Page 1158 of 1242 FirstFirst ... 11531154115511561157115811591160116111621163 ... LastLast
Results 34,711 to 34,740 of 37234

Thread: The Post Your Picture Thread

Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

Of course, we probably won't need to worry about our troops much in the near future, as our flying death robots will increasingly take on most duties that involve killing enemies/innocent civilians.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Randy, do you really think most of those kids think it that far through? It's not as though you can't choose what you do when you're in, just like you can choose jail or go along with getting drafted you can choose who you shoot or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I'm sure most murderers "didn't think it through." That does not absolve you of guilt. Yes, to some extent you can choose what you do once you're involved, but where does guilt stop? So let's say he signs up for a part of service that doesn't involve murder. Maybe he's in intel or some shit, and he just follows orders to find out where the following five people live. He finds out, hands over the intel. Then the people in those five houses are murdered and let's assume it's unjust. Did he kill them? No. Is he implicit in their death because he volunteered to be part of a war machine? Yes. Anyone who participates is somehow helping the effort which makes them morally accountable.

It's not a complicated answer: stop volunteering for shit until you know what you're fighting for.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ASVP Piccolo View Post
    Attachment 9457 Chilling in the turret at Drill this weekend. It was freaking COLD.

Thank you for putting yourself in a potentially life threatening situation so we can all talk shit about you and act like we're better people for not volunteering to do the same.
    Last edited by marooko; 02-11-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'd just like to thank you for being an attractive male. we need more of that on the board to oogle, morally bankrupt or no.

also, sean's baby, AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Anyone who participates is somehow helping the effort which makes them morally accountable.
    Have you paid taxes? And thus helped fund the war machine?

It's not as clear cut as you're making it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

And yay baby Shay! AWWWWWWW!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

RotationSlimThoreau
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Have you paid taxes? And thus helped fund the war machine?

It's not as clear cut as you're making it out to be.
    Frankly, no, not recently. And I feel like that's a catchall analogy that doesn't really hold up.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

So I'm not allowed to thank someone for serving in the military?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Thank all you want, FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

You can do whatever you want, but what you're doing makes no sense.

To you.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

To anyone who actually examines the nature of things instead of blindly thanking jerkoffs who are part of the reason the world is shitty, yes.

I just wanna thank suicide bombers... Oh wait, that doesn't make any sense, does it. Explain to me why that doesn't make any sense? Why should I care differently who's killing a bunch of people on the other side of the world? Why is it a thank-worthy thing for an American to travel thousands of miles to go do, but it's something deserving of scorn when it's a native to the area doing it?

That's one thought.

Iím going to keep thanking them, just like I wash my hands after using the restroom. It was the way I was raised. Backwards maybe, be it makes me happy.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Is there any non-military murder you'd like to express a personal fondness for?

Ted Bundy was pretty good at it. Quite a thinker.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

VigoTheCarpathian

I just wanna thank suicide bombers... Oh wait, that doesn't make any sense, does it. Explain to me why that doesn't make any sense? Why should I care differently who's killing a bunch of people on the other side of the world? Why is it a thank-worthy thing for an American to travel thousands of miles to go do, but it's something deserving of scorn when it's a native to the area doing it?
    So, there is no moral distinction between a man who intentionally and enthusiastically murders innocent people and one who does so reluctantly and by consequence of preventing greater tragedy?

I took the bait just for shit and giggles, you really want to know. Now your asking for it.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

I think there's something a bit more respectable about knowing exactly what the consequences of your actions are going to be and accepting it. You bear the moral responsibility yourself, you will be appropriately accountable to your higher power. They believe in a cause and they're willing to demonstrate that they believe in it so much they will die for their principles. Somehow that's less offensive to me than a kid who ends up killing the same but in the name of some half-assed nationalism, or even worse just to get job training and pay for your college.

VigoTheCarpathian

Fair point, but the utmost responsibility of the negative consequences of an unjust war certainly do not fall on the young underclass seeking opportunity from an opportunistic government which sends them off to war. This is similar to blaming the economic ills of this nation on subsidies to immigrant babies.
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 02-11-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: shpelling

No, it's similar to blaming the economic ills of the nation on the stupid mortgages and credit card debt that everyone ran up. Which is valid. Because it's their fucking fault too.

The utmost responsibility falls to the person who DID the thing. Giving the order to do something is one kind of moral responsibility. Being the hammer that blindly executes the will of the hammer-wielder and enables them to execute who they want is another kind of responsibility, and it's possibly worse.

That's a value system alright. There are worse places to live.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

VigoTheCarpathian

So then what is the iniquitous cleavage between a man who does conscious but arguably justifiable evil and one who follows suite by means of little capacity to reason about the moral consequences of his submission?

Could you rephrase that question using groups of words that make sense?

LOL
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

The things we take for granted.

I'm sure most murderers "didn't think it through." That does not absolve you of guilt. Yes, to some extent you can choose what you do once you're involved, but where does guilt stop? So let's say he signs up for a part of service that doesn't involve murder. Maybe he's in intel or some shit, and he just follows orders to find out where the following five people live. He finds out, hands over the intel. Then the people in those five houses are murdered and let's assume it's unjust. Did he kill them? No. Is he implicit in their death because he volunteered to be part of a war machine? Yes. Anyone who participates is somehow helping the effort which makes them morally accountable.

It's not a complicated answer: stop volunteering for shit until you know what you're fighting for.
    Last time I checked, you don't know me, and you most certainly don't know the reasons why I chose to serve my country. Allow me enlighten you:

I come from a family of service members. My grandfather served for 25 years. My father, for 12. My sister is currently serving, and is in her 8th year as a Security Forces Airman in the United States Air Force. I am of Japanese decent, on my Mother's side (I 25%, my Mother, half, my grandmother, full, obviously), and while yes, I am mostly black, I embrace coming from a long lineage of confirmed Japanese warriors. The Buishido code of chivalry is prominent in my life, as I base my morals around its tenets.

When I was 17, I joined the United States Army as a Military Police Soldier and signed a blank check to Uncle Sam for up to and including my life. For me, it is honor and a priveledge to carry on my family's tradition. I love my country. Do we as a nation have our faults? Absolutely. Do I always agree with our imperialistic nature? Absolutely not. But for me, giving back to the country that has allowed me to live a seamlessly carefree life is the least I can do. These are my reasons why I chose to serve my country, and my feelings were just as concrete and strong at 17 as they are now at 20.

I know damn well what I'm fighting for. I fight for those I love, and their ability to express the freedoms we are granted as United States citizens. I fight to carry on the spirits of the two brothers I lost in Afghanistan last year. I fight so others won't have to. You are entitled to your opinions, and you may judge me accordingly, but as you have your reasons for opposing war, I have my reasons for supporting it. As a Soldier of the National Guard, the military is only half of my life. Like any other civillian, I go to college, work a full-time job, and run my own production company. Call me a murderer. Tell me my morality is skewed. I will not falter in my beliefs because of your ignorance. Honestly, I don't understand what made you go out of your away to attack me. I did not insult you, I posted a picture of myself enjoying the job I signed up for. That's all. If attacking strangers on the internet gets you off, then so be it, but don't insult someone without having the slightest hint of who they are or where they came from.