Page 1 of 19 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Dance All Weekend 09 campers group thread

Hybrid View

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Default The OFFICIAL Dance All Weekend 09 campers group thread

Frozen Pilgrim, curator.

well, it's official now. expect this to be located somewhere in the general area/part of the other coachella camp groups such as party all weekend(a.k.a. psychonautics anonymous), get some sleep group, camping alone group, salah's gay furry cuddle/yiffing puddle, etc.

laptop and trigger finger=rave in a bag=dance all weekend.

Default Re: The OFFICIAL Dance All Weekend 09 campers group thread

you know, all these groups basically partied just as much as the other...maybe we should form the Coachella 09 Superboardmembergroup
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

I think it already exists by accident- last yar all the groups were right next to each other in section A. basically this thread is my announcement of intention to dj in the camprgound/invitation for others to do so as well it started (I think) in the boardreader thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I think it already exists by accident- last yar all the groups were right next to each other in section A. basically this thread is my announcement of intention to dj in the camprgound/invitation for others to do so as well it started (I think) in the boardreader thread
    I could get into this. Are we going to have a power source of some kind? If someone brings a generator or something, I will lay down some beats.

YES!!!!!

ITS ALIVE!!!

ITS AAAAAAALLLIILIIIIIIVIIVVVVVEE!!!!

This should be a lot of fun.

dance all weekend =salah's gay furry cuddle/yiffing puddle

Fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    dance all weekend =salah's gay furry cuddle/yiffing puddle

Fact!
    Okay, let's hear it...WTF's a gay furry cuddle/yiffing puddle actually composed of, Salah? (P.S. I could use a good laugh today.)
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Hm this sounds a lot like HEADSTRUCK's group from last year. I tried getting in touch with him once I got to the campgrounds but his cell phone was off the rest of the time. So I hooked up with some other party group, that wasn't really a party group at all.

I want to be in a real party group this year, damnit!
    "Beer summit '09"

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Incase you can't find it, it's called Obamachusetts.
    State Tree: The Man-Eating Tree.
    State Bird: The Dragon.
    State Song: Bring Da Ruckus.
    Population: Awesome.
    Abortions: Yes.

Dude! I was part of that group, you have to join us next year! It was literally the most fun ever and headstruck kicks all kinds of ass. We're a solid group of people
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

headstruck kicks all kinds of ass.

i couldnt have said it better myself

yeah, all the groups were next to each other...so i guess in essence it's already the Superboardmembergroup.

i'd be down for some live dj music in the area. i need to get around and meet more of ya this time around...

what would be cool is if a dj could do a girl talk style coachella artist mashup set. either with current picks from the 09 lineup and/or past artists...
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Ooh an unofficial all night rave. Sounds better than walking around beating on aluminum cans and protesting absolutley nothing. lol.

This is shaping up to be a bad as coachell. Thursday, arrive early, WATER WAR Thursday night.....campground board member rave.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Okay, let's hear it...WTF's a gay furry cuddle/yiffing puddle actually composed of, Salah? (P.S. I could use a good laugh today.)
    He can tell you what it is but you would have to become a part of it.

so far, my plan is to bring a laptop and an m-audio trigger finger. I'm hoping between now and april that I'll be able to convince someone who's coming camping to bring a couple of power packs with them. they're a couple hundred bucks each at a place like wal mart, I only know of the canadian tire versions. you can get one that'll power 4 a/c outlets for 12 hours off one charge. generators aren't allowed, but batteries are, as far as I know. I think it's a fuel/fire/emissions issue.
    but yeah. anyone who spins digital is welcome to bring an external drive or a flash key with their music and spin

Banned

so far, my plan is to bring a laptop and an m-audio trigger finger. I'm hoping between now and april that I'll be able to convince someone who's coming camping to bring a couple of power packs with them. they're a couple hundred bucks each at a place like wal mart, I only know of the canadian tire versions. you can get one that'll power 4 a/c outlets for 12 hours off one charge. generators aren't allowed, but batteries are, as far as I know. I think it's a fuel/fire/emissions issue.
    but yeah. anyone who spins digital is welcome to bring an external drive or a flash key with their music and spin
    hm. i'm going to look into this.

i don't exactly "spin," but if I could get something that would power my sampler, my 303, and maybe the microKorg, I could put something together with that.

and i guess I could just take my gear out to my car during the day. i wouldn't want to leave my stuff in the campsite, but I could really see this working out.

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    hm. i'm going to look into this.

i don't exactly "spin," but if I could get something that would power my sampler, my 303, and maybe the microKorg, I could put something together with that.

and i guess I could just take my gear out to my car during the day. i wouldn't want to leave my stuff in the campsite, but I could really see this working out.
    YOU HAVE A 303?!!?

do you want to be my best friend?!

dude, we should produce some tracks live in the campground. do you like dubstep or acid house? we could do a ridiculous acid house set with the 303 taking half the midi send from the trigger finger.

Banned

YOU HAVE A 303?!!?
    yeah. everybody needs one.

dude, we should produce some tracks live in the campground. do you like dubstep or acid house? we could do a ridiculous acid house set with the 303 taking half the midi send from the trigger finger.
    I would be down for that.

What about speakers? Are we just going to run amps off of battery packs? And also, some people might want to sleep. What is to be done with those people?

You run Ablechrist or a serrato type program? I could bring my trigger finger also, but I prefer Live.
    Years Attended:

I'm happy with whatever you got, as logn as some Madonna is incorporated.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not EXACTLY sure what a gay furry cuddle/yiffing puddle is, but I have an idea...

if you don't know, don't find out.
    furries are fucking hellspawn

I think we're picturing two different things

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I think some friends* are coming with me this year. They can camp with us even if they aren't super awesome enough to be board members, right? Maybe we should set up an on site initiation/hazing protocol.

*Thanks amy
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 09-08-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I think some fiends are coming with me this year.
    Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    He can tell you what it is but you would have to become a part of it.
    A yiffing puddle sounds like the wet spot after a circle jerk or some shit like that...I'll pass, thank you.

I'm happy with whatever you got, as logn as some Madonna is incorporated.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not EXACTLY sure what a gay furry cuddle/yiffing puddle is, but I have an idea...
    Okay, my curiosity got the best of me, and indeed, "yiffing" has a definition... 2. yiffing:
    while dressed up in animal costumes, participants grope, fondle, and hump on each other for sexual gratification. no actual sex involved. Usually done in a group setting.
    Peter "rabbit" and Jane "cat" fondled each other through their costumes while yiffing at a furry friends party.

I think we're picturing two different things
    So, which one of you is "Peter Rabbit?" And which one is "Jane the cat?"
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I agree, I'm most likely going solo but if there is indeed some Bowie, I will have a group of people with me for sure. hazing will be needed

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I agree, I'm most likely going solo but if there is indeed some Bowie, I will have a group of people with me for sure. hazing will be needed
    Bowie would change everything! Even without (god forbid), two years of my raving about Coachella's brilliance has finally cracked a few friends. The other day they said they wanted to come next year pretty much regardless of who plays! So keep it up people, your friends will come around eventually and even if they have shitty taste in music, they won't after a weekend in the desert. Force feed bitches the good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Bowie would change everything! Even without (god forbid), two years of my raving about Coachella's brilliance has finally cracked a few friends. The other day they said they wanted to come next year pretty much regardless of who plays! So keep it up people, your friends will come around eventually and even if they have shitty taste in music, they won't after a weekend in the desert. Force feed bitches the good stuff!
    Yeah, i know at least one of my buddies is tired of hearing how awesome coachella is, without going themselves. so he'll be comin along for sure next year regarless of who is there.
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by sin213 View Post
    Yeah, i know at least one of my buddies is tired of hearing how awesome coachella is, without going themselves. so he'll be comin along for sure next year regarless of who is there.
    I have a couple of maybe's, unfortunately most of my friends waffle and don't want to spend this much money to travel to see music. (I'm being a little harsh, the ones that want to go are always broke).

I hope this group grows. Awesome Coachella music during the day and Campsite rave in the night.

DANCE ALL WEEKEND!!!

YES!

Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?