Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, Phish?

Default Seriously, Phish?

I've been bored today, so I was reading up on some of my favorite bands, and I came across a message board where this guy was claiming that the Boredoms album Vision Creation Newsun sounds like Phish. My reaction was, "Seriously, Phish?" He listed a few albums in particular, none of which I'd ever heard. On a whim, I tracked down The Siket Disc. Weird. This stuff is nowhere near what I've heard from Phish, and I know lots of their music as a result of living with a Phish fanatic for 4 years. It's kraut-y, ambient, spaced and psychedelic. It's also fantastic.

Have I been missing out? Phish, seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Default Re: Seriously, Phish?

Phish is coming back soon. Trey is the problem since he has to be drug tested everyday.

Then you'll just HAVE to come to Bonnaroo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

"The Phish reunion tour? It was like an all you can rape buffet!"

Me? You wish i would go to Roo, never...

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post

Not to get off topic too much, but what's wrong with Bonnaroo? I've been and I had a blast. I wanna go again.

Why never?

To have a mature conversation for once supre, I'm curious, why no 'Roo?

too dirty?
    too far?
    too hippy-ish? (even though its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be)

edit: And why would I "wish" for you to come?
    Last edited by sbessiso; 08-31-2008 at 05:08 PM.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

maybe because there are no celebrities at the roo...

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    To have a mature conversation for once supre, I'm curious, why no 'Roo?

too dirty?
    too far?
    too hippy-ish? (even though its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be)

I'm curious to see what he says, but the hippy factor is greatly exaggerated. It is dirty, but that's one thing I love about it. The fact that my entire body was basically dirt let me know that I wasn't in the real world for those 4 days. Might not make sense, I know.

Maybe because pretty much anyone I would have liked to see, has played there, and wont again so no reason to go. who gives a s**t about celebs. Define ''too far'' distance is no factor. I wouldve gone to APW if I had it in my budget to go.

Maybe because pretty much anyone I would have liked to see, has played there, and wont again so no reason to go. who gives a s**t about celebs. Define ''too far'' distance is no factor.

I think that's a fair response. I thought it might be something against Roo itself. Have you ever been? Might be worth checking out even if you've seen everyone you've wanted to see.

The music is only a fraction of Bonnaroo. But to each his own.

And fuck yeah Tommy, the dirtier the better! baby wipes were easily my best friend this year (and oh god the baby powder too). two years in a row now I've HEARD that there are showers, I've yet to see them. I still dont know you personally supre, but bonnaroo is a lot of fun man. A LOT.

anyway, phish huh?

No, not really, they will need some nice acts at the top and a great undercard to get me to think about it. Also, taking away the ability to choose kind of sucks(single days) but pretty much its expected to stay there the whole time since you already draged yourself through 234734 hours of traffice to get to the place. And like I dont think its not about more than music? Well considering I dont drink or do drugs, late night antics would be limited... Ill do Glastonbury in knee deep mud before Roo and dirt in my lungs, sound fair?

The music is only a fraction of Bonnaroo. But to each his own.

And fuck yeah Tommy, the dirtier the better! baby wipes were easily my best friend this year (and oh god the baby powder too). two years in a row now I've HEARD that there are showers, I've yet to see them. I still dont know you personally supre, but bonnaroo is a lot of fun man. A LOT.

anyway, phish huh?

Yeah I heard of these alleged showers as well. I showered Wednesday night in Nashville and Sunday night, also in Nashville. And it didn't matter because EVERYBODY was in the same boat. Supre you should try to check out Bonnaroo, though I have no clue what you're into as far as fests go.

And no to Phish.

the dirt is sooo exagerated too. Two years in a row now my lungs have been dirt-free. I kinda forgot about your drug-freeness but I wasnt even thinking about that, theres so much art and exhibits and just general neat things to do and look at, you dont need to be high. I think Tommyboy mentioned somewhere else that he only smokes, and he praises bonnaroo. but lik I said, to each his own, I think you're missing out...

and I need to apologize to bmack, I'm actually sorry for derailing this thread. I honestly dont try to go off-topic, it just happens.

No, not really, they will need some nice acts at the top and a great undercard to get me to think about it. Also, taking away the ability to choose kind of sucks(single days) but pretty much its expected to stay there the whole time since you already draged yourself through 234734 hours of traffice to get to the place. And like I dont think its not about more than music? Well considering I dont drink or do drugs, late night antics would be limited... Ill do Glastonbury in knee deep mud before Roo and dirt in my lungs, sound fair?

Fair enough, though I don't drink (at shows) or do drugs (except a joint now and then) and I was fine. I couldn't stay up as long as I wanted to, but that's because of being out in the sun all day and no really preparing to stay up until 5:00. And the traffic was fucking brutal, but we had no choice other than to make that a good time as well.

Again, no to Phish.

The dust/dirt inhalation is probably my least favorite thing about Coachella. I already have to deal with my cigs and the heat. I don't need dirt fucking with my system either.

if you get there early, traffic is non-existant. this is a fact and something I learned this year.

no to phish as well, my tentaive bonnaroo wishlist as of now is the cure, beck, my morning jacket and one of those jam-bands/grateful dead bands they always get

(so sorry bmack!)

what dust? i hear all about this coachella dirt/dust, I have yet to experience any of it

Phish will do Roo first if anything. You know they need their typical ''jam'' act. And you know they woudl want first dibs on a big reunion like that, kind of like how they got the Police.

Plus it just makes sense. and oh god dont mention the police, they were so bloody awful last year my friend and I had to flee for safety. and I was quite excited for them, I mean who doesnt have a crush on Sting?

so yeah, Phish....

I just read an interview with the drummer for Phish where he namechecks eYe from Boredoms and Jaki from Can. What the fuck? I might even be required to like them.

soon you're going to start wearing hemp everything, and play ultimate frisbee, and wear birkenstocks(sp??) and drink miller lite and consider dave mathews a "genius"

Miller lite may be decayed possum fetuses. I wouldn't put it past them, with that flavor.

I'm related to the drummer from phish. I don't know if I'm proud or not.

Plus it just makes sense. and oh god dont mention the police, they were so bloody awful last year my friend and I had to flee for safety. and I was quite excited for them, I mean who doesnt have a crush on Sting?

so yeah, Phish....
    Its apparent you hate lots of good music.... Luckily the drugs make you deal with it.

On topic: I think the most likely thing is Trey playing Bonnaroo again and having guest appearances. Maybe playing in the superjam again. There will be some sort of Phish presence.

Off topic: bmack, your avatar is hilarious. I just saw that product in SkyMall on my way to San Diego for the Radiohead show. SkyMall has the most ridiculous and funny products. That was just one of them. Hah.

what a shitty 500th post. oh well, I will have to be paying attention for 1,000