Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Woodstock 2009?

Default Re: Woodstock 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    well 69 wasnt really a picnic either but i wouldnt give up those memories for anything .... we will talk lol ....x****
    my parents were on the way there in '69, but i guess the traffic was so bad later on that they never made it...

Banned

i watched the entire WS99 on ppv and i sitll have all 65 hrs on vhs tape in a box in the garage..

i just remember thinking that day one seemed really cool and everyone seemed happy and having a good time. when they got to day two they started showing interviews with people who smuggled in booze and full trays of food and all kinds of stuff and i always thought at the time," security must be really relaxed and thats not a good sign but we'll see... then you started to hear reports about people complaining about the prices of food and how all the bathroom were horrbile and notihng was being picked up " back in 99 no one was promoting a clean environment" and i always remembered the main promoter michael lang saying" just get people together and they will figure it out" but what a cluster fuck it became..... by the time limp bizkit came on, it was total chaos.. u would of thought they were the greatest band in the history of music... and fred durst showed his inexperience and had no idea how to control the crowd.... rage played next and delayed their set and turned down the volume but the damage was done.. every camera shot was of a girl up on someone's shoulders and 3 or 4 hands were up feeling her tits. it was not funny at that time. it was becoming sad... then metallica came on and did their thing but by then after watching it, i always felt like" im really glad i did not go to this".. then by day 3 it was just the worst looking festival ever!! other festivals to this day use woodstock 99 as a learning tool on how not to run a festival.. coachella 99 and their reputation would eventually thrive on woodstock 99 mistakes by saying waters would be cheap and the area would be cleaned regularly...

if lang runs this again, id be very worried to go to this.. he has no clue about how to run a modern day festival and never has... it was a fluke that woodstock 69 worked and a even more bigger fluke that 94 did well. 99 showed his flaws and i would not touch this festival unless they bring someone in to supervise and be a consultant....
    Last edited by scoop49er; 08-05-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

alright. let's start creating fake lineups.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I like your style

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    my parents were on the way there in '69, but i guess the traffic was so bad later on that they never made it...
    yea we had to park our 54 ford (the lizard) about 10 miles away from the entrance (at that time it wasnt a free fest yet, seems i always pay the price for tics lol) ... we got a couple of rides, from the venue peeps, and the hike wasnt too bad ... we were just wired for it after going to the Denver Pop Fest and the Atlanta Pop Fest, we hoped it would be special and it was ....

"Michael Lang promoted the original, as well as '94 and '99. I dated two of his daughters in high school" were they cute lol ... remember Chip Monk, his name always cracked me up ....

scoop49, I think you got it pretty well down ... and the the candles, RHCP playing "Fire", accident waiting to happen ....during the bizkit set is when the two (?) girls were raped, there was the pee lake where there was free sex at anytime, slime and shit everywhere yuck .... but hey, i would do the same thing tomorrow .. guess i am a glutton for punishment lol ...x****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

hahaha the part in anthony kiedis' biography about woodstock is great.
    they didn't know about the fires, due to having light in their faces at all times, many performers never got a good look at the crowd. also, they played fire because a relative of hendrix was backstage and requested they play a hendrix song... fire was the only cover they knew.

but fred durst is a jerk

"Michael Lang promoted the original, as well as '94 and '99. I dated two of his daughters in high school" were they cute lol ...
    They were - twins, too. I was definitely dating above my station back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    They were - twins, too. I was definitely dating above my station back then.
    good for you ....x****

pilgram, would you do it all over if you knew what you knew later and couldnt tell anyone anything ... just to do it? i know some of the europe fests are like a cluster fuck every year, and it doesnt stop 80k people ... have you seen their "lakes" covering all the tents and campers ... hard core ....x****

one thing to remember too, people dog most of the groups that were there, even today that wouldnt be a coachella crowd in general, but the groups that did play there, were really hot and popular at the time ... bush, M, LB, alanis, s crow, collective soul for some afternoon music in the grass (yes there was some grass, the kind you lay on ), chemical brothers and fat boy slim, moby b4 he got boreing (in the hanger late nite if i remember right), Korn (yes i was a big korn fan), rhcp and rage of course, .. thats what i remember most, the music, and i was there start to finish (missed last song by rhcp) gee what a novel idea, go to a festival to concentrait on the music ... sorry got on a rant there...x****

I wasn't there, I've only read about it. I'm a young man- in 1999, I was 11. but an experience is an experience- I'd love to have been there. I honestly do believe that what doesn't kill you doesn't necessarily make you stronger, but makes your life bigger. all you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be. I live by those words. I'd love to go back in time and do woodstock any of the years it existed, simply because it was what it was- and if it happens next year, I'll be there, to experience and be a part of whatever it will be

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I wasn't there, I've only read about it. I'm a young man- in 1999, I was 11. but an experience is an experience- I'd love to have been there. I honestly do believe that what doesn't kill you doesn't necessarily make you stronger, but makes your life bigger. all you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be. I live by those words. I'd love to go back in time and do woodstock any of the years it existed, simply because it was what it was- and if it happens next year, I'll be there, to experience and be a part of whatever it will be
    dont know why i thought you said you went, i should have done the math cuz i knew about how old you were ... hammer on the head .... good ideals to go by, what you said ... not saying this is good, but i bet i would remember the worst fest i ever went to more then some perfect one (not coachella because of the heat) .... so there are three of us going now lol ... come on down ....x****

hey ron, honestly, I'd love to attend woodstock 09 with you. at the least, I hope you'll join myself, msparks, and ragepatton in camp switzerland next year.
    I can(t)explain how much I would have loved to have been at every woodstock, both US fests... that's why I love coachella- it's a festival borne out of something other than adherence to the industry machine. it's about a vision for something greater, a desire to translate a feeling...

I was just talking about this with the people that're over; I'd love to work for goldenvoice. anything from accounting to working the main consoles or gripping backstage... it feels like a resurgence of the feeling of 'doing something right' that was around in the latter half of the sixties, only this time, who knows where the high tide mark is

ron I'll be there for sure, I don't care who plays, or what has gone on before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    ron I'll be there for sure, I don't care who plays, or what has gone on before.
    i get all wired for these things then go out and about and forget about em ... if anyone sees anything posted online thru the next 9 months or so, be sure to try and post it here .... peace ... we can have a WS Coachella gang ...x****

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    FSOL for Woodstock!!
    i would SURELY go!!

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    i would SURELY go!!
    hey we are going to have a crew lol ... x****

id love to meet up and hang out, ron.

Banned

i would only consider going if they run it as a modern day festival. sorry not looking for a pee lake or any other crap... make it about the music, have a good site, good layout take care of the grounds and make a commitment to it. and if the lineup is amazing, then i would for sure consider..

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    i watched the entire WS99 on ppv and i sitll have all 65 hrs on vhs tape in a box in the garage..

i just remember thinking that day one seemed really cool and everyone seemed happy and having a good time. when they got to day two they started showing interviews with people who smuggled in booze and full trays of food and all kinds of stuff and i always thought at the time," security must be really relaxed and thats not a good sign but we'll see... then you started to hear reports about people complaining about the prices of food and how all the bathroom were horrbile and notihng was being picked up " back in 99 no one was promoting a clean environment" and i always remembered the main promoter michael lang saying" just get people together and they will figure it out" but what a cluster fuck it became..... by the time limp bizkit came on, it was total chaos.. u would of thought they were the greatest band in the history of music... and fred durst showed his inexperience and had no idea how to control the crowd.... rage played next and delayed their set and turned down the volume but the damage was done.. every camera shot was of a girl up on someone's shoulders and 3 or 4 hands were up feeling her tits. it was not funny at that time. it was becoming sad... then metallica came on and did their thing but by then after watching it, i always felt like" im really glad i did not go to this".. then by day 3 it was just the worst looking festival ever!! other festivals to this day use woodstock 99 as a learning tool on how not to run a festival.. coachella 99 and their reputation would eventually thrive on woodstock 99 mistakes by saying waters would be cheap and the area would be cleaned regularly...

if lang runs this again, id be very worried to go to this.. he has no clue about how to run a modern day festival and never has... it was a fluke that woodstock 69 worked and a even more bigger fluke that 94 did well. 99 showed his flaws and i would not touch this festival unless they bring someone in to supervise and be a consultant....
    You think there is anyway you could go through the tapes and find the Rage set? I would gladly transfer that tape to DVD and then send it back to you. If you're up to it.

id love to meet up and hang out, ron.
    i think Tygerlady is dreading I might say lets go babe .. maybe it will be a guys night out lol ....x****

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    You think there is anyway you could go through the tapes and find the Rage set? I would gladly transfer that tape to DVD and then send it back to you. If you're up to it.
    ill supply the dvd's and pay for the return of the VHS tape. this is a great question and idea menik. fucking awesome.

i think Tygerlady is dreading I might say lets go babe .. maybe it will be a guys night out lol ....x****
    ill call some east coast hookers. bring condoms and an axe.

hey we are going to have a crew lol ... x****

I would love to go. It all depends on my job situation at the time and how much time I'll be able to take off. I'm already planning on going to Coachella and my friend is getting married in either Seattle or Annapolis. And I might be living in Austin at that time. Lots of "ifs" haha. But I would definitely be up for hanging out with people from the board.

i dont know anything about this site, but i signed up (only 848 which might be a bad sign but its early and how many even know this might come about)

http://www.petitiononline.com/wood2009/

x****

ill supply the dvd's and pay for the return of the VHS tape. this is a great question and idea menik. fucking awesome.
    I hope he's up for it. I got a digital converter box to transfer tapes to the PC with firewire, plus I got a bunch of pro programs for editing and authoring DVDs...I'd gladly do it, send the tape back, and create some DVDs to share/mail out. I've always wanted this set (because I remember listening to it live on the FM radio I had out in my cold garage that summer). I still rank Rage's set that night as one of my favorite bootlegs/recordings ever, so to have the full video would be pretty awesome.

Please scooper?

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    i would only consider going if they run it as a modern day festival. sorry not looking for a pee lake or any other crap... make it about the music, have a good site, good layout take care of the grounds and make a commitment to it. and if the lineup is amazing, then i would for sure consider..
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I hope he's up for it. I got a digital converter box to transfer tapes to the PC with firewire, plus I got a bunch of pro programs for editing and authoring DVDs...I'd gladly do it, send the tape back, and create some DVDs to share/mail out. I've always wanted this set (because I remember listening to it live on the FM radio I had out in my cold garage that summer). I still rank Rage's set that night as one of my favorite bootlegs/recordings ever, so to have the full video would be pretty awesome.

Please scooper?
    Great idea Erik. Yeah, I'll give $ contributions too for shipping or whatever.

scooper,

Did you remember if they showed AND if you've taped/recorded Muse set? Please ...?
    Last edited by idrive1life; 08-06-2008 at 11:18 AM.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Muse played Woodstock 99?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Yes. Thats where I discovered/first got to hear them live.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    Yes. Thats where I discovered/first got to hear them live.
    That is awesome. Im guessing they were playing on one of the smaller stages right?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.