Thread: Lollapalooza...fucking weak

Lurker

Default Lollapalooza...fucking weak

did anyone go to lollapalooza this year? Unfortunately i made the choice to spend 200 bones on tickets and the only show that killed it was radiohead. The crowds were fucking awful...all anybody cared about was bitching at people trying to get closer. Coachella just destroys all other festivals.

Default Re: Lollapalooza...fucking weak

so you made an account, started a new thread, just so you could BITCH about lolla? In your own words, WEAK.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

the best part is the screen name. You went to a fest that fails at electronic music. You do know they published the lineup in advance right? I love coachella as well but Lolla wasn't exactly weak. It was a pretty damn solid lineup. They could use some help scheduling bands at better times that's for sure but it was not weak at all.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    the best part is the screen name. You went to a fest that fails at electronic music. You do know they published the lineup in advance right? I love coachella as well but Lolla wasn't exactly weak. It was a pretty damn solid lineup. They could use some help scheduling bands at better times that's for sure but it was not weak at all.
    if lolla worked out the mapping of the fest, and the set times it could be so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by dancE Electric View Post
    did anyone go to lollapalooza this year? Unfortunately i made the choice to spend 200 bones on tickets and the only show that killed it was radiohead. The crowds were fucking awful...all anybody cared about was bitching at people trying to get closer. Coachella just destroys all other festivals.

Good start. Welcome. And Lolla wasn't anywhere near "weak".

Lurker

may have been a bit rash about lolla...let me correct myself. it wasn't the artists that ruined lolla for me..it was the crowds and the set times. Girl Talk-performing during broad daylight????? even he knew it was a weak time. "I know its daylight out but i'll still try to get this party started." He is a NIGHT PERFORMER. thats just an example. i know lolla isnt known for electronic, but they still had artists i wanted to see...i guess its just hard to live up to the coachella standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    if lolla worked out the mapping of the fest, and the set times it could be so much better.

It could it has a lot of promise. One thing i'm afraid that it will never be able to fix is talking douchebags during sets. I don't get that, it drove me nuts. I thought I was at a local bar. I'll stop short of saying frat party but i was all smooshed and tightly packed trying to watch mgmt and the folks next to me talked through the whole set, you wouldn't have even known anyone was on stage as they cheersed and drank and laughed.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Bleh. Lolla had a pretty solid line up but yeah, the 75 billion people in the park by 4pm took some getting used to and restricted getting anywhere quickly. All things considered It was a pretty sweet 3 days of music for 170 bones...

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    It could it has a lot of promise. One thing i'm afraid that it will never be able to fix is talking douchebags during sets. I don't get that, it drove me nuts. I thought I was at a local bar. I'll stop short of saying frat party but i was all smooshed and tightly packed trying to watch mgmt and the folks next to me talked through the whole set, you wouldn't have even known anyone was on stage as they cheersed and drank and laughed.

I do agree with you, faxman. And I'll say it. The frat boy element was heavy at Lolla. And it's been pointed out that Lolla is in the middle of a city and not a "destination" festival. You'll likely get a lot of people who aren't totally there for the music.

may have been a bit rash about lolla...let me correct myself. it wasn't the artists that ruined lolla for me..it was the crowds and the set times. Girl Talk-performing during broad daylight????? even he knew it was a weak time. "I know its daylight out but i'll still try to get this party started." He is a NIGHT PERFORMER. thats just an example. i know lolla isnt known for electronic, but they still had artists i wanted to see...i guess its just hard to live up to the coachella standard.
    See that was much better. You are correct, Lolla is no Coachella. I don't understand the need to put Rage at one end of the field and Wilco at another or even Kanye and NIN at the same time. I had huge gaps mid day and then a bunch all over the place as I ran around on Sunday. If you wanted a good spot for Radiohead you had to leave Raconteurs early or miss them completely. I didn't have that problem as I didn't care for Radiohead but you saw people wondering how much time they had to run across the field to the clear other side.

OMG you're seeing MMJ faxy??? Good luck, after that show you will be in love with jim james. I promise.

also, I would very much like to attend my first Lolla next year, but it still depends on lineup and whether or not I can afford it after Coachella and Bonnaroo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Lurker

faxman knows what im talking about...i could hear people asking what song is this? when radiohead was playing...IF YOU DONT KNOW RADIOHEAD DONT TAKE OF SPACE...everywhere i went was douchebags talking and bitching rather than taking in the music...i dont know about everyone else. but it deffinately destroyed my lolla experience

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    OMG you're seeing MMJ faxy??? Good luck, after that show you will be in love with jim james. I promise.

also, I would very much like to attend my first Lolla next year, but it still depends on lineup and whether or not I can afford it after Coachella and Bonnaroo

I think we are on a mission to make EVERY thread about MMJ. Haha! But you will have a great time, faxman. Glad you're going.

I need to go back to Lolla next year and get the real experience. I just went on Saturday to see Rage. That was a blast, but I'd like to go all 3 days. Damn all these music festivals!!

I have yet to attend a city fest, only middle of nowhere camping fests. I like the idea of being able to crash at a hotel room afterwards/hit the city hotspots. It should've been ACL this year, oh wellllll.

Lolla looked like loooads of fun but also, man, what a ton of people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

faxman knows what im talking about...i could hear people asking what song is this? when radiohead was playing...IF YOU DONT KNOW RADIOHEAD DONT TAKE OF SPACE...everywhere i went was douchebags talking and bitching rather than taking in the music...i dont know about everyone else. but it deffinately destroyed my lolla experience

Even though I went for Rage, I had big complaints about the crowd. There was way too much pushing to the point where I couldn't breathe, 30 minutes BEFORE they went on stage. I had to crowd surf outta there. Glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I have yet to attend a city fest, only middle of nowhere camping fests. I like the idea of being able to crash at a hotel room afterwards/hit the city hotspots. It should've been ACL this year, oh wellllll.

Lolla looked like loooads of fun but also, man, what a ton of people!
    Indeed, my friend.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Memorial_07

1. It's Chicago. Assholes are present everywhere.

2. When you have huge bands like NIN, RATM and Radiohead you should expect hectic crowds.

3. Yeah, we know Coachella is better.