Page 6 of 622 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 18638

Thread: NFL Time

  1. #151

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Andre Johnson & Reggie Wayne - good WR tandem.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

  2. #152
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    i was 4th pick...so it went LT, AP, Addai and then me...

    i think i got favre in the 8th or 9th round
    Wow..you got Westy late. Good for you.
    My draft is 24 hours away. Can't wait!

    Watching the Cards right now.
    I really like Breaston & am impressed with the RB from Richmond--Hightower.
    Rackers sure is a head case. He missed an extra point. I dread him deciding games again this year.

  3. #153
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Here is my squad....

    Brady
    Ryan Grant
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Jamal Lewis
    Plaxico B.
    Greg Jennings
    Thomas Jones
    Dallas Clark
    Lee Evans
    David Garrard
    Selvin Young
    Giants D
    Nate Burleson
    Gostkowski
    Benjamin Watson

  4. #154
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Who will be the starter in AZ?

    Warner or Leinart?

  5. #155
    old school BlueDevil50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    3,823

    Default Re: NFL Time

    decent squad bud...and as far as i know, leinart's the starter.

  6. #156
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by bakersfield View Post
    Who will be the starter in AZ?

    Warner or Leinart?
    undecided. my bet would be Leinart.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  7. #157
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    decent squad bud...and as far as i know, leinart's the starter.
    I am happy overall with my squad.

    It is quite the QB controversary over here again.
    Leinart was named the starter before training camp, but lately Warner
    has been given the opportunity to compete for the job.
    Warner looked really good as starter vs. the Chiefs Saturday.
    Plus Warner was amazing last 1/3rd of last season.

    Consensus all over the paper & airwaves is for Warner....
    ...we shall see how it unfolds!

  8. #158
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: NFL Time

    the team wants Warner too
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  9. #159
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    the team wants Warner too
    It will be interesting.
    I am an SC fan & all about Leinart.
    But, I cannot help but feel we will win more games this year with Warner.
    And we really need to win now. This is a year we have the talent to do some good things.
    And on the financial end, if we have another mediocre season the season ticket renewals will drop drastically, etc, etc,etc.

  10. #160
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: NFL Time

    eh. I'm ambivalent. I think it'll be ok either way. I bet we see plenty of both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  11. #161
    thestripe
    Guest

    Default Re: NFL Time

    I had high hopes for Leinart when he was drafted. Too bad he turned out to be an idiot. I hope Warner gets the job.

  12. #162
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Tom...you are right, we will see plenty of both.
    Hope it is not an enormous distraction.

  13. #163
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    I had high hopes for Leinart when he was drafted. Too bad he turned out to be an idiot. I hope Warner gets the job.
    in what ways has he turned out to be an idiot?

    and come on. this team used to have Jake Plummer. my cats leave deposits in the catbox smarter than he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  14. #164
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by bakersfield View Post
    Tom...you are right, we will see plenty of both.
    Hope it is not an enormous distraction.
    Yeah, but you know, last year before Leinart got hurt, Whisenhunt was using them both. I thought it was really cool, make the opposing D prepare for two QBs instead of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  15. #165
    thestripe
    Guest

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    in what ways has he turned out to be an idiot?

    and come on. this team used to have Jake Plummer. my cats leave deposits in the catbox smarter than he was.
    I guess I should have said "acting like an idiot". He can still prove himself as a solid QB but as of now his biggest play since arriving to the NFL is ....




    I know it's not that big of a deal, but srsly. Leinart needs to prove himself instead of acting like a clown.

  16. #166
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,849

    Default Re: NFL Time

    he's a single guy at a private party. I don't see anything idiotic in that pic. srsly. people want to make a big deal of a rich, goodlooking, eligible guy partying with chicks in a hot tub. Seems like he'd be an idiot not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  17. #167
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    he's a single guy at a private party. I don't see anything idiotic in that pic. srsly. people want to make a big deal of a rich, goodlooking, eligible guy partying with chicks in a hot tub. Seems like he'd be an idiot not to.
    Exactly, the only stupid thing was he didn't take away peoples camera phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

  18. #168
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Another mess on our hands in AZ...

    Anquan Boldin's unhappiness is a story that didn't die after he lambasted the organization at the beginning of camp. It just went on a three-week hiatus, returning Monday with slight variations in the story line.

    As a fellow member of the media said today, Anquan arrived in Flagstaff angry and he's going to leave angry. Much of what Boldin vented Monday to NFL.com wasn't new. He feels betrayed by the organization and can't see himself re-signing with the Cardinals. He said the same things three weeks ago.

    The surprise came when he criciticized coach Ken Whisenhunt. The two have no relationship, said Boldin, who feels like Whisenhunt stepped over the line by involving himself in negotiations.

    The whole thing is a sordid mess. It's especially troubling because Boldin once was the golden child of the organization, which did everything to praise him short of commissioning a statue.

    Boldin's comments came Monday evening, after Whisenhunt's daily meeting with reporters, so we haven't had a chance to get a response. That will come on Tuesday. So will Boldin's view of the situation.

    Earlier in the day, Whisenhunt denied reports that he had no relationship with Boldin and didn't talk to the receiver.

    The team, so far, has shown no inclination to trade Boldin, and my hunch is owner Bill Bidwill isn't going to budge off that stance. He can be stubborn and he could determine that letting a player talk his way out of town would set a bad precedent. That's the stance the Bengals took with Chad Johnson, who had little recourse but to report to camp.

  19. #169
    old school indietron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    3,221

    Default Re: NFL Time



    yeahhh im a cheesehead

  20. #170
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,026

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by bakersfield View Post
    Another mess on our hands in AZ...

    Anquan Boldin's unhappiness is a story that didn't die after he lambasted the organization at the beginning of camp. It just went on a three-week hiatus, returning Monday with slight variations in the story line.

    As a fellow member of the media said today, Anquan arrived in Flagstaff angry and he's going to leave angry. Much of what Boldin vented Monday to NFL.com wasn't new. He feels betrayed by the organization and can't see himself re-signing with the Cardinals. He said the same things three weeks ago.

    The surprise came when he criciticized coach Ken Whisenhunt. The two have no relationship, said Boldin, who feels like Whisenhunt stepped over the line by involving himself in negotiations.

    The whole thing is a sordid mess. It's especially troubling because Boldin once was the golden child of the organization, which did everything to praise him short of commissioning a statue.

    Boldin's comments came Monday evening, after Whisenhunt's daily meeting with reporters, so we haven't had a chance to get a response. That will come on Tuesday. So will Boldin's view of the situation.

    Earlier in the day, Whisenhunt denied reports that he had no relationship with Boldin and didn't talk to the receiver.

    The team, so far, has shown no inclination to trade Boldin, and my hunch is owner Bill Bidwill isn't going to budge off that stance. He can be stubborn and he could determine that letting a player talk his way out of town would set a bad precedent. That's the stance the Bengals took with Chad Johnson, who had little recourse but to report to camp.

    Damn this is frustrating! Q was my favorite, all this bitching about people knowing their roles in the organization, he's a player, PLAY THE GAME!!


    What pick did you get Brady with B-field?


    I have the 6th pick in my draft, speculation leads me to believe the first five will go:

    LT
    Westbrook
    AP
    M Barber (I know)
    TO (I know I know)

    My question considering this is the order, who would YOU go with? Addai, S-Jax or Brady?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  21. #171
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,964

    Default Re: NFL Time

    DALLAS COWBOYS for the win.

  22. #172

    Default Re: NFL Time

    as a huge eagles fan living in san diego...it's refreshing to hear all the love for westbrook. i'm open to hearing opinions on how the eagles will do this season?

  23. #173
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,026

    Default Re: NFL Time

    3rd or 4th in their division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  24. #174
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Damn this is frustrating! Q was my favorite, all this bitching about people knowing their roles in the organization, he's a player, PLAY THE GAME!!


    What pick did you get Brady with B-field?


    I have the 6th pick in my draft, speculation leads me to believe the first five will go:

    LT
    Westbrook
    AP
    M Barber (I know)
    TO (I know I know)

    My question considering this is the order, who would YOU go with? Addai, S-Jax or Brady?
    I hate the Q situation too. I am always quick to blame the Cards.
    But I hate Q's agent, so who knows what is going on.

    I got TB with the 5th pick. I am happy with how my draft played out.
    If you take Brady, you will still have a shot at a strong RB in round 2, then Fitz in round 3.

    Have fun at the ballgame tonight D!

  25. #175
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Looks like Matt's awful showing last night sealed the deal....

    Source: Cardinals set to name QB Warner as starter
    By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)
    Updated: August 24, 2008, 11:58 AM ET

    The Arizona Cardinals are expected to name Kurt Warner as the team's starting quarterback, a team source said Sunday.

    Matt Leinart's poor performance Saturday night against the Oakland Raiders probably sealed the decision.

    Leinart had three interceptions in the first half and completed just 4 of 12 passes for 24 yards. His passer rating was 2.8. The Cardinals won the game 24-0.

    The source said Leinart's training-camp performance has been uneven, and the Cardinals are concerned about his arm strength and consistency.

    After the game, coach Ken Whisenhunt said Leinart was still in the running for the Cardinals' starting job.

    "I know Matt's down because he didn't play as well as he would have liked," Whisenhunt said. "This competition, being pushed by Kurt, has made Matt tougher. It's one of the things you have to be as a quarterback."

    ESPN's Chris Mortensen covers the NFL. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

  26. #176

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I have the 6th pick in my draft, speculation leads me to believe the first five will go:

    LT
    Westbrook
    AP
    M Barber (I know)
    TO (I know I know)

    My question considering this is the order, who would YOU go with? Addai, S-Jax or Brady?
    WTF? TO in top 6? you are on crack.

    Addai probably wont be there at 6, unless you are drafting with idiots. If he is there, you should definitely take him. You will probably have a choice between Barber, Portis, or S-Jax, and maybe Brady. I had 6th in my work draft and was pretty stoked that S-Jax was still on the board when it got to me.


    In other news, my raiders looked horrible against the fucking cards last night. Couldnt even get on the board. I had high hopes considering how good we looked last week against Tennessee, who I thought would be tougher than AZ. Either AZ has a really good D, or we have a horrible O.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  27. #177

    Default Re: NFL Time

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    wahoo! got my fantasy team...
    Brett Favre
    Brian Westbrook
    Larry Johnson
    Andre Johnson
    Torry Holt
    Reggie Wayne
    Chris Cooley
    Stephen Gostkowski
    Seattle D
    Willis McGahee
    Edgerrin James
    Donald Driver
    Nate Burleson
    Tony Scheffler
    Jack Delhomme
    Is this a joke? Seriously, how the fuck did you get all those top tier players in each position? Who the fuck was everybody else picking in the top rounds as you picked up Westy, LJ, McGahee, Edge, Wayne, Johnson, and Holt? Were they picking kickers and D in the top 6 rounds? That is seriously unbelievable.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  28. #178
    old school BlueDevil50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    3,823

    Default Re: NFL Time

    lol surprisingly, people were still having solid picks. i think i drafted westy, wayne, a johnson, lj, holt and THEN mcgahee...people were letting those two slip and i couldn't pass them up. oh...and i was picking fourth.

  29. #179
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    cold white north
    Posts
    2,281

    Default Re: NFL Time

    how many people in your league
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

  30. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: NFL Time

    49ers all the way bitches!

Similar Threads

  1. dont waist time cause time will waste you.
    By Christian,Lopez in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
  2. Its That Time Again
    By suprefan in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 11:26 AM
  3. Time
    By Gloria in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 07:50 AM
  4. what time is bar time in socal?
    By HEADSTRUCK in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
  5. it's about time...
    By blastyourears in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •