Thread: Morphine

Default Morphine

the band, not the drug.....

I absolutely loved this band. Does anyone know if they officially declared the cause of death for their lead singer/bass player Mark Sandman?

Just wonderin, i never knew if it really was an overdose or not.....

Default Re: Morphine

it probably was Courtney Love
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading it wasn't drug-related. Although, he may have lived in such a way that would make a heart attack more likely. Look at Joe Strummer. I don't think he was using when he died but I'm sure his lifestyle contributed to his death.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    it probably was Courtney Love
    i always thought listening to Courtney Love was worse than doing hard drugs......

i liked Miss World alot...
    and that one song, i think it's called Malibu
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

official cause of death was heart attack. however he died in Italy so who knows for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Every year a thread about Morphine comes up, and every year I smile knowing they are not forgotten.

Still on of my list of favorite bands I saw live ... certainly lucky to have grown up in Boston and have the chance to see these guys more often then most ...

One of the few things I have that is autographed is my copy of their disk "Yes" ... I don't "treasure" it, it's just neat to have ...

I will forever regret watching The Dave Matthews Band over Morphine during the HORDE tour in Milwaukee.
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

"Hi, my name is Yablonowitz ... and I have made a grievous concert decision."

{rest of board} We love you man!

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    I will forever regret watching The Dave Matthews Band over Morphine during the HORDE tour in Milwaukee.
    A good first step to any recovery is admitting you made a mistake ...

Well done my friend.

I think I've told this story before.. but I think I obscured key details.

In 1981 I went to a Heart concert when I could have seen U2 in a small club for $5. I can offer all sorts of excuses - a bunch of friends were going to the Heart show; I had hopes for a girl who was going; I was 18 and didn't know any better (not really true though, I was definitely into Boy at the time).

I think this is worse than Yablo's mistake: Heart was worse than DMB and U2 was better than Morphine. plus to have been able to claim today that I saw U2 on their first US tour in a small club would have been something.

now here's another confession: the Heart concert was actually pretty good, and my friends (my other friends that is, the U2 friends not the Heart friends) said the U2 show wasn't that great, that they seemed tired.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Nevertheless....an egregious miscalculation that will haunt you the rest of your days. MUCH bigger mistake than mine, no doubt. The only thing that's worse about my mistake is that I will never get a chance to see Morphine at all ever. Now...you'll never get a chance to see U2 somewhere outside of a giant arena, but Bono ain't dead. Literally anyway.

agree with all except I don't believe Bono is even figuratively (or metaphorically or symbolically) dead.

He's been on life support since "Pop" as far as I'm concerned. He's had a couple good days but most of the time you have to flip him over to change the bedpans.

one.org sends me a lot of emails.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I think I've told this story before.. but I think I obscured key details.

In 1981 I went to a Heart concert when I could have seen U2 in a small club for $5. I can offer all sorts of excuses - a bunch of friends were going to the Heart show; I had hopes for a girl who was going; I was 18 and didn't know any better (not really true though, I was definitely into Boy at the time).

I think this is worse than Yablo's mistake: Heart was worse than DMB and U2 was better than Morphine. plus to have been able to claim today that I saw U2 on their first US tour in a small club would have been something.

now here's another confession: the Heart concert was actually pretty good, and my friends (my other friends that is, the U2 friends not the Heart friends) said the U2 show wasn't that great, that they seemed tired.
    but the real question is ... did you get the girl???

vinylmartyr

A week before I moved to California in 1998 Portishead played in Myrtle Beach. I was gonna go but I was all like i'll see them again somewhere in LA soon I bet. Boy was I wrong. Not quite as epic as U2 during boy or Morphine but still tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by pewter14 View Post
    but the real question is ... did you get the girl???
    nope. at least I don't think so.. I don't remember to tell you the truth, which leads me to conclude that I must not have.

nope. at least I don't think so.. I don't remember to tell you the truth, which leads me to conclude that I must not have.
    yeah, unless you were layin' em and slayin' em left and right ... you'd probably remember "The girl I totally made out with at that SWEET Heart concert" ...

Quote Originally Posted by pewter14 View Post
    yeah, unless you were layin' em and slayin' em left and right ... you'd probably remember "The girl I totally made out with at that SWEET Heart concert" ...
    no I definitely was not, um, what you said.

You just made the list

oh goodie.

Quote Originally Posted by My Shit List View Post
    You just made the list
    "Lighten up Francis ... "