Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Portland, Oregon

Default Re: Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    whistler had a surprisingly awesome EDM scene. i had genre choices each night when i visted.
    Vancouver, BC vs Vancouver, WA.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

brother got a Trader Joes transfer a couple months ago and seems to genuinely love it up there. He does dislike OC people and loves ganj. Furthest north I've been is Eureka and found it much too cold, so I doubt I'd care for Portland.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I'm going to be sooo deep inside of you this weekend Portland. I even grew a beard for the occasion.

Huh. Any extra time for drinks with a boardmember you somehow still haven't met?

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i really want to not have to drive a car everywhere.
    Heyyyyy
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Huh. Any extra time for drinks with a boardmember you somehow still haven't met?
    For you I have all the time in the world ill be in town from Friday til Monday.

We are going to daytrip up on Saturday to get out of the miserable fucking heat in AZ. And to go to this:

http://www.portlandfruitbeerfest.com/

Because beer.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

So this move to Oregon is starting to turn into a 'for realsies'. I can't believe I started all of this two years ago and we haven't done shit about it. But it looks like I'll be getting laid off here soon (within the next six months or so). I'll get a six month severance package, so we're planning on using that as seed/moving money. Rick can basically just transfer up to an office in Portland, and since I will need to look for a job, I may as well look up there instead of down here. We're going to probably do a short sale on the house since it's still not worth what we owe on it, even if we put a ton of work and money into it.

Looking for neighborhoods that meet the criteria:
    Walkable
    Close to public transit
    Cafe/bar type neighborhood. Nothing suburban.
    Close to arty/musicy type things to do

It's my understanding that I should be looking in the Hawthorne area...maybe Alberta Arts as well. Any others?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    So this move to Oregon is starting to turn into a 'for realsies'. I can't believe I started all of this two years ago and we haven't done shit about it. But it looks like I'll be getting laid off here soon (within the next six months or so). I'll get a six month severance package, so we're planning on using that as seed/moving money. Rick can basically just transfer up to an office in Portland, and since I will need to look for a job, I may as well look up there instead of down here. We're going to probably do a short sale on the house since it's still not worth what we owe on it, even if we put a ton of work and money into it.

Looking for neighborhoods that meet the criteria:
    Walkable
    Close to public transit
    Cafe/bar type neighborhood. Nothing suburban.
    Close to arty/musicy type things to do

It's my understanding that I should be looking in the Hawthorne area...maybe Alberta Arts as well. Any others?
    That rules out most of Portland.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I guess I should have specified 'no suburban sprawl' like the shittown I live in now.

I tend to find Hawthorne/SE a little more easily public transit-able than Alberta, but it all depends on where you're trying to go.

There are three ADP offices up in Portland so we aren't sure which one Rick would be at yet. One is downtown and one is out by PDX though. Who knows with me. ADP always seems to have instructional design jobs open up there so I may end up there as well. But we want to get by on one car so one of us will be taking a train/bus to work (or walking).

If he ends up out by PDX, you might prefer Hollywood. He'd be able to get the MAX out toward the airport, and you'd be able to get it downtown to transfer onto just about any other bus. Plus there's a Trader Joe's.