Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: mad men

Default Re: mad men

holy shit. i just watched. that was the best episode of Mad Men i've ever seen. i cried. this show just gets exponentially better with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

i've only seen this season, but it's been great so far. can't think of anything else better drama wise on tv. i'll have to rent season 1 & 2 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    holy shit. i just watched. that was the best episode of Mad Men i've ever seen. i cried. this show just gets exponentially better with age.
    Last nights was very good; I so totally didn't get the whole "Roger and old chick" story line. What was the point of that supposed to be?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Last nights was very good; I so totally didn't get the whole "Roger and old chick" story line. What was the point of that supposed to be?
    That he's truly in love now and simply won't cheat on his new wife?

Yeah, but does anyone really care?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    That he's truly in love now and simply won't cheat on his new wife?
    Presumably this will make it all the more meaningful when he cheats with Joan. Or something like that to come.

I couldn't help but think throughout tonight's episode about what Fox News' coverage would be if an attempt were made on President Obama's life or if he were assassinated. Would the likes of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh have the audacity to applaud the assassin or would they actually decry the act?

Can't believe next week's the season finale already.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

I started watching this show not too long ago and I really can't see what the appeal is
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Well no use trying to explain it now. Did you start from the beginning?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Yeah I just don't get why people find it entertaining, a lot of people I know say it's just neat to see how different things were back then. I've seen enough Scorcesse films to have had my fill with men being racist and sexist while always smoking and drinking scotch.
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 11-01-2009 at 10:02 PM.
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Well I would say it's more than that, it's really a soul searching story revolving around the desperate lives of Ad-men in New York City. I do admit it has a touch of vicariousness to it but its necessary to really get involved in the character interplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Well I guess I'll just have to keep watching then

just watching this for this year too, but its nowhere near like watching scorsese films that have men just "being racist and sexist," it's much more than that.
    Last edited by buddy; 11-02-2009 at 11:14 AM.

the more we see joanie and roger in their little talks the more i'm just convinced they were meant for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Yeah I just don't get why people find it entertaining, a lot of people I know say it's just neat to see how different things were back then. I've seen enough Scorcesse films to have had my fill with men being racist and sexist while always smoking and drinking scotch.
    Since when do wops drink scotch?

Fine congac

Huh? What fucking Italians have you ever seen that drink scotch and cognac?

They all drink congac

Where?

midwest I guess

... Italians in the midwest?

There actually is a lot of them I think most are originally from Chicago

In Chicago maybe, where else in the midwest you can reasonably expect to find Italian people I have no idea.

Either way, cognac is not a thing. Like what kind of cognac are you talking about?

St. Paul there is a ton quite a few in Cedar Rapids as well. As for the kind of congac I don't know because I don't drink that shit I just recognize the bottle.

stinkbutt, it's cognac.
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

well you learn something new everyday

Yup. Spelled that way because it's French.

Seriously, what cognac have you ever seen dagos drinking? Courvosier? Hennessey? Anything besides those two wigger staples?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I already said I don't know but just recognized the bottle and the glasses it was drank out of kind of look like brandy snifters.

that was a very good season finale. i can't even tell you how happy i was when joanie walked through the door cause it completely caught me off guard. i actually said out loud, "oh my god! of COURSE they have to hire joanie!" she was like the final piece of the puzzle and i love how highly everyone regards her there, whether they realize it or not. i was a little sad kinsey didn't make the team, but then i thought how boring that would have been if all the big players just up and left. i wouldn't care about the old office anymore. the fact that old SC still has kinsey and cosgrove makes me at least interested in what's going on over there. but the rest of them were such a happy little family. i think this is almost exactly what don needed at the start of the divorce. it shook things up for a second, but looking around that hotel room at the end i think he realized everything was gonna be okay. also i seriously thought he was going to strike betty in their room when he came home drunk. i was sitting there in horror watching that scene go down. it was kind of perfect, actually. he can get freaking scary when he's drunk. i don't think we've ever seen that side of him, have we? and what about hilton? can he come back to sterling, cooper, draper and price? now that they're not under PPL? and wait. so betty's gonna marry politician dude. is he divorced? i thought he was married.

How did you NOT figure that Joan was coming back, especially when they were having the trouble figuring out where everything was and Roger was all, "Hold on a sec, let me go make a phone call"?

I enjoyed the season finale, too. Did we know previously that Don saw his father get killed just feet away from him? It's no wonder he's such an alcoholic. Something like that is sure to fuck you up. (Yeah, yeah, not to mention everything else he'd gone through.) It's weird because Don is such a cad and deserves for Betty to leave him, but I still can't side with her because she's such a selfish, infantile bitch that you sort of understand why he'd sleep around on her. So she took off with the baby and her new man for, what, 6 months and left the kids behind to live with Carla? If that's the case, why did Don have to leave? And besides that, the motherfucker is responsible for everything they have. If I were him, I would've been adamant against leaving.

Kinsey getting left behind was probably good for him. He doesn't seem to belong in the ad world anyway. Same kind of goes for Cosgrove, although he'll probably keep his position with McCann longer since he was so good at it to earn the promotion over Pete.