Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: For those about to bike, I salute you.

Default Re: For those about to bike, I salute you.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    That is so sweet, I collect dia de los muertos art, that is cool, I like the skulls the most, I want to get a tattoo of one...

OH goodness, I should show you some of the shit my dad has. We've been collecting stuff for years, and it's one of the many reasons I love the Halloween season.

This one is above our door to the garage. They are all pregnant, love it.
    Last edited by algunz; 08-31-2008 at 12:12 AM.

That's so cool the Alters are cool to, that you make for a relative I saw a funny one with El Borracho written on it and it had a drunk guy stumbling around, I like how the skulls have flowers in the eye's so the kids aren't scarred of them, the skulls look so cool, I'm trying to find the right one to get tattoo on me...

I went for a very nice bike ride at Sunset. It was magnificent but I forgot my camera so you will just have to take my word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

It's kind of funny because the bay area is the birthplace of mountain biking, and I haven't really heard much about the trails up there.
    so it's not Crested Butte,Colorado? when I was up there in the late 80's they claimed that mountain bikes and biking originated there.
    I had a hell of a time riding without gasping for air. That some high altitude for mountain biking.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Crested Butte may be one of the greatest places to ride, but the real crazies & originators were in Marin County. They were barreling down mountains on beach cruisers.

The Bay Area has a lot of trails, from Sequoia in Santa Cruz, to Marin headlands, angel island, and the east bay, I love Mountain Biking

Anyone ever used a bike trailer for little kiddies? Any recommendations?

When our twins were little, we had a Winchester trailer. It folded for storage, but it was heavier, and therefore less costly, than a Burley (which was out of our price range at the time). It got a tremendous amount of use, and the kids absolutely loved it.

If you have kids (plural) and you do a lot of cycling, they are definitely worth the cost. Get a replacement cover at the same time; the original will get quite beaten up and grungy over time. I don't think Winchester exists any more, but Burley and Trek both make good trailers - some will convert to jogging strollers as well.

The Burleys are great. We use ours all the time, although it does get a bit hot inside during the summers.

all day saterday the dirt is just fun!
    .. __o
    .. -\ <,
    ..(_)/(_)

Darkwater, is fun too
    .. __o
    .. -\ <,
    ..(_)/(_)

Always fun in the dark!
    .. __o
    .. -\ <,
    ..(_)/(_)

nice pictures, long night exposures use to me my favorites, I use to use my shutter speed that was manual where as long as you hold it, the shutter would be open, and take shots of the stars on a tripod and hold the shutter open for hours and develop the film and the stars would be moving in the sky in the pictures

I seen a guy riding on a unicycle today
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post
    nice pictures, long night exposures use to me my favorites, I use to use my shutter speed that was manual where as long as you hold it, the shutter would be open, and take shots of the stars on a tripod and hold the shutter open for hours and develop the film and the stars would be moving in the sky in the pictures
    that sounds awesome!! you should post some!!! stop reading this and start posting them. sheesh.

1litro, those are great pix. Have you ever had any of them published?

1litro, those are great pix. Have you ever had any of them published?
    IMBA awarded me "best of show" for the Dark water pix.
    The best thing about this photo, it is a self portrait. I opened the shutter and as I rode through the frame I remotely triggered the flash
    .. __o
    .. -\ <,
    ..(_)/(_)

Go fast comutter bike
    .. __o
    .. -\ <,
    ..(_)/(_)

Why does Lemond care so much?

Armstrong's dope testing made public during comeback

by Emmanuel Pionnier Sep 25, 4:21 pm EDT

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AFP) - American Lance Armstrong, making a return to professional cycling three years after winning his seventh Tour de France, said on Thursday his doping test results would be open to the public.

The Texan, who won the Grand Boucle from 1999 to 2005, was speaking during a press conference at a cycling exhibition in Las Vegas.

Meanwhile fellow American Greg Lemond, who won the Tour de France in 1986, 1989 and 1990, said Armstrong's return was not good for the sport.

"His return is not good news," Lemond told AFP in Las Vegas. "It's like a nightmare, that we have lived through all these years, returning."

Armstrong said he would be working with Don Catlin, the founder of the new Anti-Doping Research Institute in Los Angeles, in an attempt to be completely open about his tests.

He retired from professional racing the night he won his last Tour de France, but announced his return to the international cycling scene on September 9 this year.

While Armstrong was answering questions at the press conference, Lemond was almost stealing the show as he attempted to ask questions. However Lemond was continually cut off and talked over by Armstrong when he tried to speak.

Lemond also twice asked a question to Catlin, who was sitting next to Armstrong, but received no reply.

On Wednesday, Armstrong confirmed he would be returning to the sport, aged 37, saying he would be riding for the Astana team, run by his old sporting director Johan Bruyneel.

Armstrong, in an attempt to lessen doubts that his seven Tour victories were won without doping, said: "I want to have a level of transparence and I don't want to leave any hint of doubt. I will do what I am asked to do. It is his (Catlin's) work. He will do whatever he wants (concerning testing).

Catlin himself said: "Everything will be made public and everyone will be able to see the evolution of the results and see if there have been changes.

"What will happen? His samples will also be frozen for analysis in several years time if need be."

Armstrong has been accused of doping practices on several occasions, most notably in an article in French sports newspaper L'Equipe in 2005, claiming six urine samples from his 1999 Tour victory contained blood-boosting drug EPO.

The rider himself has always denied doping and the sport's world governing body, the UCI, cleared him in 2006.

On his racing schedule, Armstrong had said earlier: "I said (on Wednesday) I was going to participate in the Tour Down Under (in Australia at the end of January) and the Tour de France (in July). I can now add that after the race in Australia, I'll get back into training and then race in the Tour of California."

Armstrong, who was treated for testicular cancer in 1996, has continually claimed his comeback, which will be for at least one year, was to raise awareness of cancer through his "Livestrong" cancer prevention campaign.

"I have no contract, no wages and no bonuses," Armstrong said. "Everything is being done as a type of donation. It will be for at least a year but it could be longer. It depends on how the campaign (cancer awareness) goes."

Armstrong, who rode in a cyclo-cross event on Wednesday night, said his reasons to make his comeback with Astana was because of loyalty to Bruyneel, who helped him to his seven Tour wins.

"To have my own team (Livestrong) would have been too complicated," Armstrong added. "And I wanted to be loyal to Johan (Bruyneel). I would only have made a comeback with him."

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

my bike died this morning. :-(

RIP black nishiki.

Bikes are like a phoenix. They can always rise up from the ashes.

Unless it was hit by something.

Bikes are like a phoenix. They can always rise up from the ashes.

QFT.

...or it hit something (truck). at far too high of a speed. front wheel/fork/frontmost part of the frame are fucked.

how are you? you ok?

I seem to be. I flipped over the front and landed nicely in the back of the truck. a few bruises, a slight concussion. pretty lucky really...

sure as hell are lucky if your bike is not fixable. glad you're ok overall. bike spills can be dangerous as hell.

Did you hit a parked car? WTF?

a bus was stopped in the bike lane. I went around it, so I was in the middle of the traffic lane. the truck in front of me stopped suddenly to avoid hitting the car in front of it, which had tried to take a right turn in front of the idling bus. I was moving far too quickly (which you have to to get through the lights in this town), downhill, and couldn't stop in time. kablam and I'm lying in the back of the truck.

some dude yelled that he got it on video. I'm waiting for it to show up on youtube.

here, in my boredom I drew it out:

Last edited by shakermaker113; 10-10-2008 at 03:25 PM.