Page 613 of 633 FirstFirst ... 608609610611612613614615616617618 ... LastLast
Results 18,361 to 18,390 of 18963

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Actual CBSSports headline that popped up on my phone the other day: "Raiders inexplicably give Rodger Saffold five-year, $42.5M deal"

No editorializing there, at all.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Ben Tate visiting Cleveland. I really hope they lock him down before he leaves town.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    So Edelman will probably get a nice little pay day from the Pats then. They lose out on Talib and after Welker last year they can't really afford to let Edelman walk can they?
    Brandon Lafell is visiting them today. They may let Edelman walk.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Actual CBSSports headline that popped up on my phone the other day: "Raiders inexplicably give Rodger Saffold five-year, $42.5M deal"

No editorializing there, at all.
    Well then you explain it.

Ha, I can't and nobody can. It's funny that they thought adding "inexplicably" was the obvious thing to do. I mean, I dare you to say that sentence WITHOUT saying "inexpicably". It's impossible.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

So the Broncos are doing quite well for themselves... I'm a little shocked and kind of impressed by their shopping spree.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    So the Broncos are doing quite well for themselves... I'm a little shocked and kind of impressed by their shopping spree.
    They scored 8 points in the Super Bowl… Not sure how losing Decker and adding Ward/Talib/Ware helps that.
    crab fries

It's not like their offense was struggling before then. Maybe Seattles defense was just that good?

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    It's not like their offense was struggling before then. Maybe Seattles defense was just that good?
    Seattle's D isn't going anywhere, and neither is the film of them getting shut down. It's a copycat league.
    crab fries

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
    They scored 8 points in the Super Bowl… Not sure how losing Decker and adding Ward/Talib/Ware helps that.
    Decker is easily replaceable through the draft and it was made very clear in the Super Bowl that Defense wins championships. They had a lot of holes in their defense and were using "serviceable" guys to fill them... They had to get real, especially with Peyton's clock ticking... I don't blame them for their Redskins approach to this off season, there was no other option.

Decker is easily replaceable through the draft and it was made very clear in the Super Bowl that Defense wins championships. They had a lot of holes in their defense and were using "serviceable" guys to fill them... They had to get real, especially with Peyton's clock ticking... I don't blame them for their Redskins approach to this off season, there was no other option.
    As a Redskins fan… that hurts. lol I'd say this is more 2012 Eagles.

Defense wins rings, so does 40+ pts. The fact is you need to have it all to win the big game. Releasing a starting wideout and their leading rusher, I don't see them doing anything to create a more balanced offense to win those grind it out games teams like Seattle, SF can present - and I don't think Monte Ball and Rookie WR are the answers.
    crab fries

Golden Tate to the Lions, 5 year deal.

Sorry bobert.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

As a Redskins fan… that hurts. lol I'd say this is more 2012 Eagles.

Defense wins rings, so does 40+ pts. The fact is you need to have it all to win the big game. Releasing a starting wideout and their leading rusher, I don't see them doing anything to create a more balanced offense to win those grind it out games teams like Seattle, SF can present - and I don't think Monte Ball and Rookie WR are the answers.
    I'll give you the RB part but rookie WR? You must forget that they still have Thomas, Welker, and Thomas at TE. Not like a rookie WR is going to come in and have to be the guy immediately. The offense will be fine even without Decker and Moreno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I'll give you the RB part but rookie WR? You must forget that they still have Thomas, Welker, and Thomas at TE. Not like a rookie WR is going to come in and have to be the guy immediately. The offense will be fine even without Decker and Moreno.
    they will be fine, not better.
    crab fries

Kindoy you are kind of an idiot arnt ya? They can easily replace decker and Ball will be an easy replacement for a terrible moreno that got lucky he had peyton as his qb. With the kind of passing attack Peyton delivers the need for a runningback is slim. All you need is a serviceable rb. So they are doing the smart thing and addressing their needs on defense.
    Last edited by gillster17; 03-12-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Golden Tate to the Lions, 5 year deal.

Sorry bobert.
    Eh, it is what it is. Doug Baldwin was probably the better receiver in our system anyways, but Tate was the #1 punt returner in the league last year so that production will be hard to replace. Can't fault the guy for wanting to go to a team that actually passes the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    Kindoy you are kind of an idiot arnt ya? They can easily replace decker and Ball will be an easy replacement for a terrible moreno that got lucky he had peyton as his qb. With the kind of passing attack Peyton delivers the need for a runningback is slim. All you need is a serviceable rb. So they are doing the smart thing and addressing their needs on defense.
    Yeah, certified idiot. Grow up.

You're missing the point, they need to be better. How slim was the need for a RB (balanced offense) when Sherman & Co. shut Peyton down? 8 points. You can't be one dimensional in the NFL.

Word is Denver will target Sproles and Steve Smith, you think they'd do that if they thought Ball and whoever they draft at receiver was the answer? Stop with that "easily replaceable" talk.
    Last edited by Kindoy; 03-12-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    crab fries

they will be fine, not better.
    So you want the offense to put up better numbers then all the records they broke this season? Even with Decker/Moreno that still was a long shot to happen.

You're missing the point, they need to be better. How slim was the need for a RB (balanced offense) when Sherman & Co. shut Peyton down? 8 points. You can't be one dimensional in the NFL.

Word is Denver will target Sproles and Steve Smith, you think they'd do that if they thought Ball and whoever they draft at receiver was the answer? Stop with that "easily replaceable" talk.
    You can't be one dimensional in the NFL, hence why they have heavily upgraded their defense so far.

I think you are missing the point. There offense is set, its the defense that needs work. You can claim the 8 point defense all you want, but honestly it was a case of any given sunday syndrome. Weird things happen in the NFL every week and the superbowl was an example of a strange game not a bad offense.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Lovie Smith has announced that Josh McCown will be his starting QB this year. Depending on how well he plays in the new offense and who the Bucs draft #1 I'm thinking that they'll be in the playoff picture.

Good move by TB, Glennon behind McCown is a nice little QB package for them... This allows them to get a top grade LB with their first pick. Lovie and Licht are doing the damn thing over there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Eh, it is what it is. Doug Baldwin was probably the better receiver in our system anyways, but Tate was the #1 punt returner in the league last year so that production will be hard to replace. Can't fault the guy for wanting to go to a team that actually passes the ball.
    Tate also leads the NFC in being an asshole. Seattle's better without him.

That deal for Tate was a little excessive, and to be honest I would have paired Megatron with another monster like Mike Evans at the #10 pick, especially for a QB like Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    I think you are missing the point. There offense is set, its the defense that needs work. You can claim the 8 point defense all you want, but honestly it was a case of any given sunday syndrome. Weird things happen in the NFL every week and the superbowl was an example of a strange game not a bad offense.
    No, it was an example of a one dimensional offense getting shut down by the only elite defense they played all year.
    crab fries

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Tate also leads the NFC in being an asshole. Seattle's better without him.
    It's been over a month now, Tom. How are you holding up? For a proud man such as yourself it must have been excruciating to watch Pete Carroll hoist that trophy. After all this was the man you welcomed to the division with open arms, the second coming of Mike Singletary, an "ink spot" of a head coach, whatever the fuck that means. How were you able to cope with the irrefutable evidence that you had it so terribly wrong?

That deal for Tate was a little excessive, and to be honest I would have paired Megatron with another monster like Mike Evans at the #10 pick, especially for a QB like Stafford.
    I think Tate is going to thrive in that role. His specialty is yards after the catch, and he'll be facing some of the lightest coverage in the NFL. And again, his special teams prowess sets him apart from other wideouts.

Good move by TB, Glennon behind McCown is a nice little QB package for them... This allows them to get a top grade LB with their first pick. Lovie and Licht are doing the damn thing over there.
    I think if one of Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel falls to them, they pull the trigger. Lovie doesn't seem too crazy about Glennon and he didn't rule out a drafting a QB either. It's hard to believe they're really going all in on a soon-to-be 35 year old QB who's been a backup his entire career, unless they want to either draft another or groom Glennon behind him. McCown obviously isn't a long term option.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Won't Harvin be returning punts though and isn't he better then Tate when he is healthy which is presumably be next season?
    It's been over a month now, Tom. How are you holding up? For a proud man such as yourself it must have been excruciating to watch Pete Carroll hoist that trophy. After all this was the man you welcomed to the division with open arms, the second coming of Mike Singletary, an "ink spot" of a head coach, whatever the fuck that means. How were you able to cope with the irrefutable evidence that you had it so terribly wrong?
    I'm still pissed that he won it. I just really really really hate Pete Carroll going back to his SC days. He could have won the Superbowl with Cleveland and I would still be just as mad that he won it. Other then that I am happy for Seattle they deserved it. As far as the rivalry goes I really don't have anything against Seattle, I still hate the Rams much more. Just every time I see Pete's face I just want to punch. I guess you can say IMO Pete is the Justin Beiber for football. OK maybe not that bad but not to far off.

As far as Tom getting it wrong though it seems like his record of getting it right in this thread isn't all to good. I can tell he knows what he is talking about but just predictions about what is going to happen he is way behind Santasutt on that.

How were you able to cope with the irrefutable evidence that you had it so terribly wrong?
    Mostly I just sit in my BMW counting my millions.

Won't Harvin be returning punts though and isn't he better then Tate when he is healthy which is presumably be next season?
    Harvin has never returned punts in the NFL so I'm not sure who will be filling that role next season. Being a kick returner, punt returner and #1 WR is a lot of work for one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Mostly I just sit in my BMW counting my millions.
    That's probably exactly what Golden Tate is doing today.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

1. The Super Bowl massacre was a matter of a better team winning, but the Seahawks aren't better by 35 points on an everyday basis. It had much to do with attitude, intimidation, and the worst-case-scenario opening quarter setting a funereal tone. On most days, the 2013 Broncos would have lost to the 2013 Seahawks by one or two touchdowns instead of five. If Denver's D were up to the task of carrying the offense through a rough stretch, the gap narrows even further.
    2. Denver does need to get better on all fronts, but aside from all the defensive secondary, skill position players were not the problem. The offense won't improve by keeping Decker and Moreno; it will improve with better line play. They had a good line last year without Clady; the path to greatness is getting him back and adding guys who are bad enough to fuck with the fearsome pass rushes from Seattle and SF (not that they grow on trees).
    2A. I wouldn't say Moreno or especially Decker are "easily" replaced, but their production wasn't so outrageous that it can't be divided among a combination of new and existing players (including the aforementioned Ball and Theoretical Rookie WR).
    3. The Broncos aren't going to chase Sproles and Steve Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.