Results 18,571 to 18,600 of 18647

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

will the browns ever win a superbowl? gawdd

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    will the browns ever win a superbowl? gawdd
    Probably not next year without their pot-head star WR:

Josh Gordon reportedly facing up to a year-long suspension for positive drug test
    AFC NORTH, CLEVELAND BROWNS
    BY CHRIS BURKE

No news may bring Cleveland Browns fans all the way down from the excitement of landing Johnny Manziel in the 2014 NFL draft, but the team’s latest development may temper their reaction a bit.

Star wide receiver Josh Gordon is facing up to a year-long ban from the NFL for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy, according to a report from ESPN’s Outside the Lines. Fox Sports’ Mike Garafolo says that Gordon is hoping to get the ban reduced to four to six games. According to ESPN, Gordon tested positive for marijuana, his second offense under the NFL’s program — last year he was suspended for two games and docked two additional game checks for a similar misstep.

Gordon’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told Outside the Lines that the allegation was “not true.”

The 23-year-old Gordon exploded into stardom last season, his second with Cleveland. He finished the 2013 campaign with 87 catches for an NFL-best 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns, numbers that earned him both a Pro Bowl invite and a first-team All-Pro honor.

Cleveland entered the draft seemingly in need of at least one more receiver to pair with Gordon in its offense, which now looks as if it will be Manziel-led. The Browns did add Andrew Hawkins from the Bengals earlier this offseason, as well as ex-Lion Nate Burleson in free agency; Greg Little and Travis Benjamin also return. None of those players is even in Gordon’s vicinity in terms of talent or production.

It is a safe bet, though, that the Browns were aware of Gordon’s pending situation with the league headed into this draft — one that happens to be rich with wide receivers, even after multiple players were chosen at that position in Round 1. The Browns hold the third pick in Round 2 (No. 35 overall), as well as five other selections over the duration of the draft.

At least one, and possibly more, of those spots figures to be reserved for a wide receiver. Most interesting there? The Browns had a clean shot at either Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans with the No. 4 pick on Thursday night, but instead opted to trade down with Buffalo — which came up from No. 9 to draft Watkins, in exchange for 2015 first- and fourth-round picks.

Gordon was suspended indefinitely from Baylor before the 2011 season following an arrest for marijuana, and declared for the supplemental draft shortly thereafter. The Browns forfeited a 2013 second-round pick to nab Gordon in the supplemental draft, and he said then that he had learned from his mistakes.

“Despite everything I’ve been through, despite being a kid with a spotty background, the Cleveland Browns stuck their neck out and risked taking me and put their faith and belief in me, and I won’t let them down,” Gordon told Doug Farrar. “I’m grateful, and I know I can’t go back to being the person I used to be.”

He rewarded the Browns’ faith immediately, catching 50 passes as a rookie before skyrocketing last season. With Manziel headed to Cleveland and the addition of new offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, the stage was set for Gordon to solidify his status as one of the NFL’s most productive receivers.

Instead, he may miss the entirety of the upcoming season, a devastating blow both to his development as a player and to the Browns’ chances of ascending in the AFC North.

Nate Burleson broke his arm too. God hates Cleveland.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Thanks for Brandin Cooks, Cardinals!
    Your team gave up a 3rd round draft pick to move up 7 spots in the draft to select a 5'10" player, and you're gloating?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Logan Thomas. Do your magic, Arians! Also, bummed that Cards didn't get Bradford.
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Your team gave up a 3rd round draft pick to move up 7 spots in the draft to select a 5'10" player, and you're gloating?
    You would be too.

The less supre knows about something, the more snide he is.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

could care less about the Cleveland Shitstains, but it's pretty fucking lame the NFL is banning players a year for marijuana. Haven't we gone past that yet?

The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    could care less about the Cleveland Shitstains, but it's pretty fucking lame the NFL is banning players a year for marijuana. Haven't we gone past that yet?

Blackmon's career is probably over because of it.

