Page 565 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 560561562563564565566567568569570 ... LastLast
Results 16,921 to 16,950 of 37170

Thread: The Post Your Picture Thread

  1. #16921
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,558

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Thanks Ivy. That was like watching kids poking dog shit with a stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  2. #16922
    The Dude CalmerThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snuggieville
    Posts
    7,360

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    That's one of my best friends, and my other best friends chick.

    HOMEY DONT PLAY THAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

  3. #16923
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    And before you go over to the new thread for discussin', pay the piper and post pictures of you in Hawaii, college, not in college, thinking, knowing, not knowing, believing and not believing.
    Last edited by ivankay; 02-27-2009 at 01:54 PM.

  4. #16924
    The Dude CalmerThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snuggieville
    Posts
    7,360

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Thanks Ivy. That was like watching kids poking dog shit with a stick.
    ahh, you too could have some of your very own one day
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

  5. #16925
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    As someone who has a graduate degree and taught undergraduates for a period of time, I have given a fair amount of thought to the value of education and its correlation to intelligence.

    I think what's tripping up quite a few of you in this thread is that you have no specific, concrete definition of intelligence. Surely, someone who is able to perform well academically exhibits a certain type of intelligence, but it may not be the same type of intelligence as someone who exhibits street smarts. Howard Gardner's theory on multiple intelligences has been quite influential in my own thinking on what it means to be "smart."

    Higher education teaches a very specific set of academic-related skills. These skills may or may not be applicable in the real world after graduation, largely dependent on the type of education you receive and the type of job you choose. I tend to advocate a liberal arts undergraduate experience, because it emphasizes critical thought process (which I believe is highly useful throughout life) over pre-professional training, but that's a personal choice. In any case, a college-educated person is nearly always going to finish the experience with increased fluency in the specific set of academic-related skills taught to them. Whether or not this counts as an increased intelligence is dependent on your definition of intelligence.

    As to the question of whether the average college-educated person is more intelligent than the non-college educated person, that's trickier to say. My gut says that yes, the average college-educated person is probably more intelligent, given that being (a certain kind of book-)smart makes K-12 school easier which would mean you might be more encouraged to go to college. However, I think that there are certainly outliers who are too smart for their educational setting to handle, who would be bored and less likely to seek out higher education. I also think that there are lots of people who are all different kinds of "smart" in ways unrecognized by the traditional educational system.

  6. #16926
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,584

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread



    It's BeerThirty
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  7. #16927
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,587

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Thanks Ivy. That was like watching kids poking dog shit with a stick.
    except when watching that, its likely one will throw it at the other.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  8. #16928
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,558

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    ahh, you too could have some of your very own one day
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  9. #16929
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,558

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    except when watching that, its likely one will throw it at the other.
    God, what kind of friends did you have as a kid?
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  10. #16930
    The Dude CalmerThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snuggieville
    Posts
    7,360

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Me wielding my infinitely magical Dora the Explorer Scepter in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

  11. #16931
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,558

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post


    It's BeerThirty
    ....that beer looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  12. #16932
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,639

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Speaking of college.....me on halloween a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  13. #16933
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,569

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    And before you go over to the new thread for discussin', pay the piper and post pictures of you in Hawaii, college, not in college, thinking, knowing, not knowing, believing and not believing.
    Here's me not knowing
    Kaaaaast

  14. #16934
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,584

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    ....that beer looks good.
    Kona Microbrewery in Oahu. I am pretty sure the one in my hand was a Longboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  15. #16935
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,587

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    As someone who has a graduate degree and taught undergraduates for a period of time, I have given a fair amount of thought to the value of education and its correlation to intelligence.

    I think what's tripping up quite a few of you in this thread is that you have no specific, concrete definition of intelligence. Surely, someone who is able to perform well academically exhibits a certain type of intelligence, but it may not be the same type of intelligence as someone who exhibits street smarts. Howard Gardner's theory on multiple intelligences has been quite influential in my own thinking on what it means to be "smart."

    Higher education teaches a very specific set of academic-related skills. These skills may or may not be applicable in the real world after graduation, largely dependent on the type of education you receive and the type of job you choose. I tend to advocate a liberal arts undergraduate experience, because it emphasizes critical thought process (which I believe is highly useful throughout life) over pre-professional training, but that's a personal choice. In any case, a college-educated person is nearly always going to finish the experience with increased fluency in the specific set of academic-related skills taught to them. Whether or not this counts as an increased intelligence is dependent on your definition of intelligence.

    As to the question of whether the average college-educated person is more intelligent than the non-college educated person, that's trickier to say. My gut says that yes, the average college-educated person is probably more intelligent, given that being (a certain kind of book-)smart makes K-12 school easier which would mean you might be more encouraged to go to college. However, I think that there are certainly outliers who are too smart for their educational setting to handle, who would be bored and less likely to seek out higher education. I also think that there are lots of people who are all different kinds of "smart" in ways unrecognized by the traditional educational system.
    i would like to claim this as my new sig. being that its too long, i wont actually make it my sig., but i just wanted you all to know that it is.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  16. #16936
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,587

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Here's me not knowing
    where that awesome roll of paper towels that was in the last picture?
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  17. #16937
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,639

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    No offense, but I think Longboard is probably one of the worst beers I've ever had.

    I prefer lost coast and stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  18. #16938
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,558

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Speaking of college.....me on halloween a few years ago.
    haaahaaa Bob Ross.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  19. #16939
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,639

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    haaahaaa Bob Ross.
    LOL i'm glad you know who that is.

    You'd be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  20. #16940
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,558

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    No offense, but I think Longboard is probably one of the worst beers I've ever had.

    I prefer lost coast and stone.
    I think I had some Longboard before. I don't remember if I liked it or not. In any case, it looks reddish.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  21. #16941
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,587

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    God, what kind of friends did you have as a kid?


    some of my friends stole my bike. they went to detention homes. morans.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  22. #16942
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,569

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    where that awesome roll of paper towels that was in the last picture?
    I fapped
    Kaaaaast

  23. #16943
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    ....that beer looks good.
    That's because it is. Kona Brewery is excellent!
    For your health

  24. #16944
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,584

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    No offense, but I think Longboard is probably one of the worst beers I've ever had.

    I prefer lost coast and stone.
    I preferred the darker one myself, I can't remember the name now though. I just remember drinking alot of longboards while there, along with alot of Mai Tais. I am not usually an umbrella in the drink kind of girl but it's Hawaii.

    OK one last photo and I am off work and on my way to beer.

    This is my favorite spot in Oahu, this was the back yard of the house we rented in North Shore, I may have posted this before but I am trying to avoid being the non photo poster.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  25. #16945
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,587

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    kids these days and their new slang words.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  26. #16946
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I preferred the darker one myself, I can't remember the name now though.
    Perhaps you are talking about the Pipeline Porter, which is my favorite beer.
    For your health

  27. #16947
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post

  28. #16948
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,584

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Yes, that is it. I prefer darker beers usually anyway, and I have found that Reds give me a headache the next day. But Rogue Hazelnut Brown will continue to be my favorite for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  29. #16949
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,639

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    I love hops. IPA's, pale ales. MMMMMMMMM
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  30. #16950
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,175

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    pretty pic

    and i love the bob ross!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Similar Threads

  1. First post, first time...HELP!
    By ThomThom in forum Questions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
  2. Post-Recreational Paranoia is the Sport of Now
    By full on idle in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
  3. WTF Where did my for sale post go???
    By renegadeoffunk in forum Passes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 10:38 AM
  4. Coachella '07 mp3 post
    By hangthedj112 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •