Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ALL THESE FESTIVALS!!!

Default Re: ALL THESE FESTIVALS!!!

I shouldve done sasquatch this year, that lineup had my jizz all over it, but it was just too soon after Chella and i'm a broke-ass nig
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Woodstock will be a one year only thing though.
    we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I shouldve done sasquatch this year, that lineup had my jizz all over it, but it was just too soon after Chella and i'm a broke-ass nig
    Sasquatch was awesome this year. You definately should have gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

APW was in a great loc though, and the weather was outstanding (even with a little rain).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    RTB was dissapointing despite the great line up. Too packed, too uncomfortable and just wasn't that fun, despite some great acts. Thank god I went to the San Fran one where the weather was nice.

I seriously would have died if I had to stand out in that hell hole Glen Helen all day
    I've been to many hundreds of shows over the last 15 years, and it's possible that the '07 Rock the Bells at Glen Helen was the absolute worst concert experience I've ever had
    '99-'11...

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    The shittiest festival I've been to was Rock The Bells '07 in SF. The set times were totally off all day and it was very apparent that they were using RATM as a cash grab. There was no money put into any kind of production to make the festival experience enjoyable or run smoothly outside of the music (but I guess that worked out because I just got blazed all day anyway).

I've been to the destination, multi-day fests like ACL, Coachella and Vegoose as well as the smaller, regional on-offs like detour and Street Scene. Neither of which can define the kind of fest RTB is. So, unfair to compare it to any fests on the list except maybe, Warped Tour (which has been doing it for years).

'07 was the anomaly because of RATM. I went to RTB 08 at Shoreline Amphitheatre and it was a completely different vibe (a better vibe) than 07. It was the Thanksgiving Feast of Hip Hop (ATCQ, The Pharcyde, De La, Nas, Red & Meth, Murs, Spank Rock, etc).

RTB is the only successful niche platform dedicated to a genre that many still have negative perceptions of. Pretty damn good for it's second year touring.

As for one's experience at an all-day music festival, either my expectations are way too low or yours are way too high, but what's wrong with expecting a good line-up and freedom to chill out and just experience it. Does it really matter if there is an "at&t blue room" to be able to go online during a show?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    One of my best friends went to Outside Lands. That was her first music festival experience. She sent me a text saying "This is awesome! Maybe you're on to something with this music festival shit." So apparently that wasn't a deal-breaker for her. I'm trying to talk her into going to Coachella with us next year. She's more open to it after attending Outside Lands.

And Sushov, my first music fest experience was also the Saturday of Coachella 2007. I've been hooked ever since. I've been to Vegoose, Street Scene, Lolla and Bonnaroo since then. Sbessio is right, Bonnaroo is something you HAVE to check out.
    you going back to the Roo? what year did you go? I have already decided that NO MATTER WHAT, I will be at the roo next year. I'm going to lose my mind. Sbess I'm counting on you for the drugs since I'm flying out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Finals in June? Wickity Whack! Fuck school.....but thats always been my motto (which is why I'm soooo far away from completion heehee)
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dey533 View Post
    I've been to the destination, multi-day fests like ACL, Coachella and Vegoose as well as the smaller, regional on-offs like detour and Street Scene. Neither of which can define the kind of fest RTB is. So, unfair to compare it to any fests on the list except maybe, Warped Tour (which has been doing it for years).

'07 was the anomaly because of RATM. I went to RTB 08 at Shoreline Amphitheatre and it was a completely different vibe (a better vibe) than 07. It was the Thanksgiving Feast of Hip Hop (ATCQ, The Pharcyde, De La, Nas, Red & Meth, Murs, Spank Rock, etc).

RTB is the only successful niche platform dedicated to a genre that many still have negative perceptions of. Pretty damn good for it's second year touring.

As for one's experience at an all-day music festival, either my expectations are way too low or yours are way too high, but what's wrong with expecting a good line-up and freedom to chill out and just experience it. Does it really matter if there is an "at&t blue room" to be able to go online during a show?
    I'm was all about the lineup that RTB offered in '07 and yes, RATM was an anomaly in the context of that tour.

