor butcher seemed like something they would have done several seasons later towards the end of the series, yet the writers decided to be aggressive and hunt for Dexter in the 2nd season. The 4th season, well, Lithgow, enough said. Those 3 seasons are all amazing in their own different ways. After that, then I'd have to say season 3. I didn't love Prado but I didn't hate it either. Seasons 5 and 6, however, were both awful (except for the last 2 episodes of S6), and they can tie for last.

So to summarize, for me, 1, 2, 4 tie for best, then 3, then 5 and 6th for worst.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

I swear, after watching episode 2 this season, it is like the writers knew what would annoy the hell out of viewers this season (me, at least) and did complete opposite.

1: A gimmicky villain killing people in over-the-top ways. Nope. Instead we get a believable force to be reckoned with Russian (they're Russian, right?) mob-like group.
    2: Deb trying to figure out whether or not Dexter is a serial killer throughout the season/Dexter trying to convince her otherwise. Nope. Instead we get an obviously unstable support system between Dexter and Deb (which, so far, is intriguing to watch)
    3: The situation between Dexter and the creep geek (forgot his name at the moment) getting drawn out and "mysterious" throughout the season. Nope. Instead we got TWO fantastic confrontations between him and Dexter, the cat is out of the bag fucking already. Granted, I know there is probably more to the situation than the video game knock, but that is going to be exciting once that surfaces. (Because didn't the guy purchase the hand BEFORE Dexter blasted the video game idea?)

Anyways, needless to say, I loved episode 2, I loved every damn minute of it.
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 10-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.

That episode was awesome. I loved the shock value at the end, involving a seemingly meaningless character but how it still reflected on what is going on with Dexter at this point in the story. My spouse is still convinced that at some point the sexual tension will come to a head with Deb and Dex but I can't imagine it, and don't want to. Eww. And is it just me or is Quinn ( or the actor playing him) getting skinnier and more gaunt with every new show? His cheekbones are reminiscent of Iron Maiden's Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    That episode was awesome. I loved the shock value at the end, involving a seemingly meaningless character but how it still reflected on what is going on with Dexter at this point in the story. My spouse is still convinced that at some point the sexual tension will come to a head with Deb and Dex but I can't imagine it, and don't want to. Eww. And is it just me or is Quinn ( or the actor playing him) getting skinnier and more gaunt with every new show? His cheekbones are reminiscent of Iron Maiden's Eddie.
    YES. I was actually disappointed to see him look WORSE than last season. It kind of reminds me of Matthew Perry during the Friends era. I remember one season he suddenly appeared incredibly skinny/sickly looking (JUST like the actor who plays Quinn), and a year or two later it was confirmed that he was struggling with a massive blow problem during that time.

Personally, I would love to see Deb and Dex do the deed.

Personally, I would love to see Deb and Dex do the deed.
    Gross. Gross. Gross. Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. But I think to some degree that is the intended effect of the storyline.

I swear, after watching episode 2 this season, it is like the writers knew what would annoy the hell out of viewers this season (me, at least) and did complete opposite.

1: A gimmicky villain killing people in over-the-top ways. Nope. Instead we get a believable force to be reckoned with Russian (they're Russian, right?) mob-like group.
    2: Deb trying to figure out whether or not Dexter is a serial killer throughout the season/Dexter trying to convince her otherwise. Nope. Instead we get an obviously unstable support system between Dexter and Deb (which, so far, is intriguing to watch)
    3: The situation between Dexter and the creep geek (forgot his name at the moment) getting drawn out and "mysterious" throughout the season. Nope. Instead we got TWO fantastic confrontations between him and Dexter, the cat is out of the bag fucking already. Granted, I know there is probably more to the situation than the video game knock, but that is going to be exciting once that surfaces. (Because didn't the guy purchase the hand BEFORE Dexter blasted the video game idea?)

Anyways, needless to say, I loved episode 2, I loved every damn minute of it.
    I agree with all of this. I had been expecting the worst, but this episode moved things along very nicely. I had thought it was going to be Deb trying to figure out if Dexter was the killer, because in the first episode's ending, I saw the hand with the colored nail polish in the scene and figured that Dexter was imagining things (I had forgotten that the creep geek had sent it to him).

I really loved the confrontations Dexter had with that geek. The only thing that makes me weary about that situation is the guy's motivations for bothering Dexter. Is it really just because Dexter offended him with his stupid game? Does he know that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher? Hmm...
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I really loved the confrontations Dexter had with that geek. The only thing that makes me weary about that situation is the guy's motivations for bothering Dexter. Is it really just because Dexter offended him with his stupid game? Does he know that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher? Hmm...
    I agree there is more to this as well.

After last nights episode, I still stand by my thoughts that the writers said "cut all that annoying shit off"
    I was shocked and stoked to see geek creep get blasted, SPECIALLY after an episode that was filled with back and forth "banter" between him and Dexter. Bravo and well played.

The whole hunt regarding the muscle-metal-head woman killer, I admit, was pushing to be over the top/campy (you know, his house, the music, his outfit, the shrine, etc.), but I loved it all. It was just the right amount of over the top, imo.

One thing that concerned me about this episode is the evidence of the geek's murder on Dexter's boat, and now the Russian mob guys are going to come after him about this dead girl's bracelet. But I am confused about how it ended up there.. What have I forgotten?

Edit - also am I the only one wondering about Harrison? Yes the babysitter has him - but does she ever get a break? It seems literally days go by with neither Dex or Deb seeing or mentioning him.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 10-16-2012 at 04:58 AM.