And when he was playing he was usually pretty productive.

Is that why the Jags are dumping him? Bah. He was awesome with some monster, borderline legendary games last year. Legalize it.

7/1 - Deafheaven @ The Casbah
    7/11 - Cloud Nothings @ Soda Bar
    7/19 - Wolves In The Throne Room @ Che Cafe
    8/5 - Arcade Fire, Spoon, Dan Deacon @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/21 - NIN, Soundgarden, Death Grips @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/22 - Future Islands @ Irenic
    8/23~24 - FYF

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I'm just thrilled Dallas didn't fuck up their picks this year. Nice to see them attempting to fix our defense.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm just thrilled Dallas didn't fuck up their picks this year. Nice to see them attempting to fix our defense.
    They almost did... The Falcons were ready to take Demarcus Lawrence, which is why we had to overpay a division rival to trade up and swipe him before Atlanta. That was a close one and would have potentially left Dallas without a replacement for Ware. I love the Martin pick at 16, was praying they didn't scratch the seat filling itch of Manziel. Good moves this year.

Best draft grade overall has to go to Minnesota, they really fucked shit up this year. We should have never let Mike Zimmer leave Dallas.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    You know what's more stupid than the marijuana laws?

Blowing a multimillion dollar career cuz you are too fucking stupid to follow them.

That blocking Tight End your boys took in the second round can't even take two breaths in 4.33 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    We should have never let Mike Zimmer leave Cincinnati.
    Fixed that for my people as well.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Yeah, Brandin Cooks is going to be a nightmare for secondaries to match up against... Great pick by the Saints. They were probably the most surprising team this off season with their Jairus Byrd signing and jumping up to grab another receiver when I was under the impression they were solely targeting Marcus Martin at Center. Good on them, fucking assholes.

I don't see a 5'10 guy as a 'nightmare', regardless of how fast he can run a straight line without pads. It's the tall freaks with speed and moves, guys like Calvin Johnson, who are nightmares. Brandin Cooks may wind up a significant punt return threat though.

He has the potential to run circles around every defense in the middle of the field, slip through the cracks in the slot, burst down the field on the outside, and lineup in the backfield for trick plays... I watched both of his 200 yard games last year against Cal and Utah and can admit that I had not seen anything THAT electrifying from any WR in this year's draft, not to mention the Biletnikoff award he won as college football's top WR. All of that could equate to him being a "nightmare" for defenses in the NFL.

You know what's more stupid than the marijuana laws?

Blowing a multimillion dollar career cuz you are too fucking stupid to follow them.
    You would say that.

Pontiac Silverdome.

Hey Ron, did you yell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAA A....wait, wrong football thread

Sean Lee has apparently torn his ACL during non-contact drills at OTAs. It was first round rookie OG Zach Martin that he was going against so I think we can all agree that if Jerry had pulled the trigger on Johnny Football this never would have happened.

It really is a terrible shame when these things happen to a fine team like the Dallas Cowboys.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Pontiac Silverdome.
    auction goes live in 2 weeks. you can be the proud owner of all that trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

The Manziel coverage is just laughable. "Manziel went to Vegas and had a good time on his days off. Is he out of control?" ... And the national media wonders why Cleveland locked them out of rookie camp.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

LOCAL 21-YEAR-OLD MAN VISITS VEGAS, HAS BEER
    Witnesses say he was also laughing and 'appeared to be having a good time'
    Police: no charges filed.

I am disappointed I haven't been given a chart that maps out Manziel's daily diet and workout regimen. That way I can question if he is consuming enough complex carbohydrates to fuel his workout. Otherwise, he is a loose cannon and cannot be controlled.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

The yearly NFL "news circle" is just disgusting, especially in the offseason when ESPN has NFL Live every fucking day

Well Daryl Washington suspended for the season. I guess that means Aldon Smith is next in line for the year long one then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

There goes our best defensive player.

crushing blows
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.