Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 72

Thread: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

  1. #1
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    If you see someone who posts a band they can't get into and you like that band reccomend some stuff.

    My two bands are Crass and Conflict. They go hand in hand and I still can not get into them even though I've been making an effort.
    Anyone wanna help?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    I would love to be enlightened on some Pearl Jam

  3. #3
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,491

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    For some reason I can't get into the Faint. With the exception of seeing them live. Live, its a different story. I've seen em twice and had a blast both times. But I can't listen to them on cd.


  4. #4
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,491

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Im almost at 666 posts! Ha! shit!

    Has anyone made a satanic 666 posts thread? Because I think thats my plan.


  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    I know I'm going to get shit for this and I've posted on this MANY times. I can't get into underworld. A lot of people like them, and whatnot, they are legends in a lot of peoples eyes. I just can't seem to find material I love or anything.

  6. #6
    Hippie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    For some reason I can't get into the Faint. With the exception of seeing them live. Live, its a different story. I've seen em twice and had a blast both times. But I can't listen to them on cd.
    Lots of bands are completely different live. Just look at Gogol. Try listening to one of their albums and enjoying yourself, try seeing them live and not enjoying yourself.

  7. #7
    old school Cdubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hanford, CA
    Posts
    3,259

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    off the top of my head my morning jacket

    July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

  8. #8
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by aeroplanee View Post
    I would love to be enlightened on some Pearl Jam
    turn it up!

    Last edited by jigsaw; 08-11-2008 at 09:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdubby View Post
    off the top of my head my morning jacket
    word

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    I know I'm going to get shit for this and I've posted on this MANY times. I can't get into underworld. A lot of people like them, and whatnot, they are legends in a lot of peoples eyes. I just can't seem to find material I love or anything.
    ever listened to 8 Ball?

    in terms of the original post... def might get shit for this one... i mean i like some of their stuff and they're are classic and everything, but i have yet to go through my "Beatles stage".
    .

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Me Neither...there are a few classics that I really enjoy but I haven't dug deep into the beatles either so your not alone!!!

  12. #12
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    well, you two obviously never attended jr. high school then.

    here is my favorite beatles tune.


  13. #13
    old school whynotsmile99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA, but I miss Ventura
    Posts
    5,304

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    I can't get into TV on the Radio no matter how many hipsters and critics tell me its good
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    well, you two obviously never attended jr. high school then.

    here is my favorite beatles tune.

    Meaning Jr high school in the school of music???

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,533

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    mogwai
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  16. #16
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    Im almost at 666 posts! Ha! shit!

    Has anyone made a satanic 666 posts thread? Because I think thats my plan.
    Yeah, they have.

    Also, there must be 4 versions of this topic that already exist somewhere on the boards...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  17. #17
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,125

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Sufjan
    M Ward
    Arcade Fire
    *gasp*
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  18. #18
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    I'm still trying to get into Sigur Ros--I'm going to see them live in September so I hope they fucking blow me away. Seeing them at Coach melted my ice a bit because they sounded pretty good at sunset in 06. I kinda like their new album, and I kinda like one of their older albums-- is it ()? I guess I should start doing more research!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  19. #19
    old school leo01g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,310

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Talking Heads
    I've said this numerous times but I just cant get into them.
    Anyone recommend a cd or favorite Talking Heads song?

  20. #20
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    Talking Heads
    I've said this numerous times but I just cant get into them.
    Anyone recommend a cd or favorite Talking Heads song?
    QFT. A friend recently told me that the DVD Stop Making Sense is NOT to be missed. I'm going to try to check that out soon. It's a concert video I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,565

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    I know I'm going to get shit for this and I've posted on this MANY times. I can't get into underworld. A lot of people like them, and whatnot, they are legends in a lot of peoples eyes. I just can't seem to find material I love or anything.
    tell us what song(s) you have heard and we will report back to you.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Radiohead. I left lollapalooza after 15 minutes of their amazing pretty lights and mellowdramatic music. I simply don't get it. I don't like Yorkie boys voice nor do I have the patience to "feel" his music.

  23. #23
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,074

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    I know I'm going to get shit for this and I've posted on this MANY times. I can't get into underworld. A lot of people like them, and whatnot, they are legends in a lot of peoples eyes. I just can't seem to find material I love or anything.
    Stay away from Born Slippy....there are plenty of songs that weren't on Trainspotting's soundtrack that are far better. If you want to get into Underworld....go listen to Two Months Off, Cowgirl/Rez, Jumbo, Moaner, Kittens, and try to download some of their live sets (like Electroglide 2005, Coachella 2003, Creamfields 2002 etc...).

  24. #24
    old school leo01g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,310

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    tell us what song(s) you have heard and we will report back to you.

    I know not all songs sound the same but this is all i had to hear to know i wasnt going to like this band. Do all of their songs sound similar?

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,565

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post

    I know not all songs sound the same but this is all i had to hear to know i wasnt going to like this band. Do all of their songs sound similar?
    uh I was referring to underworld.

  26. #26
    old school leo01g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,310

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    ah yeah my bad. I just noticed you were quoting sushov

  27. #27
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdubby View Post
    off the top of my head my morning jacket

    A good place to start would "Okonokos". That's their live album that was recorded in November of 2005. If you like that, then check out "Z" and "It Still Moves." It might help if you tell me what MMJ stuff you've heard and what type of music you generally like.

  28. #28
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,603

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Can't get into NIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  29. #29
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'm still trying to get into Sigur Ros--I'm going to see them live in September so I hope they fucking blow me away. Seeing them at Coach melted my ice a bit because they sounded pretty good at sunset in 06. I kinda like their new album, and I kinda like one of their older albums-- is it ()? I guess I should start doing more research!

    I was in the same boat a few months ago. In fact, I posted a thread about it. Then I listened to "Takk..." all the way through and I was hooked. A week later, I saw them at Bonnaroo and was royally impressed. Now I'm driving 6 hours up to Denver to seem them next month.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,564

    Default Re: Bands you really want to get into but for some reason can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    turn it up!

    Fuckin awesome this has been one of my favorite songs since I first heard it. I need to see this live before I die
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Similar Threads

  1. The reason Sean Penn is there
    By stinkbutt in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
  2. Any reason why there are no videos of Prince anywhere?
    By ThunderInTheSky in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 10:48 AM
  3. KRAFTWERK IS THE ONLY REASON TO GO THIS YEAR
    By electrokinesis in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
  4. Yet another reason to not drink and drive....
    By Deviate_420 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 04:42 PM
  5. Give Me A Reason To Care About...
    By PassiveTheory in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •