Page 582 of 627 FirstFirst ... 577578579580581582583584585586587 ... LastLast
Results 17,431 to 17,460 of 18791

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Fantasy football is the worst thing to happen to sports since Joe Buck.
    I just went on a (slightly guinness-fueled) rant about this exact topic (well, not Joe Buck) while tailgating yesterday. Fantasy football skews people's perception of actual football. They think of team strengths in terms of how many fantasy points they can get, and not in terms of actual results on the field. Football is a team game that is much more nuanced and complex than who you should start in the flex this week.

Clarification: I don't mean to say that everyone who plays fantasy football is guilty of this; just that some are.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Welker fucked up, plain and simple.

.... WHAT did you just say?!?!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post

i just spent 2 minutes looking at this gif while listening to Donkey Rhubarb

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I hope y'all are happy with yourselves for comparing Hannah's smirk to a blow fish's asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I just went on a (slightly guinness-fueled) rant about this exact topic (well, not Joe Buck) while tailgating yesterday. Fantasy football skews people's perception of actual football. They think of team strengths in terms of how many fantasy points they can get, and not in terms of actual results on the field. Football is a team game that is much more nuanced and complex than who you should start in the flex this week.

Clarification: I don't mean to say that everyone who plays fantasy football is guilty of this; just that some are.
    Completely agree with you. I find myself a pretty knowledgeable football fan, and have always enjoyed playing fantasy football, but the last two years I have gotten my friends into playing fantasy football and watching football with them is now almost unbearable. i do not check my scores till the end of games because I like to enjoy the games. But having my packer friend say, "shit the vikings scored, well at least it was AP, hes on my fantasy team," is fucking infuriating. Also still pissed about a tie!
    you are soooooooo good lookin

This has gotten bad for me as well. I often don't even know which teams have won at the end of the day, but I do know which players have performed well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    This has gotten bad for me as well. I often don't even know which teams have won at the end of the day, but I do know which players have performed well.
    And, even so, you don't always know which players performed well just by looking at fantasy stats. Especially quarterbacks, or really any player who gets stats in garbage time.

One of my biggest pet peeves is watching games at a bar, and having to hear people root for their fantasy teams and players. When a Chicago Bears player scores a touchdown, I have to hear shit like "Oh man, Cutler should've thrown to Brandon Marshall. He's on my fantasy team." I don't give a shit. And, no, Cutler should not have thrown it to Marshall. He should've thrown it to the guy who was open in the end zone, like he just did. Cocksucker.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

What are your thoughts on Josh McCown, Tommy? Should there be a QB controversy in Chicago? Yesterday's game put me solidly in McCown's corner. Week after week he has been consistent and he's shown me enough to want him to lead the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    What are your thoughts on Josh McCown, Tommy? Should there be a QB controversy in Chicago? Yesterday's game put me solidly in McCown's corner.
    McCown has done a fine job, but I'd rather have Cutler in there. I have no idea why it takes 3 good games by McCown for people to forget all of the good shit Cutler has done to help the Bears win games over the past 3+ years. McCown has done well, but Cutler routinely has as good or better games. Plus, Cutler often extends drives with his legs. So, no, there shouldn't be a QB controversy in Chicago. But I think our management and fanbase might be dumb enough to force one on everybody.

I also think our management might be dumb enough to not re-sign Cutler, and move forward with some retread like Josh Freeman or Matt Flynn. If they don't re-sign Cutler, Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson isn't all of a sudden going to walk into Halas Hall.

Going back to the original question, it doesn't matter who the QB is when our defense is just so shitty. I know injuries have killed the defensive line, but the safeties are a major concern. I would be pissed if Chris Conte is starting next year, and Major Wright isn't much better. Also, Julius Peppers seemed to age 10 years in the off-season and Shea McClellin has been a bust. Who would've thought that Brian Urlacher not coming back would be the least of our defensive concerns this season?

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    One of my biggest pet peeves is watching games at a bar, and having to hear people root for their fantasy teams and players. When a Chicago Bears player scores a touchdown, I have to hear shit like "Oh man, Cutler should've thrown to Brandon Marshall. He's on my fantasy team." I don't give a shit. And, no, Cutler should not have thrown it to Marshall. He should've thrown it to the guy who was open in the end zone, like he just did. Cocksucker.
    Yep, this is my main problem with it as well. I miss bullshitting in a bar about, you know, the actual game. Even if I played fantasy I would give absolutely zero fucks about how some stranger's team is doing. I've also noticed people rooting AGAINST their own team because of fantasy implications. Meh.

I watch the Steelers without thinking about fantasy. I watch the rest of the AFC North without thinking about fantasy. Outside of that I don't give a shit about any of the NFL teams and fantasy football makes these games watchable for me. It makes the league as a whole more interesting, but it never interferes with my real football rooting interests.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

The murder capital where we murder for capital

God damn it I knew I was one of the dumb fucking fans. Your post might have brought me back to reality though. Obviously they have a nice problem in the QB department. The real problems are with defense.

Yep, this is my main problem with it as well. I miss bullshitting in a bar about, you know, the actual game. Even if I played fantasy I would give absolutely zero fucks about how some stranger's team is doing. I've also noticed people rooting AGAINST their own team because of fantasy implications. Meh.
    Both football and fantasy football were a lot more enjoyable when it was just a small percentage of fans that had a team. I used to enjoy talking fantasy with people because I'm a football nerd and anyone interested in fantasy sports usually was as well. Now that everyone has a team it's become insufferable and unless you're in my league I don't care who's on your team, what your record is or how many goddamn field goals your kicker needs to seal your victory.

I've also noticed people rooting AGAINST their own team because of fantasy implications. Meh.
    This is precisely why I've never had an interest in fantasy football. I grew up learning how to bet the spreads watching football with my grandfather, for me fantasy kills all of that excitement.
    Recondite 9/27 TBA
    Treasure Island 10/18

God damn it I knew I was one of the dumb fucking fans. Your post might have brought me back to reality though. Obviously they have a nice problem in the QB department. The real problems are with defense.
    You also have to consider that McCown is 34-years old. So, what, are the Bears just going to give up on Cutler for someone who wouldn't even be the quarterback of the future? It would be incredibly short-sighted to play McCown ahead of Cutler when Cutler is healthy, but it's the Bears so I would be shocked if they didn't fuck this up. Settling for guys like McCown is precisely why the franchise has been starving for a good quarterback for almost my entire life.

You're not a dumb fucking fan, Faxino, you're just a prisoner of the moment. It happens. Just get some perspective and we'll move past this.

Quote Originally Posted by flea73 View Post
    This is precisely why I've never had an interest in fantasy football. I grew up learning how to bet the spreads watching football with my grandfather, for me fantasy kills all of that excitement.
    Who let this chick into the NFL thread?

bet the spreads, tommy. bet the spreads. heh heh.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

What are your thoughts on Josh McCown

Rank the divisions! Everyone's had their bye week and let's assume SF doesn't pull a Peyton Manning and blow a large lead.

NFC East: 19 wins
    NFC North: 20 (counting the tie as 1/2 a win for each of GB and Minn)
    NFC South: 22
    NFC West: 29

AFC East: 22
    AFC North: 21
    AFC South: 16
    AFC West: 27

Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Both football and fantasy football were a lot more enjoyable when it was just a small percentage of fans that had a team. I used to enjoy talking fantasy with people because I'm a football nerd and anyone interested in fantasy sports usually was as well. Now that everyone has a team it's become insufferable and unless you're in my league I don't care who's on your team, what your record is or how many goddamn field goals your kicker needs to seal your victory.
    Agreed 100%. I mean I still have a couple teams but that is just because it's just with friends that I have done it with for a long time now. Fuck even my sister who hates and knows nothing about football is in an all girl league with other girls that know nothing about football, except two of them. My sister doesn't watch the games but the few Sundays I have been with her she is checking her phone every 10 mins to see how her team is doing. Fuck I don't even have the app on my phone or check every ten minutes. Just once after the early games and then again after the later games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat.

Are you on a marooko indecipherability trip right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.

Week 12: where mediocre picking reigned supreme. Your winner? theklein, of course.

Meanwhile, the tall dude in the Grateful Dead t-shirt grabs a little elbow room at the top.

1 TallGuyCM 118 118 58 67.05%

2 Fourthisto 115 115 61 65.34%

3 icedkeg 114 114 62 64.77%

4 menik 112 112 64 63.64%

5 Shaxspear 106 106 70 60.23%

6 dfish 105 105 71 59.66%

7 Darth_Bater 102 102 74 57.95%

8 TickleMeElmo 102 102 74 57.95%

9 santasutt 102 102 74 57.95%

10 Unit300021 101 101 75 57.39%

11 theklein25 100 100 76 56.82%

12 GoFuckYourself 99 99 77 56.25%

13 LickTheLizzard 99 99 77 56.25%

14 bobert 94 94 82 53.41%

15 theflea73 93 93 83 52.84%

16 TomServo 84 84 92 47.73%

who the fuck is Tony Lucca and why is his smarmy mug on my television screen?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Selena Gomez: The Face of Dubstep
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

who the fuck is Tony Lucca and why is his smarmy mug on my television screen?
    the Lions used their booking budget to give food to poor people.

Lucca is some knob from Detroit.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Last edited by Gribbz; 11-28-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Holy shit. Tomlin should get a 1-game suspension for that.

also, I know this happened a week ago, but how did i miss this?

Roethlisberger should have just run a qb sneak on that two point conversion. That's what I would have done in Madden.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

on my way to Philly this morning. Go Cardinals.