The thing is it was obvious that they just didn't try to do anyhting above the bare minimum. It was in a pavement parking lot with chain-link fence everywhere. The layout with the bathrooms was poor. The beer & other concession lines were extreemly long as well(and I'm patient).

I think the tickets were around $95 a pop too. For that kind of scratch the production could have been better. I never mess with stuff like the At&t blue room either. It would have been better for Rock the Bells if the blue room was there becuse I think the festival gets advertising money from the company.

Either way, thats a quality first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    you going back to the Roo? what year did you go? I have already decided that NO MATTER WHAT, I will be at the roo next year. I'm going to lose my mind. Sbess I'm counting on you for the drugs since I'm flying out there.

I went in June this year and loved it. It's a whole different beast than Coachella. Coach gets much more hot, but Roo is a fucking marathon that I didn't prepare myself for. I may go to the Roo next year if money/vacation time permits. The decision will be easier if MMJ closes the show. I just know I'm going to Coachella for sure next year.

how far apart are the stages? is it a marathon because of the late night shows? how far apart is the entrance from the camping area?

Who isn't going to coachella for their 10 year?
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

how far apart are the stages? is it a marathon because of the late night shows? how far apart is the entrance from the camping area?

The stages are actually pretty close together, but there is very little (if any) soundbleed. The entrance is also very close to the camping site. The walks were pretty minimal. What I liked about Roo as opposed to Coachella is that you camp and park in the same spot.

It's a marathon because of the late-night shows. I love the idea of the late-night shows, but you have to prepare for them. Drugs might make it easier to stay up for those. I don't know, I don't do drugs other than a little herb.

I can't wait for next year. I think Bonnaroo will do a great job(like always) with the lineup. I will smoke, and drink all weekend. Are there shuttles from the airport to the site? I would more than likely fly in and just find a way to the site. No car. How many of the night shows did you see?

I can't wait for next year. I think Bonnaroo will do a great job(like always) with the lineup. I will smoke, and drink all weekend. Are there shuttles from the airport to the site? I would more than likely fly in and just find a way to the site. No car. How many of the night shows did you see?

My ex, her sis and I drove from Albuquerque to Tennessee. But I'm almost positive there were shuttles available from the Nashville and Chattanooga airports to Manchester.

The night shows that I saw were MMJ and Sigur Ros. I would've liked to see Ghostland Observatory, but didn't make it. And I didn't see full shows for either MMJ or Sigur Ros. Thus, why I was disappointed with my lack of preparation.

got really tired I'm assuming. Did you catch any of the shows on thursday? I think during the day I would sit my ass down for every set until maybe 5 or 6, unless the show was so nuts I need to be standing. Then after that time I would stay moving around from 6 or 7 until 4am. I don't think that would work either though. I guess it would depend on the set.

got really tired I'm assuming. Did you catch any of the shows on thursday? I think during the day I would sit my ass down for every set until maybe 5 or 6, unless the show was so nuts I need to be standing. Then after that time I would stay moving around from 6 or 7 until 4am. I don't think that would work either though. I guess it would depend on the set.

Yeah it was a combo if being very tired, having a minor spat with the lady (during Sigur Ros) and the rain and cold (during MMJ).

TommyboyUNM = pussy I know I know. Haha.

On Thursday I saw Back Door Slam and they were kick ass. I also saw The Sword and Lez Zeppelin. Pretty good shows. And Grupo Fantasma was a lot of fun.

I really want to see the sword. Them opening for Metallica is a good thing for me(yeah they will probably only get 30 minutes), but I will at least see them, and FINALLY see Metallica live. Tickets aren't as bad as I originally thought. Only about 77 bucks before fees. So I'm thinking they will be about 90.

A fight can ruin a show, and just make you get out of the mood for the show. so I understand. Does it rain a lot over there in TN? is the weather in the 90's? or 80's? humid? Sorry about all the questions, its just you seem like a cool guy, and very chill when it comes to answering questions.

I really want to see the sword. Them opening for Metallica is a good thing for me(yeah they will probably only get 30 minutes), but I will at least see them, and FINALLY see Metallica live. Tickets aren't as bad as I originally thought. Only about 77 bucks before fees. So I'm thinking they will be about 90.

A fight can ruin a show, and just make you get out of the mood for the show. so I understand. Does it rain a lot over there in TN? is the weather in the 90's? or 80's? humid? Sorry about all the questions, its just you seem like a cool guy, and very chill when it comes to answering questions.

No problem dude. I don't pretend to be some kind of asshole that I'm not. That's the first time I've ever been in that part of the country, so I can only speak for my 4 days there. It rained a lot of Friday night (MMJ night) and Saturday morning. Then it was fine the rest of the weekend. I think it was in the lower 90's with 80% or so humidity. So yeah, expect it to be hot and humid.

The Sword was pretty on point at Bonnaroo. They're a good live act so you'll enjoy them I'm sure. The minor fight with the lady did one good thing, it helped with me with not wanting to stay up and wait for Kanye West. And I'm redeeming myself next month and seeing a full Sigur Ros set at Red Rocks.

No problem dude. I don't pretend to be some kind of asshole that I'm not. That's the first time I've ever been in that part of the country, so I can only speak for my 4 days there. It rained a lot of Friday night (MMJ night) and Saturday morning. Then it was fine the rest of the weekend. I think it was in the lower 90's with 80% or so humidity. So yeah, expect it to be hot and humid.

The Sword was pretty on point at Bonnaroo. They're a good live act so you'll enjoy them I'm sure. The minor fight with the lady did one good thing, it helped with me with not wanting to stay up and wait for Kanye West. And I'm redeeming myself next month and seeing a full Sigur Ros set at Red Rocks.
    I'm from indio, and I know HOT. It was like 106 today or some ridiculous shit like that. with about 35 percent humidity. So low 90's will be good, chicago was about the same.

How crazy would it be if they brought back MMJ? I want this to happen so bad.

How crazy would it be if they brought back MMJ? I want this to happen so bad.

Most people who attened Roo want it to happen so bad. My gut feeling is they will close the festival next year, taking the Widespread Panic slot. That might motivate me to go.

Most people who attened Roo want it to happen so bad. My gut feeling is they will close the festival next year, taking the Widespread Panic slot. That might motivate me to go.
    man talk about EPIC, If they closed out it would be one of those magical nights. 3 or 4 hours of MMJ.

Hippie

That would be really sweet, and this is coming from a huge WP fan (just a bigger MMJ fan.) Sushov, you will love Roo. This year was by far the best weather the Roo has ever had. It's usually much hotter. The humidity makes it feel much hotter than it actually is. Coachella is in the desert so it's dry heat which isn't nearly as bad as wet, sticky humidity. Despite the insanely hot weather, it's always a great festival.

For the record, I'm not saying Bonnaroo > Coachella, but Bonnaroo = Coachella, it's just a different vibe.

I've got to get over to Bonnaroo one of these years.

I will never miss another bonnaroo barring unseen extreme circumstances. I went the first time in 06 on a whim to see radiohead, and have not thought twice about going since then. Also, I don't like camping and I always prefer the coachella line up, and I STILL love it that much...haha

Bonnaroo is another fucking planet

drugs? sushov, dont you worry, they come in boatloads over there, people will come to your campsite with the drugs

this was my second bonnaroo and I did a little better than last year but it is indeed exhausting. its very overwhelming at first, but you guys can handle it

the stages are perfect distances I would say, and theres soooo much other shit to do there.

as far as camping goes, we had no car last year and was able to camp righ next to the exit, this year we drove and we were sooooooooooooooo far. it was a long ass walk, but somehow I still didnt mind it too much
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

how do you get camping close to the entrance for the festival? is it one of those you get there early type of thing?

Totally balls random, unfortunately. I have spent painful hours trying to plan out when to get there and what entrance to use, but the only real ways to know where you will be camping are VIP, handicapped, or RV.

I want to go to all of them!