Page 586 of 628 FirstFirst ... 581582583584585586587588589590591 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,580 of 18816

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Bears Ditka Polish Sausage
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

No bump for the bolts? Great win. Heres to hoping all the teams that need to lose, lose this weekend. Actually rooting for the patriots will be painful.

I hope the Chargers get that 6th seed, much more exciting than this years Ravens/Steelers/Phins

edit: I've totally gone from hating Rivers to thinking he's awesome this year. This post-game interview is hilarious, channeling Randy Quaid when he's this excited
    Last edited by citizenerased; 12-12-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Bolts need to win out and hope the Dolphins and Ravens each lose at least 2 out of 3 because those teams will own a tiebreaker over them.

If the Chargers make it to the playoffs they will be a threat. So much so they might be on a run towards the Super Bowl. I know everyone is making a big deal out of Manning this season but Rivers play has been on the same level for a good majority of the season. Besides the Jags, and Redskins the Chargers have had a tough schedule. They already beat the Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals, Colts, Cowboys and now the Broncos. These teams are all potential division winners in an overall weak season for most teams.
    Last edited by Sushov23; 12-13-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    If the Chargers make it to the playoffs they will be a threat. So much so they might be on a run towards the Super Bowl. I know everyone is making a big deal out of Manning this season but Rivers play has been on the same level for a good majority of the season. Besides the Jags, and Redskins the Chargers have had a tough schedule. They already beat the Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals, Colts, Cowboys and now the Broncos. These teams are all potential division winners in an overall weak season for most teams.
    If they would have beat the Bengals, they would not be in this unlikely playoff situation.

I know everyone is making a big deal out of Manning this season but Rivers play has been on the same level for a good majority of the season.
    I think you should rethink this. Manning is on pace for records this season while rivers is having a solid season, however he has not been on the same level in any way as manning.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

I give credit to the Chargers for last night. Still don't think they will make it past wild card round.

Denvers defense has to be giving up like an average of 26.5 points a game this season
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    If they would have beat the Bengals, they would not be in this unlikely playoff situation.
    My mistake, for some reason I remembered it going differently.

gillster17 just some stats, Rivers has an overal higher completion percentage, and is avg more yards per throw. Oh he has thrown less INT's than manning, is only behind Brees in this category. All this while having less worthy skill players than Manning. Imagine if Rivers had competent WR's? and a better Offensive line? Believe me i'm surprise by all this. I mean Rivers always had the skills and talent but he faded all the time.

gillster17 just some stats, Rivers has an overal higher completion percentage, and is avg more yards per throw. Oh he has thrown less INT's than manning, is only behind Brees in this category. All this while having less worthy skill players than Manning. Imagine if Rivers had competent WR's? and a better Offensive line? Believe me i'm surprise by all this. I mean Rivers always had the skills and talent but he faded all the time.
    Rivers is not that good. He airs it out and bitches when it sails over his receivers heads. His time clock management and pocket awareness makes him a decent qb. Not his ability to hit receivers routes.

Not really int's, rivers has thrown one less. But that good point lets compare their td's then........ whoa theres a big difference there. Also peyton's qb rating is almost 14 points higher. Again im not disagreeing with you that rivers has had a good year, but to compare him to manning this year, you are either being a huge homer or your an idiot.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Phillip Rivers has one less interception than Manning in almost 100 less attempts. When you're citing interceptions when comparing players, you ought to look at interception %.

"'re" makes the world of difference to you and me.

Imagine if Rivers had competent WR's?
    Have you watched any Chargers games this year? Eddie Royal and Vincent Brown are competent receivers but Rivers has three other options that I'd consider elite for their position. 1) Keenan Allen has been playing out his fucking mind. He's outperformed every other rookie WR and is a legitimate rookie of the year candidate. 2) Danny Woodhead leads all NFL RBs in receptions and has 6 receiving TDs on the year. 3) Antonio Gates is old but he's still Antonio Gates.

No one in the NFL has the kind of weapons that Manning has on offense but that doesn't mean that everyone else is throwing to waiver wire scraps. Rivers is lucky to have the receivers he has and I'm sure if asked he'd credit them with his recent resurgence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Rivers is not that good. He airs it out and bitches when it sails over his receivers heads. His time clock management and pocket awareness makes him a decent qb. Not his ability to hit receivers routes.
    You clearly aren't watching the same games I've been watching.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Have you watched any Chargers games this year? Eddie Royal and Vincent Brown are competent receivers but Rivers has three other options that I'd consider elite for their position. 1) Keenan Allen has been playing out his fucking mind. He's outperformed every other rookie WR and is a legitimate rookie of the year candidate. 2) Danny Woodhead leads all NFL RBs in receptions and has 6 receiving TDs on the year. 3) Antonio Gates is old but he's still Antonio Gates.

No one in the NFL has the kind of weapons that Manning has on offense but that doesn't mean that everyone else is throwing to waiver wire scraps. Rivers is lucky to have the receivers he has and I'm sure if asked he'd credit them with his recent resurgence.
    I just wonder what this year would've been like if DX and Floyd had never gotten hurt. Unfortunate Royal might be a cap casualty but with those two coming back (if on DX) I think we could afford it. Don't forget Ladarius Green, he's gonna be a monster once he gets the starting job.

But seriously guys, I'm a Chargers fan and even I know Rivers doesn't compare to Manning. Nobody does. Stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Icedkeg continues his homestretch rally with a week 14 tie for the top spot with TomAZ. They both dominated the field with 14 wins but both picked the same tiebreaker number of 48. TallGuy isn't going away but Fourthisto may want to start cleaning off his golfclubs.

1 icedkeg 141 141 68 67.46%

2 TallGuyCM 140 140 69 66.99%

3 Fourthisto 136 136 73 65.07%

4 menik 131 131 78 62.68%

5 Shaxspear 128 128 81 61.24%

6 GoFuckYourself 125 125 84 59.81%

7 Unit300021 125 125 84 59.81%

8 santasutt 125 125 84 59.81%

9 TickleMeElmo 123 123 86 58.85%

10 dfish 121 121 88 57.89%

11 theklein25 121 121 88 57.89%

12 Darth_Bater 120 120 89 57.42%

13 LickTheLizzard 117 117 92 55.98%

14 theflea73 116 116 93 55.50%

15 TomServo 101 101 108 48.33%

16 bobert 94 94 115 44.98%

BTW: NOBODY HAD THE BOLTS LAST NIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Stop it.
    Agree, guys, just stop it right now. Please.

It was a good win, but think Miami is still on the fast track to the sixth seed if I had to predict it all. Bolts are undeserving having blown some games they never should have (Wash, Tenn, and even Hou). The good thing is, even if they don't sneak in, the solid player/coaching foundation is in place for next year. We'll see.

Rivers post game interview boots. Stud.

and just because:
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Is there a single good game today? The Miami and Patriots game was ok, but everything else has been a yawnfest.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Packers were down 26-0 at the half, and came back to clutch the Cowboys 37-36. FUCK YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

So I am in a small country inn outside of Yangshuo, in Guangxi province in southern china. it is 9am, i have just had breakfast.
    but before I head out to start my day, I thought I would share this:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA Tony Romo

FUCK YOU COWBOYS

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

On a sidenote What Kind of Breakfast did you have?
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Tony needs to stop making his WR's cry... First TO and now Dez.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    He eats Quarterback for breakfast.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Monday morning I had a typical western breakfast. eggs and hash browns.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    So I am in a small country inn outside of Yangshuo, in Guangxi province in southern china. it is 9am, i have just had breakfast.
    but before I head out to start my day, I thought I would share this:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA Tony Romo

FUCK YOU COWBOYS

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
    I have been there a couple times.
    pretty magical area
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

I thought for sure with how icedkeg and I picked mainly the same games this weekend, that with him taking Baltimore and me taking Detroit last night I'd surely tie him. But those damn Lions couldn't win at home and he now has a two game lead. Motherfucker.
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

It was very interesting that we had the same exact picks across the board except for last night's game. Even the tiebreaker! I think my yelling may have startled my neighbors after Justin Tucker made that field goal.

Two game lead isn't much with two weeks left but I'll take it!

Six games out with two weeks to play?

Cripes, looks like Operation Upset Drop is a go, time for a handful of hail marys and go out with a bang.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b