Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dates for Coachella 2008

Default Re: Dates for Coachella 2008

I would just book a hotel for the two weekends that happen end of april and first week of may. I am 99.9% positive that it will be one of those two weekends. Then when you know for sure, just cancel the other weekend.

would like that may dates more....

Look, Radiohead would never headline with Coldplay. It's common knowledge that Radiohead hates Coldplay, and for pretty good reason. Never going to happen. I registered with this board because I really needed to say that.

Hahaha.
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/15 Echo Park Rising
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 RP Boo @ Los Globos
    9/24 Interpol @ House Of Blues
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey
    9/26 Wu Tang @ The Forum
    9/27 Hercules & Love Affair @ Lot 613

coldplay sucks. radiohead are smart men.

I already posted this in another thread but it looks like the official dates are going to be April 25th, 26th, and 27th according to The Desert Sun, a local Indio news paper.

Yep.Stagecoach is confirmed for the following weekend.Thanks for posting this!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassin View Post
    I already posted this in another thread but it looks like the official dates are going to be April 25th, 26th, and 27th according to The Desert Sun, a local Indio news paper.
    Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by noisemachine View Post
    Serious? Don't expect an official announcement of the dates for quite a while...like closer to the beginning of 2008.
    Straight up! Last years dates were announced around late November. so... no one should post in this thread 'til November, agreed?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Straight up! Last years dates were announced around late November. so... no one should post in this thread 'til November, agreed?
    Except the dates have already been posted by a local paper in Coachella, The Desert Sun.
    My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind. - Albert Einstein

I guess in my sick mind it's some kind of feline catalyzed lunar bukkake on a hot asian roy rogers chick. Or something. - Mishlai

Except the dates have already been posted by a local paper in Coachella, The Desert Sun.

+10 for persistence!
    Papers have been known to make errors. However, if "you" are 100% certain, and I don't know you from Adam or read the local newspapers out in the middle of the fucking dessert - I'll just pop down to the travel agents and make my arrangements...howz that!

Quote Originally Posted by fridgebuzz View Post
    Look, Radiohead would never headline with Coldplay. It's common knowledge that Radiohead hates Coldplay, and for pretty good reason. Never going to happen. I registered with this board because I really needed to say that.
    Best post ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fridgebuzz View Post
    Wow, I don't think RH "hates" Coldplay as much as you think. Thom just called them "Lifestyle music" because of how commercial they were. I still love Coldplay though and their 2005 performance counts as of the best best I have seen in my 7 Coachellas.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    +10 for persistence!
    Papers have been known to make errors. However, if "you" are 100% certain, and I don't know you from Adam or read the local newspapers out in the middle of the fucking dessert - I'll just pop down to the travel agents and make my arrangements...howz that!
    You still use a travel agent?
    My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind. - Albert Einstein

I guess in my sick mind it's some kind of feline catalyzed lunar bukkake on a hot asian roy rogers chick. Or something. - Mishlai

You still use a travel agent?
    Welcome to smarty-pants world kid.....gold badge!

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    Last weekend of April as always...May is too HOT
    april was too hot this year. my boyfriend checked the weather for stagecoach (which was in may) out of curiousity and they had like 80 degree weather! i was so sad at this cause the heat killed this year.

as for wedding why not the second week in may or the first week in april. i think that's a far enough gap to keep it in the spring and away from the coachella dates. anyway, CONGRATS!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Wow, I don't think RH "hates" Coldplay as much as you think. Thom just called them "Lifestyle music" because of how commercial they were. I still love Coldplay though and their 2005 performance counts as of the best best I have seen in my 7 Coachellas.
    I was watching Spoon. It was best best better!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Um, it's that hot every year, give or take a few degrees. The average high temperature for the entire month of April is 89F-with the average high temperature for April 25th (per se) is 90F and up as each day goes.

It's a valley desert-it's going to be dry and hot during the day and cool at night. Bottom line.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Welcome to smarty-pants world kid.....gold badge!
    Awww...how come you didn't leave your original post?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123
    U still use the internet properly?

Awww...how come you didn't leave your original post?
    Because you are being tested....silver badge!

I'm damn hoping its the first week of May, as to I have the cheapest price for my hotel already.

It will not be the first week of May. It will be the last weekend in April-as usual.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

25, 26, 27?
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/15 Echo Park Rising
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 RP Boo @ Los Globos
    9/24 Interpol @ House Of Blues
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey
    9/26 Wu Tang @ The Forum
    9/27 Hercules & Love Affair @ Lot 613

set times come out this week in The Desert Sun
    The Smiths play just after Portishead.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All That I Am View Post
    set times come out this week in The Desert Sun
    The Smiths play just after Portishead.
    FUCKING EPIC!! you have been sneaking into my Coachella dreams again...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I guess finding out when the dates are next year is important for wedding planners as it is for people who are travelling from MALAYSIA! Cmon guys is there no straight answer?

It's 25th, 26th, 27th April for definate!
    Download '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 Reading '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10, Coachella '07, WOMAD '07 '09, Glade '07 '08, Gatecrasher '08, T In The Park '08, Glastonbury '08 '10, Sonisphere '09, '10, High Voltage '10, Bloodstock '10, Bilbao BBK Live '10

Quote Originally Posted by Elazarus View Post
    It's 25th, 26th, 27th April for definate!
    Yeah, I posted that something like 3 months ago, along with a link to the local paper that listed it. I think you can find it if you go back far enough in this thread.

I sure how it's those days... I already have my hotel room reserved!!

It's a really safe bet....and if not, you can always change your hotel room reservations. Or camp.