Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney

Default Re: Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    About paul being a beatle:
    So what? It's not the beatles, it's mccartney.
    Big difference.

I would have to pass on him...and by the way whoever said Paul could top Prince/Waters is completely wrong.
    it's Waters, not Pink Floyd, but many people enjoyed it and will remember it forever.

true McCartney alone can't top Prince/ Waters, but McCartney/ The Who can.

fuck it, the Whotles for Coachella '09!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Too bad all the current music consists of bands that:
    1) have already headlined
    2) aren't big enough to headline
    3) don't deserve to headline
    4) are highly unlikely (reunions, Outkast)
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    What act do you think can top Prince/Waters next year RSW??
    No one.
    That's abundantly clear.

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    it's Waters, not Pink Floyd, but many people enjoyed it and will remember it forever.

true McCartney alone can't top Prince/ Waters, but McCartney/ The Who can.

fuck it, the Whotles for Coachella '09!
    Waters however, had the best stageshow ever at coachella.
    That makes up for a lot of it.

No one.
    That's abundantly clear.
    not even Bowie?? can at least challenge it??

Why do so many people support this it's really lame like super ultra mega lame
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I don't see you proposing anything better.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Sounds good to me, but I've never seen him live, so I can't fully judge this. I'm willing to try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    not even Bowie?? can at least challenge it??
    he could challenge.
    but i highly doubt he would win

get back to work!

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by WastedTime View Post
    Fuck Paul. I never liked him in the first place. Lennon was my hero.
    Lennon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McCartney
    Even in death

Lennon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McCartney
    Even in death
    i disagree.
    i love my pop music.

Bowie seems more better for 09 then Pmac. Thats just it.

Bowie would be more epic but less likely. There's still no sign yet to indicate that he will be performing live again. McCartney is supposedly announcing one later this year.

But ya never know. We'll see what happens in January.

cant wait for january. Idk but im just really curious of who would gv book for the 10 year anniversary.

Too bad all the current music consists of bands that:
    1) have already headlined
    2) aren't big enough to headline
    3) don't deserve to headline
    4) are highly unlikely (reunions, Outkast)
    So true.

I think Paul would be a great choice. I also read a recent interview with Ringo where he said he wants to work with Paul again. Now McCartney concert with Ringo on drums, that would be great. I saw paul his last go around, he put on a great show, granted there wasn't any epic theatrics, just mainly great musicianship and the fact that he is singing some of the most timeless songs of rock history.

But all the crybabies that spend the whole weekend in the dance tent don't want him to play because he actually stayed famous for more than 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by theripped View Post
    So true.

I think Paul would be a great choice. I also read a recent interview with Ringo where he said he wants to work with Paul again. Now McCartney concert with Ringo on drums, that would be great. I saw paul his last go around, he put on a great show, granted there wasn't any epic theatrics, just mainly great musicianship and the fact that he is singing some of the most timeless songs of rock history.
    oh hell yeah
    if ringo jumped on with paul?

mind blowing
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags.

Default Paul McCartney ON NOTICE Wednesday!

from Billboard.com
    ------
    Paul McCartney will appear on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" tomorrow (Jan. 28), his only scheduled U.S. late-night appearance in support of "Electric Arguments," the 2008 album he recorded as the Fireman with producer/musician Youth.

"Colbert" is making a name for itself in the music landscape. "A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All!" a holiday special featuring Willie Nelson and Elvis Costello, drew 2.3 million viewers; recent guests on the talk show also have included Neil Young, Tony Bennett, Rush and R.E.M.

McCartney has been rumored as one of the headliners for the upcoming Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., the lineup for which could be announced before the end of the day.

As reported yesterday, he will also perform next weekend on the Grammys with Dave Grohl on drums and at an April 4 benefit for the David Lynch Foundation at New York's Radio City Music Hall.
    Last edited by neverclever; 01-27-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: inserted article
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Default Re: Paul McCartney ON NOTICE Wednesday!

I wanna talk about how rad McCartney II is

but no one cares

Default Re: Paul McCartney ON NOTICE Wednesday!

is colbert holding our lineup?

i'd go

the lineup for which could be announced before the end of the day.

the only interesting thing mentioned

hope its true
    as predicted by nostradamus

It won't be announced today.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

March 1st.

Memorial_07

don't fuckin' lie

April 16.

Quote Originally Posted by WastedTime View Post
    Im just poking my head in during break but.... I would debate Bowie/Yes, maybe not in prestige(well possibly that too), but without question in performance.
    I would attend both Bowie and Yes
    Coachella '08.... I did see Prince's show (and poked my head in at Above and Beyond, even though they were cut short while their 200 fan crowd chanted "EDC." ....a valiant effort)
    And the moments of waters that I saw were just as bad as his show at the Hollywood bowl in 2007... my time at the Hollywood Bowl in 2007 was spent attempting to get a refund for my ticket....which obviously was unsuccessful (although I have succeeded before.) Although my Bowie/Yes hope is again considering ONLY those who spend most of their time in their golf cart complaining about how music now days is terrible (huh, surprised I didn't recommend Bob Dylan.)

But If you all shout at me for saying Elton John, or Simon and Garfunkel, for the acts that would add prestige, then I say Fuck Paul. I never liked him in the first place. Lennon was my hero.
    Wow. What drivel. Do us all a favor sir and drive your golf cart off a cliff. You're a piece of shit and I'm certain that John Lennon agrees.

Paul McCartney headlining would be amazing. A year or so ago he played at Amoeba. People got in line like 2 days early for wristbands so of course I wasn't getting one. I rolled up right before he started playing and stood across the street in front of the jack in the box. They opened the doors so you could hear, and the whole wall is glass so we could see him playing as well. Even standing across Sunset Blvd with tons of cars and buses driving between us, every person on our corner was so sublimely happy the whole time singing along. McCartney is one of those headliners who just makes everyone forget everything else going on and totally get into the moment. Like Portishead was for me last year. Nothing else is going on in the world except right there on the field in front of the main stage. I really really hope he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Thumbs down Re: Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    You guys ARE aware that there's such a thing as current music, right?

Like, new stuff? Written in our time? Not our parents' music? They already had their time with music festivals? Perhaps we should have ours instead of all stepping aside to beckon selections from mom and dad's LP collection to headline Coachella?

Maybe?
    god what a steam load of horse shit

yes, paul mccartney, david bowie, lou reed, the Rolling Stones, stevie wonder, neil young to name a few would be such awful choices to headline a music festival cause our parents listened to it.
    It's not like they wrote any good songs or influenced the artists we are currently fans of. and I'm sure they all sound terrible live, with lazy production. I'm sure people would fly from all over the world to see currently huge artists like Kanye West, Linkin Park, and Kid Rock headline Coachella.

Music from that era is still popular today for a reason. Cause it was fucking good and clearly younger people still have a desire to see these acts. Let's think 20 years from now. Next generation will not be able to see any of these acts. When your 15 year old throws on "Sgt Pepper" or "Low" and asks if you have ever seen Bowie or a Beatle live, I'm sure you'll be happy to tell them you were watching some hipster in hot pants bang on a drum and scream gibberish while they were on.

when the time is right our "current" great bands will headline. Arcade Fire, Sigur Ros, Wilco among others will step up when it's that time. But while we still have some of the greatest acts in music history with us, how could you complain if they headline a night?
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    yes, paul mccartney, david bowie, lou reed, the Rolling Stones, stevie wonder, neil young to name a few would be such awful choices to headline a music festival cause our parents listened to it.
    It's not like they wrote any good songs or influenced the artists we are currently fans of.
    yeah they wrote good music... back in the 60s
    they are not writing anything worthwhile in this decade so why should they be headlining festivals?

of course there are exceptions.. if you are capable of still bringing it, then bring it. (waters, prince, bowie)

but fuck mccartney

its a different thing with depeche mode or the smiths or any other 80s band, cause it was 20 years a go, theyre not that old. but almost 40 years a go. they should just give it a rest
    as predicted by nostradamus