Page 547 of 632 FirstFirst ... 542543544545546547548549550551552 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,410 of 18952

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

I wouldn't be surprised if Moeaki gets signed with the Bucs.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Christ...Jordan Palmer? Vince fucking Young? Leinart? That list is seriously depressing.

Final Standings

Polo Fields 2012

1 Fourthisto 178 178 78 69.53%
    2 TomAz 171 171 85 66.80%
    3 icedKeg 170 170 86 66.41%
    4 Shaxspear 169 169 87 66.02%
    5 santasutt 169 169 87 66.02%
    6 Unit300021 168 168 88 65.63%
    7 TallGuyCM 167 167 89 65.23%
    8 theklein25 167 167 89 65.23%
    9 menik 167 167 89 65.23%
    10 TomServo 159 159 97 62.11%
    11 flea73 157 157 99 61.33%
    12 PassiveTheory 153 153 103 59.77%
    13 tubesock shakur 153 153 103 59.77%
    14 TommyboyHamWater 146 146 110 57.03%
    15 schoolofruckus 139 139 117 54.30%
    16 bemerritt 136 136 120 53.13%
    17 Darth_Bater_d 120 120 136 46.88%
    18 gillster17_d 116 116 140 45.31%
    19 playadelwes_d 112 112 144 43.75% *
    20 mrnovember_d 64 64 192 25.00% *
    21 BlueDevil50_d 55 55 201 21.48% *

*did not finish

Attention 2013 players:

First game is Thursday night. This goes for every week.

All picks must be logged by 1PM EDT on Sunday.

Failure to log picks for three consecutive weeks will indicate your indifference and you will be eradicated.

If you can't get to a computer or have trouble with pooltracker, email me your weekly picks before 1 pm EDT on Sunday and I will enter them for you: santasutt@gmail.com

If you do not get your picks in on time, your total for the week will be equal to the worst score for that week. We will call this the gillster17 rule.

As you can see from above, a D+ is a good grade in this class.

Tommyboy, Tubesock, Schoolofruckus, Bemerrit: 2 days left to get in.
    Last edited by santasutt; 09-03-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    A few eyebrow raisers.....

Down to 53: Tracking the NFL's notable roster cuts

By Gregg Rosenthal
    Around The League Editor
    Published: Aug. 31, 2013 at 05:34 p.m. Updated: Aug. 31, 2013 at 06:30 p.m.

It's the roughest time of year in the NFL.

Cuts are underway as teams must reduce their rosters from 75 to 53 players by 6 p.m. ET on Saturday. You can get the complete list on the roster cuts tracker, but Around The League will keep a running tally of the biggest names right here.

Tim Tebow, New England Patriots quarterback: The Patriots decided they were better off with only two quarterbacks on the roster, and a developmental quarterback possibly going to the practice squad. It's hard to imagine Tebow getting a better chance to keep his career going. It's quite possible that this is the end for him.

Jonathan Dwyer, Pittsburgh Steelers running back: This was among Saturday's biggest surprises. Dwyer was cut loose despite an improved preseason and Le'Veon Bell's injury. Felix Jones remains on the roster.

Vince Young, Green Bay Packers quarterback: This was a small surprise following Graham Harrell's release. The Packers will either roll with B.J. Coleman as the backup or sign someone off waivers.

Robert Meachem, San Diego Chargers wide receiver: Meachem costs the Chargers $6.875 million this year in dead cap money, but he was of no use for them. He'll go down as one of the worst free agent signings of the last five years.

Antoine Winfield, Seattle Seahawks cornerback: This is why we called the Seahawks the deepest roster in the league. It was reported early in the day that Winfield would be cut, then Jay Glazer of FoxSports.com reported that he would retire. He'll go down as one of the most underrated cornerbacks of his generation.

Brady Quinn, Seattle Seahawks quarterback: Tarvaris Jackson beat him out for the backup job, and the Seahawks only kept two quarterbacks. He could land with a team like Buffalo.

Thaddeus Lewis, Buffalo Bills quarterback: Buffalo only has two quarterbacks on the roster, and rookie EJ Manuel is injured.

David Gettis, Carolina Panthers wide receiver: He injured himself during pregame warmups before the last preseason game. Armanti Edwards and Domenik Hixon both made the team.

Brandon Bogotay and Shayne Graham, Cleveland Browns kicker: It's not often that a team has no kickers on the roster. We're going to go ahead and predict that changes before Week 1.

Marvin Austin, David Carr, and Ryan Torain, New York Giants: Austin only last two years after getting taken in the second round. Torain looked like a potential backup after Andre Brown's injury. Brown made the team. Carr could land elsewhere. Wide receiver Ramses Barden was also placed on injured reserve. Mike Patterson made the team.

Ben Ijalana and Drake Nevis, Indianapolis Colts: These were the second-round and third-round picks in the Polians' last draft in the Colts. Yikes.

Bobby Rainey and Tandon Doss, Baltimore Ravens: Rainey's release means the Ravens are only carrying two running backs. That will surely change. They kept seven wide receivers, including rookies Aaron Mallette and Marlon Brown.

Austin Collie, San Francisco 49ers wide receiver: Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports the former Indianapolis Colts won't make the team. At least he stayed healthy in camp.

Ryan Lilja, Denver Broncos: Peyton Manning's former teammates' comeback was a nice story, but his knee bothered him.

Danny Watkins, Philadelphia Eagles guard: The 28-year-old former firefighter was one of the best stories and strangest first-round picks in recent memory. It didn't work out for him under Andy Reid or Chip Kelly.

Greg McElroy, New York Jets quarterback: Matt Simms earned the No. 3 quarterback job. It's quite a story for a player that made virtually no impact in college football.

John Skelton, Cincinnati Bengals quarterback: Josh Johnson won the battle for the backup job behind Andy Dalton.

Tony Moeaki, Kansas City Chiefs tight end: He once flashed serious potential, but hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Max Starks, San Diego Chargers tackle: King Dunlap won the right to protect Philip Rivers' blindside.

Michael Bamiro, Philadelphia Eagles tackle: The mammoth Stoney Brook tackle received a lot of guaranteed money to sign with the Eagles. He could land on the practice squad.

Clay Harbor, Philadelphia Eagles tight end: Chip Kelly decided to keep Emil Igwenagu over Harbor.

Jermaine Cunningham and Zoltan Mesko, New England Patriots: Mesko has been one of the better punters in the league, so his release comes as a surprise. Ryan Allen won the job with a strong camp. Cunningham, the No. 53 pick in the 2010 draft, never could build on a solid rookie season as a pass rusher.

Rusty Smith, Tennessee Titans quarterback: The Titans just kept two quarterbacks. Smith could find a job elsewhere.

Fernando Velasco, Tennessee Titans center: He started 16 games for the team last season.

Marcus Trufant, Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback: General manager David Caldwell will roll with one of the most inexperienced cornerback groups in football.

John Connor, Bengals fullback: "The Terminator" didn't make the squad. That's good news for "Hard Knocks" regular Orson Charles.

Jimmy Clausen, Carolina Panthers quarterback: Derek Anderson is the team's backup. Clausen's release, as NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, comes as little surprise.

Drayton Florence, Carolina Panthers cornerback: Rapoport was told Florence will be released, which comes as a surprise after the team signed him to a one-year, $1 million contract in March.

J'Marcus Webb, Chicago Bears offensive tackle: After struggling through 44 starts over three seasons, the 6-foot-7 offensive tackle tweeted his release Friday morning. It's a good sign for the young Bears offensive line.

Jordan Palmer, Chicago Bears quarterback: The founder of RunPee.com could get a call during the regular season if backup Josh McCown is hurt. The Bears also released quarterback Trent Edwards, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune.

David Nelson, Cleveland Browns wide receiver: Rapoport was told by a source informed of the move that Nelson won't make the team in Cleveland. Signed for cheap, Nelson couldn't make an impact this summer after suffering an ACL tear in 2012 and battling a bone bruise in training camp.

Matt Leinart, Buffalo Bills quarterback: On the heels of a rough-and-tumble outing against the Detroit Lions on Thursday, the former first-round draft pick tweeted Friday that he has been released by the Bills. His career probably is over.

Crezdon Butler, Buffalo Bills cornerback: Butler is not a big name, but he was viewed as a potential starter following Stephon Gilmore's injury.

Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard, New England Patriots tight ends: The Patriots have cut ties with two tight ends. Fells has been released after signing a three-year, $5.25 million contract in 2012. Ballard, claimed off waivers from the New York Giants last year, also was cut. Ballard lacked speed after surgery. This is a good sign for Rob Gronkowski, who is not expected to land on the PUP list. Undrafted rookie Zach Sudfeld and Michael Hoomanawanui are the healthy Patriots tight ends. Tim Tebow was not among the Patriots' first 10 cuts.

Brian Banks, Atlanta Falcons linebacker: Jay Glazer of FoxSports.com first reported that Banks was let go, and the Falcons later confirmed the news. His inspirational story might not be over. Glazer hints Banks could have some sort of role with the team.

Dennis Dixon, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback: He never really had a chance after the Eagles drafted Matt Barkley.

Tony Pashos, Washington Redskins offensive tackle: ESPN.com's John Keim first reported that Pashos was released by the team, a move that ensures Tyler Polumbus will start at right tackle for the Redskins.

Mike Thomas, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver: The former Jacksonville Jaguar's career continues a steep decline. He caught 66 passes only a few years ago.

Austin Davis, St. Louis Rams quarterback: Kellen Clemens will backup Sam Bradford.

Anthony Allen and Delone Carter, Baltimore Ravens running backs: The Ravens just traded for Carter, but he didn't last long. It looks like Bobby Rainey will be the team's No. 3 running back.

Dan Carpenter, New York Jets kicker: Carpenter just signed with the Jets a few days ago after he was cut by the Arizona Cardinals. His release leaves Nick Folk as the only kicker on the Jets' roster.

Lance Ball, Denver Broncos running back: Ball's release essentially locks Knowshon Moreno into third-down duties until Monte Ball and Ronnie Hillman shore up their pass protection skills. Undrafted rookie C.J. Anderson is expected to take the fourth running-back spot.
    I would guess Dwyer and Torain would be able to snatch on to an NFL roster rather quickly as a quality backup.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Mr. Assman, tell me how good the Dallas offense is going to be this year. Between my three league's I ended up with Dez, DeMarco, and Tony...

If football games were only three quarters, you'd have a championship team there D.

Ha! They really were some self-loathing picks on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    If football games were only three quarters, you'd have a championship team there D.
    I hate you Tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

As you can see from above, a D+ is a good grade in this class.
    And 100 games over .500 is really good.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

icedKeg's highly anticipated 2013 NFL predictions:

AFC EAST
    Patriots (11-5)
    Dolphins (7-9)
    Jets (4-12)
    Bills (4-12)

AFC NORTH
    Bengals (11-5)
    Ravens (9-7)
    Browns (7-9)
    Steelers (7-9)

AFC SOUTH
    Colts (11-5)
    Texans (11-5)
    Titans (7-9)
    Jaguars (4-12)

AFC WEST
    Broncos (12-4)
    Chargers (9-7)
    Chiefs (7-9)
    Raiders (2-14)

NFC EAST
    Giants (9-7)
    Cowboys (8-8)
    Redskins (8-8)
    Eagles (5-11)

NFC NORTH
    Packers (11-5)
    Lions (9-7)
    Bears (9-7)
    Vikings (4-12)

NFC SOUTH
    Falcons (10-6)
    Saints (9-7)
    Panthers (9-7)
    Bucs (7-9)

NFC WEST
    Seahawks (11-5)
    49ers (11-5)
    Rams (8-8)
    Cardinals (5-11)

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
    Broncos over Colts

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
    Packers over Seahawks

SUPER BOWL
    Broncos over Packers
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Are you usually good at this? Because I hope you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Vikings, 4-12.. Hilarious.

Even with the Broncos defense being totally fucked without Von Miller for the first 6 games and Champ Bailey being injured/questionable to play for the first couple weeks you still have the Broncos having the best record? Interesting. And Chargers at 9-7? Have you seen them at all this preseason? They have looked terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Eagles will win more than 5 games and Skins will will 10 or more.
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

It is ONNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    And Chargers at 9-7? Have you seen them at all this preseason? They have looked terrible.
    They’ve been awful in Madden as well. Mathews drops about half his passes and that feels oh-so-great, for example, when it’s 3rd and 8 and he’s wide open down the middle. It would be a miracle if they did anything.

But, hey, high expectations have led to disappointment in years past so let's tame em up and see what happens. Go Boltz!
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

The city is going crazy. I guess that is what is expected. This is the first time the season opener is in Denver. They keep showing the pro pot billboard to "Don't drink, smoke pot" cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

According to iced keg, this regular season is going to play out very much like last year.

I'll take the over on the eagles and steelers and the under on the 49ers and colts.

Denver all the way..We goofed last year not this year .. cr****

Peyton. Broncos. Super Bowl.

I love being a broncos fan. It was also so much fun to boo Ryan Seacrest last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Peyton. Broncos. Super Bowl.

I love being a broncos fan. It was also so much fun to boo Ryan Seacrest last night.
    We agree on something!!! Fox said it's not how you start but how you finish. While I agree, what a great fucking start ...cr****

Supposedly Bruno Mars will be the Super Bowl halftime performer. I'm actually okay with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I'm not OK with that. I can't stand Bruno Mars.

Who is Bruno Mars?

Who is Bruno Mars?
    Lolz cr****

I haven't given a shit about the half time show in many years. To me it's the time to use the washroom, fix up more snacks and make another beer run if needed.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

BUT WHAT IF THEY GET REO SPEEDWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    The city is going crazy. I guess that is what is expected. This is the first time the season opener is in Denver. They keep showing the pro pot billboard to "Don't drink, smoke pot" cr****
    I can't tell you how much I miss Denver and Broncos Football...I count the days until I can move back and set my roots there.
    Upcoming Shows:

AD first touch of the season, 73 yard TD run. Good start to him wanting to get to 2,500 yards.

Holy shit new england -- they've got a million guys in suicide pools sweating already.