Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Woodstock 2009?

Default Re: Woodstock 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    That is awesome. Im guessing they were playing on one of the smaller stages right?
    i have my t and i have the program with where and when somewhere ..i will try and find it this weekend ...x****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Muse played Woodstock 99?

Yeah I'm a huge Muse fan and that surprised me as well. They must've just released Showbiz when they played Woodstock. After one album, and being from the UK, they played Woodstock. Their live shows must've been great back then, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Yeah I'm a huge Muse fan and that surprised me as well. They must've just released Showbiz when they played Woodstock. After one album, and being from the UK, they played Woodstock. Their live shows must've been great back then, too.
    there is something to be said about when a band first starts up ... sure they need to jell somewhat together, maybe get better at their skills, but the energy and fun sometimes outweights the other ....Tommyboy, see you are going to Sigur Ros .... we all need a pic at the top of the rocks if everyone gets a chance that night .... x****

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Tommyboy, see you are going to Sigur Ros .... we all need a pic at the top of the rocks if everyone gets a chance that night .... x****

Done. We'll set that up for sure. We'll go on the Sigur Ros tour thread and set up a time/place to meet up, chat and take a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Done. We'll set that up for sure. We'll go on the Sigur Ros tour thread and set up a time/place to meet up, chat and take a pic.
    yep, i have front row center so i have to walk up that friggin hill, but its always worth it ... ok, many of you guys have no SO (sig other) but we try and keep them happy, i know i do ... tygerlady said, if you want to go to the show, go by yourself and have a great time .... done ... i am going if it happens .. i only have one truck so i have to get a ride .... we will keep in touch thru the months ... if i have to , i will fucking hitchhike again, but i would rather not .... so in the months ahead, we will figure it out ... x***

as long as kroq/mtv dont control it...for that matter as long as I dont have to hear aged hippies complaining about anything but jam rock as well...in that case give me COACHELLA
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    as long as kroq/mtv dont control it...for that matter as long as I dont have to hear aged hippies complaining about anything but jam rock as well...in that case give me COACHELLA
    i actually agree, shock to those who dont know me, those that do say yea .. i can see canx going to WS09....... but i did ask tygerlady, how many shows do i talk about all these years, woodstock and i guess the beatles at two places ... i am ready for my final memories ... geez that sounds sort of down but trust me , its not....... x****

So i was doing some searches and found that this used to be on the woodstock 09 MySpace back in January
    Attn: If you are a band interested in playing, add the Woodstock 2009 Bandsprofile!

We would like to make it clear that our vision for Woodstock 2009 is to be nothing like Woodstock 1999. Woodstock 1999 was not even a shell of the festival's original purpose. Woodstock's slogan was "3 Days of Peace, Love, & Music," and that is what we, the committee of Woodstock 2009, would like to bring back to the name of Woodstock in the summer of 2009. As Woodstock 1999 had punk and metal bands, we'd like to bring the music back to the originals. We'd like to bring in as many of the original performers as possible, along with bands that were invited to play but declined or could not make it. We will also be looking for blues/psychedelic rock bands of today.
    I pulled it from here http://groups.google.com/group/woods...b94fbfcd423a87
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    So i was doing some searches and found that this used to be on the woodstock 09 MySpace back in January

I pulled it from here http://groups.google.com/group/woods...b94fbfcd423a87
    cool tnx blinken, that would be good news to me, not sure about the masses, but then i never really went for what the masses agreeded upon ...x**** bring on Jimi ..

That is awesome. Im guessing they were playing on one of the smaller stages right?
    Hell Yes! It was fucking amazing (too bad the festival ended in chaos - we left before all the burning/violence occured). They definitely did not play in the 2 main stages (East and West) neither in rave hangars where DJ/electronic acts like Moby and Fatboy Slim played. If I'm not mistaken they performed in the emerging artists stage.

My friend (the same dude who is still trying to convince me to go to APW or Virgin festival) dragged me to that festival (my very first music festival). He paid for my ticket and we went using his car (we slept on his car - paid a guy so we could park the car overnight Saturday at his private lot/lawn). I heard a little about Woodstock '69 and '94 but back then I already love Rage and Chem Bros (and kinda like DMB and Alanis M). Some of my friends & constant MTV overhyped also convinced me to go.

I had no idea that Rage and Chemical Brothers were scheduled to play simultaneously.
    Last edited by idrive1life; 08-06-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

when does set times come out?

RATM's videos (consisting of their complete Woodstock '99 setlist) are up in you tube:

No Shelter

People of the Sun

Know Your Enemy

Born of a Broken Man

Vietnow

Bullet in the Head

The Ghost of Tom Joad

Bombtrack

Wake UP

Bulls on Parade

Freedom/Township

Killing in the Name

Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

White Stripes/Muse for Woodstock '09...

I'm pretty sure Muse will not be able to complete their next album before Coachella '09. Yeah, Woodstock '09 has slightly better chance but Matt Bellamy reportedly said this "Woodstock was great fun, but it was immensely hot there, I got sunburnt. The festival was badly laid out in my opinion, the stages were 2 miles apart and there was no atmosphere like you get at Glastonbury. I think the riots started because people were getting treated like cattle... We saw something brewing while we were there i.e. lots of people crowding together and chanting and banging drums, it was like a football crowd".

Its not really 2 miles apart (it felt like it - I dont blame him ... oh boy, I had to remove pounds of dust inside my nose after that festival. But I still think, in terms of weather, ACL '07 was, still by far had the worst weather conditions I've experienced in any music festival). Its more like same distance between AT&T and Bud Light at Lolla because I read somewhere that the distance between East and West stages @ Woodstock was less than a mile.

I'll go if the lineup is more like Glastonbury than Bonnaroo's. Though I already been to Woodstock '99 I also want to experience Bonnaroo once before I die. (I definitely need to save some vacation days and money for next year ... so no go for me again for Coachella '09, Bonnaroo '09, Lolla' 09?).

Woodstock '99 Map

Last edited by idrive1life; 08-06-2008 at 06:38 PM.

WORLD of BEER

I will be going to this if it happens and it's in NY state again. I'm from about half an hour away from Rome, NY so if it is anywhere upstate I will just use it as an excuse to go home for a while too.

boy talk about old school, it would be kinda weird and kinda cool at the same time ... interested bands so far they say ...x****

Strawberry Alarm Clock
    Sweetwater
    Rare Earth
    Vanilla Fudge
    Zebra
    Canned Heat
    Melanie
    Iron Butterfly
    Country Joe McDonald
    Ten Years After
    The Fieldside Refugees
    Kozmic Blues

This is what I did pull up from Wikipedia:

Woodstock 2009 is a music festival planned to occur August 15 and 16, 2009 in New York and August 22 and 23, 2009 at the former Berlin Tempelhof Airport in Berlin, Germany.
    The event is currently being planned by Michael Lang, promoter of the previous Woodstock festivals. The promoters have advertised that the event will be free of charge at both locations and will include most of the original Woodstock Festival performers in addition to current top acts .
    The slogan of the 40th Anniversary festival is "For a green World It''s a free concert from now".

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Woodstock '79 was the best, hands down. But '89 was good too.

It's going to be so chaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Zebra
    Zebra?

"Who's Behind The Door?" Zebra?

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Woodstock '79 was the best, hands down. But '89 was good too.
    Huh, why didn't I know there were also a '79 and '89?
    Were those not advertised, or just for USA?

Coachella Junkie

Woodstock is going to be free? Hmm...

Wink Re: Woodstock 2009?

BTW, anyone has entire ppv of Woodstock 1994+1999?
    Just pm me

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Woodstock is going to be free? Hmm...
    Just $ (or Euro) 5 for "adminstration" costs..they expect 200-300.000 each concert so that's 3 million...revenue for a free concert just for entrance...

Why didn't I come up with that idea? hmmm

This a pdf from the mediagroup
    http://www.media-consulta.com/filead...ck_english.pdf

Will dive in my loft, and dust off those old cdroms with captured sites/pictures and info of woodstock94-99. If I'm not mistaken I should have all 4300 images of woodstock.com and 100's of numerous other sites of those days.

If Woodstock 09 happens...ill be there regardless of the lineup....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I don't get it, Why? I'm not trying to start shit, I just really don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    it's going to be nickelback, slipknot, and ICP headlining.

I really hope this happens. It would be amazing to see The Who and Santana as repeat performers! I wonder who else they would book as far as younger acts go? Also, let's hope they promote a clean, green festival environment this year. If this really does go down, and the lineup is decent, I'm taking the opportunity and organizing a van to drive from So Cal to upstate NY.

I went to WS '94 - it was one of the most memorable times I've had at a festival (and I've been to more than a few -Coachella '05, '07, DEMF '03, Burning Man '97, Reading Festival '96, Tribal Gathering '96, Lallapolooza more than once and also Love Parade '96 in Berlin)
    Coachella '06, '07, '09

Previously "MsTekno"

Banned

looks like woodstock is happening afterall.
    COS:
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/0...eadies-return/
    Woodstock readies return?

By Alex Young on March 3rd, 2009

Woodstock readies return?

It literally seems like every year we deal with rumors of a reincarnation of the infamous Woodstock Music Fesitval, only to disappointed (or thrilled, depending on your views) when nothing comes to fruition. But with the 40th anniversary of Woodstock ‘69 quickly approaching, promoters look to be more serious than ever about bringing the festival back for another go around.

According to TheRockRadio.com, chief promoter Michael Lang is currently at work on a two-day event to be held on the exact anniversary of the original Woodstock, August 15-16, in upstate New York. A European version, to be held in Berlin one week later, August 22-23, is also in the fold.

While no acts have been unveiled, the report goes on to note that Lang, who is credited as co-creator of the original Woodstock, is currently targeting such original participants as Santana, The Who, Joan Baez, Joe Cocker, Grateful Dead, and Country Joe and the Fish. More contemporary top acts will be included on the lineup as well.

The last edition of Woodstock took place in 1999, and featured the likes of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, and Dave Matthews Band among others. However, scorching tempatures, sanitary issues, and crowed violence caused many to view the festival as a failure.