Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: LA People/People in California

  1. #1
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,459

    Default LA People/People in California

    I usually wouldn't start a thread for this question, but I fucking hate most of you so I don't care.

    I am going to be in LA on Friday and I want to know if it is feasible to go see Jon Brion at the Largo?

    Questions:

    1) Is it hard to get in? If yes, how hard?
    2) Assuming it is hard to get in, what time should I go and where should I buy tickets at?

    3) Where is the best place to park? Are there like pay lots I can park at or can I park on the street?

    Edit: Tessa, I see you're online right now. The "I fucking hate all of you" was not directed toward you, love ya, and you seem to be familiar with the LA music scene. Waddya think?
    Last edited by kreutz2112; 08-26-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  2. #2
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I usually wouldn't start a thread for this question, but I fucking hate most of you so I don't care.

    I am going to be in LA on Friday and I want to know if it is feasible to go see Jon Brion at the Largo?

    Questions:

    1) Is it hard to get in? If yes, how hard?
    2) Assuming it is hard to get in, what time should I go and where should I buy tickets at?

    3) Where is the best place to park? Are there like pay lots I can park at or can I park on the street?

    Edit: Tessa, I see you're online right now. The "I fucking hate all of you" was not directed toward you, love ya, and you seem to be familiar with the LA music scene. Waddya think?
    Hey, Kreutz2112, I have an extra ticket to his show on Friday if you'ld like it. To answer your questions~1. Ever kissed ass before? You'll be kissing mine before I'd give it to you. 2) If you don't want mine, I'm sure you can blow someone else for one. 3) As for parking? I'd recommend Watts. It's abit of a walk, but the pay lots are much cheaper than those near the Largo. Actually, go ahead and park your car on the street. May as well leave the windows down too...Broken glass can be a bitch to walk over. BTW...What makes you think Jon Brion wants to see a douche like you there anyway? from a Californian...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  3. #3
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,459

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    wait...so you're going to be there?
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  4. #4
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Hey, Kreutz2112, I have an extra ticket to his show on Friday if you'ld like it. To answer your questions~1. Ever kissed ass before? You'll be kissing mine before I'd give it to you. 2) If you don't want mine, I'm sure you can blow someone else for one. 3) As for parking? I'd recommend Watts. It's abit of a walk, but the pay lots are much cheaper than those near the Largo. Actually, go ahead and park your car on the street. May as well leave the windows down too...Broken glass can be a bitch to walk over. BTW...What makes you think Jon Brion wants to see a douche like you there anyway? from a Californian...
    I kinda like this post because of how cynical it is.

  5. #5
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    If you fly in from SL UT - BD has a landing strip you can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  6. #6
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    If you fly in from SL UT - BD has a landing strip you can use.
    So your saying it isn't an open airstrip?
    Last edited by Memorial_07; 08-26-2008 at 11:39 AM.

  7. #7
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    I'm pretty sure it sells out weeks in advanced. He plays there all the time though. You should call the venue.

  8. #8
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Now i'm not sure the website says cash at the door. Should be street parking around there.

  9. #9
    old school whynotsmile99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA, but I miss Ventura
    Posts
    5,304

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    I didn't have reservations when I saw Jon Brion at the Largo last year. Got there maybe an hour early, stood in line and got in no problem.

    The Cornet probably has different rules so I dunno. It is a bigger theater, so I'm sure it would be ok to just cruise over there and wait in line. You should be fine.
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

  10. #10
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    I kinda like this post because of how cynical it is.
    I'm a native Californian, it's one of our better qualities.

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    If you fly in from SL UT - BD has a landing strip you can use.
    As a matter of fact, I do happen to have a landing area for Kreutz2112...

    Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    No your saying it isn't an open airstrip?
    Well, I wouldn't say it was wide open, but with as narrow minded as he is, he should be able to land there. Hell, I'll offer it to him for Coach next year too! from a Californian...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  11. #11
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    If you fly in from SL UT - BD has a landing strip you can use.
    That caught my eye.
    I had to point it out

  12. #12
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,459

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    I'm pretty sure it sells out weeks in advanced. He plays there all the time though. You should call the venue.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    Now i'm not sure the website says cash at the door. Should be street parking around there.
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    I didn't have reservations when I saw Jon Brion at the Largo last year. Got there maybe an hour early, stood in line and got in no problem.

    The Cornet probably has different rules so I dunno. It is a bigger theater, so I'm sure it would be ok to just cruise over there and wait in line. You should be fine.
    Thanks. I think we are going to just show up at the door. Probably for the late show.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  13. #13

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I usually wouldn't start a thread for this question, but I fucking hate most of you so I don't care.

    I am going to be in LA on Friday and I want to know if it is feasible to go see Jon Brion at the Largo?

    Questions:

    1) Is it hard to get in? If yes, how hard?
    2) Assuming it is hard to get in, what time should I go and where should I buy tickets at?

    3) Where is the best place to park? Are there like pay lots I can park at or can I park on the street?

    Edit: Tessa, I see you're online right now. The "I fucking hate all of you" was not directed toward you, love ya, and you seem to be familiar with the LA music scene. Waddya think?
    Hey you know that there are people in California who don't live in LA right?

  14. #14
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,459

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    I also know that certain people in California have severe problems with reading and comprehension.
    Last edited by kreutz2112; 08-26-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  15. #15
    Member moviebruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,553

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Thanks. I think we are going to just show up at the door. Probably for the late show.
    I highly suggest you pony up the extra 10 bucks and go to the early show. it never sells out now and they let you stay for the second set for free. I've seen tons of special guests during the first set (flight of conchrods) and second set (Fiona Apple and John C Reily). Youll be kicking yourself if you miss out on any of it because you never know whats gonna go down. Go at 7 when the box opens get ur seats and cruise around la cienega for preshow drinks (they dont have their liquor license yet) and return at 830 or whatever time it starts.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

  16. #16
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,459

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Cool man. Thanks for the tips.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  17. #17
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: LA People/People in California

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    SL UT
    wait...SLUT? wOOOt! yeah
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Similar Threads

  1. How Many People?
    By surfphoto in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 12:21 PM
  2. too many people!
    By jlk2490 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 01:08 AM
  3. WOW...Look at all of the people!!!
    By shotglass75 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 10:51 AM
  4. LA people
    By caco0283 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 10:56 AM
  5. How many people?
    By pantsLevi in forum Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 08:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •