Page 563 of 1242 FirstFirst ... 558559560561562563564565566567568 ... LastLast
Results 16,861 to 16,890 of 37234

Thread: The Post Your Picture Thread

  1. #16861
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,129

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Yeah, but can you explain that using only pictures of Win Butler and Chris Martin?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  2. #16862
    Member zajaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    silverlake
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    I'm proud of having a GED because it helped me avoid dealing with jerkoffs who go around spouting uninterpretable pseudo-intellectual babble, like yourself.
    boasting about not having gone to college is fucking stupid.

  3. #16863
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Kauai has to be my favorite island. I have been to Maui, Oahu and Kauai, alot of people say Maui is better because it is more of the party island but I can party anywhere, Kauai is just beautiful, and less tourists then the other two islands. Although being afraid of birds all the wild roosters freaked me out a bit.
    Kauai was definitely more my style than any other island. I did my research before travelling there, and knew what to expect with all the wild chickens/roosters. Stayed in a little condo on Poipu Beach. Fresh mango trees all around us dropping their fruit. Tropical birds eating mangos in the early morning sunlight. The quick rainshowers that would hit and leave within 5 minutes. Shave Ice at JoJo's. Kalua pork in Waimea.

    Goddamnit...I wanna go back.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  4. #16864
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,776

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    OMG Kalua Pork in Waimea was one of my favorites. Although my first trip we did stay at North Shore Oahu, which was pretty sweet too. There was a little shack up there called Killer Tacos and they made Kalua Pork tacos and burritos. They were so fuckin good. I plan on going back sometime soon. I have never felt more relaxed then the time spent in Hawaii.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  5. #16865
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post

  6. #16866
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    So, to sum it all up, Chris Martin and Win Butler were talking about what it means to be agnostic then started personally attacking each other and went to Hawaii? I love this thread.



    (Randy and BlackSwan, I'm actually interested in your banter. Proceed.)

  7. #16867
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,680

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    boasting about not having gone to college is fucking stupid.
    boasting about going to college is kind of dumb too. It's about the intelligence not the diploma.

    /devil's advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  8. #16868
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,776

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Agreed...

    coming from a non college person with a GED.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  9. #16869
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    OMG Kalua Pork in Waimea was one of my favorites. Although my first trip we did stay at North Shore Oahu, which was pretty sweet too. There was a little shack up there called Killer Tacos and they made Kalua Pork tacos and burritos. They were so fuckin good. I plan on going back sometime soon. I have never felt more relaxed then the time spent in Hawaii.
    You should try San Felipe Mexico some time. Relaxing like Hawaii, but MUCH LESS expensive. It's like a desert version of Hawaii...but don't drink the water.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  10. #16870
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,776

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Water is the last thing I think about drinking while on vacation.

    I have never been to Mexico. My ex was from Ixtapa and he always promised to take me there but we never made it. I would like to go sometime though. But Hawaii will always hold a special place in my heart. I also am a huge fan of NYC but for completely different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  11. #16871
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    So, to sum it all up, Chris Martin and Win Butler were talking about what it means to be agnostic
    This bit is weirdly plausible, but dammit man, USE THE PICTURES.

  12. #16872
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,129

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  13. #16873
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    This bit is weirdly plausible, but dammit man, USE THE PICTURES.

    I'm at work. I do what I can while I hide the browser from people walking behind me

  14. #16874
    Member zajaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    silverlake
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    boasting about going to college is kind of dumb too. It's about the intelligence not the diploma.

    /devil's advocate
    granted. but college is about more than just gaining intelligence. it's four incredibly important, formative years in the lives of young adults. school is not for everyone, but i would say the more people who achieve higher education, the better.

    irritating positions:
    "i don't need 'book-smarts', i have real-world knowledge"
    "you won't learn _______ at your fancy college..."
    etc.

  15. #16875
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,776

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    There was a comic once that said something about spending thousands of dollars to send their kid to a university and he came back only knowing how to bounce a quarter in a glass. I know people with four year degrees who can't get jobs and when they do make less money then I do. It just depends on the person and the motivation.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  16. #16876
    Member zajaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    silverlake
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    There was a comic once that said something about spending thousands of dollars to send their kid to a university and he came back only knowing how to bounce a quarter in a glass. I know people with four year degrees who can't get jobs and when they do make less money then I do. It just depends on the person and the motivation.
    Eventually making a ton of cash is definitely not the point of going to college. Although for some people that's the only goal. It's a shame.

  17. #16877
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,680

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    granted. but college is about more than just gaining intelligence. it's four incredibly important, formative years in the lives of young adults. school is not for everyone, but i would say the more people who achieve higher education, the better.

    irritating positions:
    "i don't need 'book-smarts', i have real-world knowledge"
    "you won't learn _______ at your fancy college..."
    etc.
    Yeah I understand that. I am actually enrolled in college. I am just saying how those are irritating positions to you so is
    "What do you mean you're not going to school? You need college"
    "You won't be successful without some form of education"
    "I graduated from ______ university which means I know more than you"
    That's all I'm saying
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  18. #16878
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    you guys seem pretty . . . true to your schools.

  19. #16879
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    It just depends on the person and the motivation.
    There we go.
    .

  20. #16880
    Member zajaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    silverlake
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Yeah I understand that. I am actually enrolled in college. I am just saying how those are irritating positions to you so is
    "What do you mean you're not going to school? You need college"
    "You won't be successful without some form of education"
    "I graduated from ______ university which means I know more than you"
    That's all I'm saying
    well the first two of those are said by people trying to encourage others, which i see as a good thing, even at the risk of being misinterpreted as being condescending. the third one is obviously rude and unnecessary, but in many cases it's probably true.

    the anti-college positions i pointed out are terrible because they come from a position of ignorance, since the person hasn't been to college and cannot judge, and secondly because they seem very defensive, like the person actually feels inferior for not completing higher education, so they turn it around on those who actually made the effort and achieved it.

  21. #16881
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,776

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    I do not feel inferior by any means, although it seems you feel a little superior in your arguement. Some people don't have the option of going to a 4 year college and do the best they can with what they have. Someone with such a high education should probably recognize that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  22. #16882
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post

  23. #16883
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,981

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Hahaha I had no idea there was so much hate for the arcade fire out there.

    I don't listen to their music but they were pretty good in 07.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  24. #16884
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,680

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    well the first two of those are said by people trying to encourage others, which i see as a good thing, even at the risk of being misinterpreted as being condescending. the third one is obviously rude and unnecessary, but in many cases it's probably true.

    the anti-college positions i pointed out are terrible because they come from a position of ignorance, since the person hasn't been to college and cannot judge, and secondly because they seem very defensive, like the person actually feels inferior for not completing higher education, so they turn it around on those who actually made the effort and achieved it.
    ok the 1st are not encouraging because you're assuming whats good for you is good for everyone else. If I go the route I want to go without heading through college then what's the point for college. You obviously think college is/was necessary for you and I do as well. But it isn't some out of this world idea that maybe some people can bypass college and be successful.

    And I don't know how you can defend the 3rd statement. I can find someone who didn't go to college who is smarter a lot of college graduates. It isn't some crazy Matt Damon janitor success story either I'm talking regular people. The statement "I went to college and am smarter than you because of it" is just as ignorant as "I didn't go to college and I'm smarter than you because of it"

    And you seem more defensive as if you think your diploma makes you smarter and someone saying it doesn't takes away from your college experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  25. #16885
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Hahaha I had no idea there was so much hate for the arcade fire out there.

    I don't listen to their music but they were pretty good in 07.

    Arcade Fire cannot generate hate. Only greater or lesser degrees of love.

    That's just their way. They're Canadian.

  26. #16886
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,129

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Arcade Fire cannot generate hate. Only greater or lesser degrees of love.

    That's just their way. They're Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  27. #16887
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    well the first two of those are said by people trying to encourage others, which i see as a good thing, even at the risk of being misinterpreted as being condescending.
    I'd say they first two are not very convincing and inaccurate before condescending.
    .

  28. #16888
    Member zajaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    silverlake
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I do not feel inferior by any means, although it seems you feel a little superior in your arguement. Some people don't have the option of going to a 4 year college and do the best they can with what they have. Someone with such a high education should probably recognize that.
    oh well i don't mean you in particular, i'm speaking in general.

    i imagine there are legit circumstances that make it difficult for people to go to college... but if it's a matter of income, i do not understand, because grants, loans and scholarships are always available. if it's a matter of poor grades in high school, i really can't sympathize.

  29. #16889
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,659

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    So, to sum it all up, Chris Martin and Win Butler were talking about what it means to be agnostic then started personally attacking each other and went to Hawaii? I love this thread.
    (Randy and BlackSwan, I'm actually interested in your banter. Proceed.)
    But, Tommyboy, this is not the banter thread, so... It looks as if someone has to try and get this thread back on track...

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I do not feel inferior by any means, although it seems you feel a little superior in your arguement. Some people don't have the option of going to a 4 year college and do the best they can with what they have. Someone with such a high education should probably recognize that.
    I R not college graduate and R best I can B...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  30. #16890
    Member zajaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    silverlake
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    ok the 1st are not encouraging because you're assuming whats good for you is good for everyone else. If I go the route I want to go without heading through college then what's the point for college. You obviously think college is/was necessary for you and I do as well. But it isn't some out of this world idea that maybe some people can bypass college and be successful.

    And I don't know how you can defend the 3rd statement. I can find someone who didn't go to college who is smarter a lot of college graduates. It isn't some crazy Matt Damon janitor success story either I'm talking regular people. The statement "I went to college and am smarter than you because of it" is just as ignorant as "I didn't go to college and I'm smarter than you because of it"

    And you seem more defensive as if you think your diploma makes you smarter and someone saying it doesn't takes away from your college experience.
    the notion that the average college graduate is smarter/more intelligent/etc than the average person who did not attend college is not ignorant or indefensible... it's common sense. it's not very 'nice' but it's reality: some people are smarter than others, better at certain things than others, etc. i believe in treating people equally regardless, but if you want to get down to it then sorry but the average person is smarter for going to college.

    i personally don't feel like anyone is 'taking away from my college experience'. that is one thing that no one can take away. i just really wanted to offer a protest against this common attitude of putting down college. perhaps i should not speculate that it comes from 'inferiority' like i said, maybe that is unfair. but either way, i think it's just bad advice to discourage people in their educational aspirations.

Similar Threads

  1. First post, first time...HELP!
    By ThomThom in forum Questions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
  2. Post-Recreational Paranoia is the Sport of Now
    By full on idle in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
  3. WTF Where did my for sale post go???
    By renegadeoffunk in forum Passes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 10:38 AM
  4. Coachella '07 mp3 post
    By hangthedj112 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •