Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 118

Thread: Worst band I have ever seen!

  1. #1
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Worst band I have ever seen!

    Last night I went and saw Coheed & Cambria (who were really good by the way) and one of thier openers honestly qualifies as the worst band I've ever seen. Has anyone ever heard of The Secret Machines? It was fucking brutal. They sounded like Nine Inch Nails, if NIN played a show the exact day they learned to play their instruments. Each song had about 2 notes total for 11 minutes. I looked around and everyone had the same annoyed/blank looks on their faces. It actually got to the point where it was so bad that it was funny. My friend and I just looked at each other and started laughing. When the show ended, there was a chorus of boos like I've never heard at a concert.

  2. #2
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    how the fuck does Secret Machines sound anything like NIN?

  3. #3
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Last night I went and saw Coheed & Cambria (who were really good by the way) and one of thier openers honestly qualifies as the worst band I've ever seen. Has anyone ever heard of The Secret Machines? It was fucking brutal. They sounded like Nine Inch Nails, if NIN played a show the exact day they learned to play their instruments. Each song had about 2 notes total for 11 minutes. I looked around and everyone had the same annoyed/blank looks on their faces. It actually got to the point where it was so bad that it was funny. My friend and I just looked at each other and started laughing. When the show ended, there was a chorus of boos like I've never heard at a concert.
    You be on crack. also if you had any sense, Secret Machines have played Coachella....

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,490

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    worst band i've ever seen is the mars volta. my god, MY GOD what crap. i remember my friend steve and i doing laps around america west arena to avoid them before system of a down.

    no redeaming social value was pretty fucking bad too. 3 songs about old e, really?! though they did piss on a toilet and light it on fire, so they had that going for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  5. #5
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,123

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    i'd like to see Secret Machines.

    but, uh, Coheed and Cambria were really good? questionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  6. #6
    Member drowningmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    When the show ended, there was a chorus of boos like I've never heard at a concert.
    That's because you were at a CAC show. CAC fans have no taste, obviously there into CAC.

  7. #7
    Member apostle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,393

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Last night I went and saw Coheed & Cambria (who were really good by the way) and one of thier openers honestly qualifies as the worst band I've ever seen. Has anyone ever heard of The Secret Machines? It was fucking brutal. They sounded like Nine Inch Nails, if NIN played a show the exact day they learned to play their instruments. Each song had about 2 notes total for 11 minutes. I looked around and everyone had the same annoyed/blank looks on their faces. It actually got to the point where it was so bad that it was funny. My friend and I just looked at each other and started laughing. When the show ended, there was a chorus of boos like I've never heard at a concert.

    Seen them live a couple times, they are great. And their fan base is pretty rabid. I wouldn't trust a coheed crowd to appreciate ANYTHING that wasn't a Rush raping wank fest

  8. #8
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    i'd like to see Secret Machines.

    but, uh, Coheed and Cambria were really good? questionable.

    I like about 3 or 4 of their songs on record, but I enjoyed them live.

  9. #9
    Member Derekx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    IE, CA
    Posts
    1,633

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    One of the worst bands I have seen was Coheed and Cambria.

  10. #10
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    how the fuck does Secret Machines sound anything like NIN?

    Well NIN is good, so they don't. But it seemed like they were going for that sound. And maybe I'm confusing Secret Machines and Russian Circles. One of the bands was an all-instrumental band and not bad, the other really wasn't good at all. Maybe they just had an off night? Lol.

  11. #11
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Listing coheed and cambria as 'good' negates any further opinion you might have about music from here on out.

  12. #12
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    andrew bird might be the worst i've ever seen

    edit: I guess TECHNICALLY he's not a band, but you kno what I mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    i second that mars volta opinion

  14. #14
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Listing coheed and cambria as 'good' negates any further opinion you might have about music from here on out.

    They really surprised the hell outta me. I have to be honest. I'm not gonna run home and listen to their cds, but I liked the concert.

  15. #15
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    I would have to imagine that Coheed and Cambrea and System of A Down would both be pretty horrible.

    I liked the Secret Machines song "Nowhere Again".

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,490

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    system of a down is a FUN show. they give 100% the entire time. great showmen
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Well NIN is good, so they don't. But it seemed like they were going for that sound. And maybe I'm confusing Secret Machines and Russian Circles. One of the bands was an all-instrumental band and not bad, the other really wasn't good at all. Maybe they just had an off night? Lol.
    Russian Circles is all instrumental, and they are pretty good. I have not seen the new version of Secret Machines with the new guitarist, but at least the old version kicked major ass. I don't see how they could be bad. Terrible comparison to NIN, as they sound virtually nothing alike.
    For your health

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    system of a down is a FUN show. they give 100% the entire time. great showmen
    Serj's vocals are almost as unbearable as The Mars Volta's. But nothing can touch the musical atrocity that is TMV when you combine the whole package.
    For your health

  19. #19
    Member drowningmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Serj's vocals are almost as unbearable as The Mars Volta's. But nothing can touch the musical atrocity that is TMV when you combine the whole package.
    Amen.

  20. #20
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Russian Circles is all instrumental, and they are pretty good. I have not seen the new version of Secret Machines with the new guitarist, but at least the old version kicked major ass. I don't see how they could be bad. Terrible comparison to NIN, as they sound virtually nothing alike.

    Might be a terrible comparison because I've never heard Secret Machines on record. Every song they played had the same feel off of something from The Fragile, only it wasn't good. The lead singer tried to get all intense and sound like Trent. I'm a big NIN fan and I wouldn't say a band tried to sound like them if I really didn't think they did.
    Last edited by TommyboyUNM; 07-31-2008 at 10:00 AM.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    The Mars Volta is so awful live...i actually like thier albums, but their refusal to stop dicking around and just play real music is just ridiculous.

  22. #22
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Sleater Kinney at Coach 06.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,727

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    worst band i've ever seen is the mars volta. my god, MY GOD what crap. i remember my friend steve and i doing laps around america west arena to avoid them before system of a down.

    no redeaming social value was pretty fucking bad too. 3 songs about old e, really?! though they did piss on a toilet and light it on fire, so they had that going for them.
    Thank you! I saw them open for A Perfect Circle and it was the most agonizing hour ever. Well, either that or seeing Sparta before the Pixies reunion.

    Quote Originally Posted by drowningmatt View Post
    That's because you were at a CAC show. CAC fans have no taste, obviously there into CAC.
    You have the best sig on this board.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  24. #24
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,123

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    peeping tom
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  25. #25
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by 212margarita View Post
    The Mars Volta is so awful live...i actually like thier albums, but their refusal to stop dicking around and just play real music is just ridiculous.

    They were a band that I tried to talk myself into liking and I just couldn't. I can honestly say I kinda like 1 Mars Volta song. It's called Drunkship of Lanterns. These guys I used to work with always told me how great At The Drive-In was and said they are better than TMV and Sparta. If you see video of an ATDI show, it's a fuckin train wreck and not enjoyable.

  26. #26
    Member drowningmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    They were a band that I tried to talk myself into liking and I just couldn't. I can honestly say I kinda like 1 Mars Volta song. It's called Drunkship of Lanterns. These guys I used to work with always told me how great At The Drive-In was and said they are better than TMV and Sparta. If you see video of an ATDI show, it's a fuckin train wreck and not enjoyable.
    You had to see them live, not on youtube. They were absolutly amazing.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Thank you! I saw them open for A Perfect Circle and it was the most agonizing hour ever. Well, either that or seeing Sparta before the Pixies reunion.
    .

    TMV>>>>>>>> Sparta

  28. #28
    old school allyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    somewhere between criminal & tortious
    Posts
    4,309

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    Des Moines Boyz. Hip hop in Iowa. I ran away.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,281

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    First TMV EP >>>>> Sparta
    As TMV's career progressed <<<< Sparta's output*

    *Sparta's CDs weren't that good...

    Random fact of the day: Coheed and Sparta share the same manager. He sometimes tours with either band and he's always wearing cargo shorts.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  30. #30
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Worst band I have ever seen!

    worst band i have ever seen live has to be my morning jacket probably.

Similar Threads

  1. Worst band of the 00's?
    By Boourns in forum Polls
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 09:11 AM
  2. WORST ALL TIME BAND
    By Failed State in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 01:59 AM
  3. WORST ALL TIME BAND?
    By blastyourears in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
  4. Worst band of the 90's?
    By Boourns in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
  5. Best band with the worst lead singer?
    By M Sparks in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 03:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •